Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I spoke with Tom Tom support yesterday regarding the DB Cache Memoryand 5.20. They told me it was a known error with some phones. She recommended doing an uninstall-re-install just jusing 5.20. You do not have to have the other software on your device. I have done this and will give it out a try today. She also said Tom Tom 5 likes a dedicated SD card but who in the heck wants to do that!
    This is what I did - fresh install of ttn 5.201. so far no problems.

And yes, Tom Tom also told me to use a dedicated SD card - I was having other problems at the same time & so I now do that. It's a pain, but I have a case that can carry 2 SD cards, so it's not quite such a problem for me now. Though I wish it would work with all my other stuff on my 1GB Ultra 2 card.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    This is what I did - fresh install of ttn 5.201. so far no problems.
    Sorry Mike,
    I feel quite stupid but I did not understand.

Do you mean that you uninstall completely (all files except maps folder) TT5 and then run it from 5.201 exe?

Thanks.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    After being able to launch the program last night, I got that error in the AM when in my car, ready to test. A reset fixed it. I enabled UDMH as well, to hopefully keep the memory heap full.

I spoke with Tom Tom support yesterday regarding the DB Cache Memoryand 5.20. They told me it was a known error with some phones. She recommended doing an uninstall-re-install just jusing 5.20. You do not have to have the other software on your device. I have done this and will give it out a try today. She also said Tom Tom 5 likes a dedicated SD card but who in the heck wants to do that!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    So far 5.201 has been ok. Still no dbcache errors. Whilst out on the road started ttn approx. 5 times with no problems. not received any incoming calls yet.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm using a wired sirf111 receiver rather than a BT receiver.
    Mike,
    would you please post your current fw and sw? 1.71 has been reported as much more better for cache managment. Is this the reason why you are OK and other users still got the error? Then, do you use dbcachetool?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I just installed it last night, straight from the 5.201 installer.

TomTom installation was unbelievably bad. I don't know how that made it out of the factory, it's embarassing. I did it over five times and it didn't work until I cancelled my last HotSync when it was just idling for fifteen minutes and then reset the Treo. It didn't even show up until I did that.

But, now that it works, TomTom is awesome.
    Another installer gaffe.

TT requires that Hotsync be installed on the C: drive, I install all my applications on D:ProgramFiles....I reserve C: strictly for Windows OS.

TT is the ONLY application I have run accross that requires the app to be installed opn C:

I have emailed tech support numerous times to correct this to no avail.

I had to set up another Hotsync install on a second computer just to install TomTom, what a pain in the a**
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

Well after trying it out today I guess I am going back to 5.12. I don't want