Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Its called "Navigator"
    Gee, thanks.

Yeah, I know it's called "Navigator" because I've been using it a lot since I installed it. It just wasn't there under the Button selection menu. Anyway, I installed the 5.201 update right immediately after my initial install. When I looked at the version today, I was still on the old original 5.04. I re-installed the update a couple of minutes ago and now I can access it via a hard key. So, either this was a problem with the initial install, or it was a bug in the 5.04 software. Either way, I'm okay now.

Anybody have any recommendations on that Contact database?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    It forced me to put it on the SD card.
    how can you tell where the navigator app is installed? looks like mine is installed on the internal ram of the treo, but the maps are all on the sd card. i rather have mine on the sd card. is there a way to check? and is there a way to move it over to the card or can i just use powerrun?
    I cleaned up some RAM to about 3.5M free and TT5.2 stopped with the DB memory error.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I cleaned up some RAM to about 3.5M free and TT5.2 stopped with the DB memory error.
    Joe, I have the exaclty similar problem. It works only after a reset. The incoming GSM release is supposed to have a much better Cache management. I don't when it will be released and I don't know nothing about CDMA.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    5. Install maps on the SD via Maps CDs using card reader method.

What is this "method" ?

That is do you put the whole folder contents on card, expand the cab files, copy whole folder or what ?

Using new CD that arrived today, I can't get anywhere. Neve roffered to install to SD card, get the 4019 error. Map hotsync afrer deleting suggested files freezes at 127/127 MB...starting program freezes at select voice screen.

No luck whatsoever.
    Had TTN5 install errors and was unable to get any support from TomTom. Have already returned unit to reseller.

I deleted the Contacts app from the Treo, and manually deleted all TTN5 files from my SD card. I manually deleted all TT releated entries in the WinXP registry, thereby getting rid of the TT Map conduit.

Per earlier post in this forum, I deleted the TTNnnn.dll files from the palmone folder.

Only residual problem I still see is the Navigator icon/app still left on my Treo. I can't see how to delete it, either through normal Palm app delete or using FileZ.
    Anyone know how/what to delete?

I envy all who are using TTN5 sucessfully, but I won't even try to use a product for which USA support is sooo abysmal!

Thanks
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perlstein
    Only residual problem I still see is the Navigator icon/app still left on my Treo. I can't see how to delete it, either through normal Palm app delete or using FileZ.
    Anyone know how/what to delete?
    Sorry you've given up on Navigator. It's great when it works. The Navigator app is called "start" or "start.prc". You'll probably need FileZ to see/delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Sorry you've given up on Navigator. It's great when it works. The Navigator app is called "start" or "start.prc". You'll probably need FileZ to see/delete it.
    Deleted it with FileZ.

I've been in the computer field for 40 years, so I expect software to be less than perfect. I really did WANT it to work, but the almost total lack of support from TomTom was too much. Had I known about this site earlier, I might have been able to work through the difficulty. Sigh...

Thanks to all who responded.

Mark
    FWIW, TomTom suppot called me just after I figured this out on my own:

1. Move all apps off card into main memory.....copy SD card files to desktop location for later retrieval.
    2. Format SD card
    3. Install TT 5.12 (version in current box) on desktop.
    4. Hotsync and get 4019 error
    5. Delete all files in C:\ProgramFiles\PalmOne\[your user name]\Exchange\To directory.
    6. Install 5.2x upgrade from UK site (not on US site)
    7. Install Maps directly to card using TT "other (advanced)" procedure and desktop card reader or Softick card Export.
    8. Start up tomtom and register
    9. Move apps back to card.
    10. Move other files back to card.

Regarding steps 1 &2 - am assuming that you had problems as otherwise you wouldn't be here. This makes sure that all traces of TomTom from the 1st 5 or 6 install attempts are removed. Of course uninstalling TomTom from the Treo is soemthing you have already done and hopefully you have Uninstall Manager.

Regarding Step 4 - This error will be seen in your HotSync Log....make sure you watch installation or the 60 second timer which offers to let you see this might not be caught.

Regarding Step 5 - This makes HotSync error go away....Probably should hotsync again to check especially if you have done voice install or attempted to install maps via hotsync. BTW, iif , like me, you don't put programs in C:\ProgramFiles but on another partition, this won't work. You will need to install the Palm Desktop Software into another PC in its DEFAULT location. This will also un-upgrade your Docs2Go Software when you hotsync to get TT on so reinstall the update for Docs2Go after you are all done.

Regarding Step 6 - You may not "need" to do this unless you have had a problem along the way as I was able to see launch the program 1st time. After trying and failing to get maps installed however, I kept getting ARM error problems which usually means not enough memory. I had 18 MB free so that wasn't it.

Regrading Step 7 - the install map portion offers to let you install maps via hotsync or via a "advanced" method. Choose the advanced. Installing the New England / Mid Atalantic region showed me a HotSYnc bar that listed progress as x / 127 MB....the maps are 165 MB. Use a desktop card reader to do the install (this will be offered as a selection) if you have one. Otherwise, pick a windows drive, said drive being the one that Softick Card Export will place in Windows Explorer when it mounts your Treo's SD card when you tell it to conenct the Treo to Desktop.

Other advice.....copy your entire SD card to a partition or folder on your windows desktop. If anything goes wrong and you have to reformat your card, you can just copy it back...a process which takes 2 minutes compared to laoding all the maps via the install program (probably an hour).

Links:

- Navigator 5.2 Update - http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....361&Language=1
    - Softick Card Export II - http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 01/23/2006 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    I too am constantly getting "Not Enough free DB Cache Memory to run this application" after upgrading to 5.201. I am using a Sprint 650.
    Anybody find a fix for this? I am getting this error constantly and a soft reset usually does not work. I just deleted and re-installed to no avail. I don't know how to make it go away. It will suddently start to work several hours later.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Anybody find a fix for this? I am getting this error constantly and a soft reset usually does not work. I just deleted and re-installed to no avail. I don't know how to make it go away. It will suddently start to work several hours later.
    Went back to 5.12 and it fixed it right away. From what I could find, there were no significant changes to warrant the need to upgrade.
    How does one go about getting 5.12?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it on their website.
    Re: 5.201 upgrade issues...

The navigator.ini file gives the following file renames:

[FileNames]
    File000=setup.dat
    File001=start.prc
    File002=Munich.bin
    File003=data.chk
    File004=cn.prc

So, presumably:
    munich.bin & data.chk go into Card:\tomtom
    start.prc & cn.prc go into Treo main memory

But where does setp.dat go..?

Any ideas..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa
    Re: 5.201 upgrade issues...

where does setp.dat go..?
    On my install, it is in the Tomtom directory on the SD with Data.chk and Munich.bin.
    K, thanks. Just realised than cn.prc goes into Card:\palm\launcher too...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234