Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
  1. #41  
    Thanks!
    -Lammy
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    1- I installed again 5.20 and now it works for me as well.
    2- Wich is your sw/fw version?. BTW it should be fixed by incoming release for GSM. Then it only happens after a backup made by Backup Manager.
    I am still using the current official 1.28/1.13ROW.

    Re the turning off, as I always suggest, if the Treo is not doing what it should, then do a zero out reset, it's far more effective than a hard reset.

    Mike
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I am still using the current official 1.28/1.13ROW.

    Re the turning off, as I always suggest, if the Treo is not doing what it should, then do a zero out reset, it's far more effective than a hard reset.

    Mike
    Mike thanks a lot.
    Few questions more!!!
    When you perform a ZO Reset, do you restore then all your apps/settings via Hotsync (or with a 3rd party sw) or do you install everything from the beginning?

    The Cache error does not annoy me that much as it is caused mainly by Backup Manager 1.53 and because the incoming GSM update should fix it.

    Is the power off problem cause by Treo OS in your opinion? Should TT 5.201 override the system power settings?


    Thanks
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Mike thanks a lot.
    Few questions more!!!
    When you perform a ZO Reset, do you restore then all your apps/settings via Hotsync (or with a 3rd party sw) or do you install everything from the beginning?

    The Cache error does not annoy me that much as it is caused mainly by Backup Manager 1.53 and because the incoming GSM update should fix it.

    Is the power off problem cause by Treo OS in your opinion? Should TT 5.201 override the system power settings?


    Thanks
    With regards to zero out reset. I install all apps separately, at same time checking I'm using the latest versions - surprising how many I was using that were old versions.

    I use also BackupMan 1.53 without any problems either, doing an auto backup some time in the night.

    I'm not sure what is causing the power off, but see what happens after the zero out. There may be traces of other bits & pieces lying around in the treos' internal memory from many installs & removals. Zero out gets rid of all the crap & lets you start afresh, just with the f/w & phone s/w.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    With regards to zero out reset. I install all apps separately, at same time checking I'm using the latest versions - surprising how many I was using that were old versions.
    I'll give it a try thanks a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I use also BackupMan 1.53 without any problems either, doing an auto backup some time in the night.
    It's so strange that you don't have this error!! You are lucky!! After a scheduled backup my Free cache goes down to 2-2.5 MB and TomTom seems to need at least 4-5 to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I'm not sure what is causing the power off, but see what happens after the zero out. There may be traces of other bits & pieces lying around in the treos' internal memory from many installs & removals. Zero out gets rid of all the crap & lets you start afresh, just with the f/w & phone s/w.
    Ok, I'll try and then I'll give to you all the feedback.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  6. #46  
    Why in the world are so many of your fighting for the 5.20 tarbaby..... you are all wasting your time, unless you agreed to be 'unofficial' beta testers. Use 5.12 and you will be satisfied, until they get their arms around their install issues. Rememer this software is to get you from point A to point B with maybe a few waypoints in between ;-) . TomTom should be responding to this crap ...... But stick with 5.12 IMO it is solid.

    J.G.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerry11
    Why in the world are so many of your fighting for the 5.20 tarbaby..... you are all wasting your time, unless you agreed to be 'unofficial' beta testers. Use 5.12 and you will be satisfied, until they get their arms around their install issues. Rememer this software is to get you from point A to point B with maybe a few waypoints in between ;-) . TomTom should be responding to this crap ...... But stick with 5.12 IMO it is solid.

    J.G.
    I for one have never had any problems with 5.201, in fact it is for me so much more stable than ANY previous version. I have had NO problems with installation, NO DBCache errors or any resets caused by ttn.

    So why would I want to go backwards to 5.12 which caused regular resets?
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I for one have never had any problems with 5.201, in fact it is for me so much more stable than ANY previous version. I have had NO problems with installation, NO DBCache errors or any resets caused by ttn.

    So why would I want to go backwards to 5.12 which caused regular resets?
    maybe it has something to do with you driving on the wrong side of the road?
  9. #49  
    Unlike in USA here in Italy the Support team is quite responsive and very kind (even if not always precise!!).

    About the auto off (TT5 follow the Treo power saving settings even if during a trip) that for me is an issue, they told me that it is a prerogative of version 5.201 and they suggested to me the following fix. Create a new Memo typing what written in the attachment. It's not working for me at the moment, but we are in the right way.......I hope!!!!!

    The DB cache error is known by them and the confirmed that it will be fixed by the next sw release.

    The rest of my testing with TT5.201 is almost perfect.

    I'll keep you, posted.

    I also asked if there is a sort of woraround in order to avoid TT5 switch on the phone radion and keep asking to switch BT radio on. Let's wait!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    maybe it has something to do with you driving on the wrong side of the road?
    I thought that it was the right side! Ok, left.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    About the auto off (TT5 follow the Treo power saving settings even if during a trip) that for me is an issue, they told me that it is a prerogative of version 5.201 and they suggested to me the following fix. Create a new Memo typing what written in the attachment. It's not working for me at the moment, but we are in the right way.......I hope!!!!!
    Reading better on TC Forum I discovered that the hack/tick is supposed to work non specifically for TomTom but for everithing. My conclusion is that it does not work for both PalmOS and TomTom as well!!!! I'll use AlwaysOn. It would be very nice to have the possibility to enable it (to one of its specific setting) only when a specific Apps (TomTom) is runnig. It would be easy in your opinion?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  12. #52  
    At least for me with my (quite nice) Treo BT Headset it works in this way:
    - You are yousing TT5.201 following indications.
    - An incoming call arrives.
    - Answer using green button or central and then immediately force your headset to link.
    - After few swconds your headset is connected and TT5 will report "No GPS device" showing you in front of your home!!
    - Once the call will end, TT5.201 will automaticly reconnect to the BT GPS starting again your itinerary recalculating the route.

    Just two button press (even if in a short sequence!!!), a great benefit for our attention wile driving in our crowded streets/hightways!!!!
    What do you think??

    I'm very happy!!!!!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    - Answer using green button or central and then immediately force your headset to link.
    How do you do this part?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    How do you do this part?
    When the phone rings I hit the cetral button and the after 1 second I press the button on my BT Headset, waiting for the 2 tones like when you want to redial the last number or when you want to force a call to be transferred from normal speaker to BT headset.
    The rest is only to speak and once the red button will be pressed to end the call TT will start to drive you.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  15. #55  
    Using a wired GPS receiver means that I don't get lost when I receive a call and ttn restarts and gives me visual directions.

    I have configured my Treo to automatically answer when connected to my car BT carkit.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Using a wired GPS receiver means that I don't get lost when I receive a call and ttn restarts and gives me visual directions.

    I have configured my Treo to automatically answer when connected to my car BT carkit.
    Mike that's surely correct...........but my philosophy in this world of wires is to have less wires as possible!!!!

    I had chance recently to use TT to walk down town in a not perfectly known place (London).....it work perfectly with my small gps receiver in my pocket. So nice not to open maps in a crowded tube station.
    For driving your solution is surely the best...........but I prefer to have only one "allaround unwired solution" (sorry for my english, this morning appears to me very bad)!!!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  17. #57  
    Vittore, grazie.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Vittore, grazie.
    jaharr,
    no problem!!

    Please give to us a feedback if it works for you as well.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  19. #59  
    vittogn

    You're right, it works very well in the car & I have a Tom Tom BT GPS mk1 receiver for when I'm not in my car. Best of both worlds, but not on my pocket£££!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  20. #60  
    I have a few stupid questions. I did a search and could not find my answer. Instead of starting a new thread, I'd though that I try here.
    How do I map tomtom to a hard button? I cannot find the application when I try to program the hard buttons. Shouldn't it be there?
    Also, I have the Contacts icon that was created on both my Treo and on my SD card. Do I need these for anything critical? Would the program be OK if I delete it? I have over 3000 contacts and would rather not have this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions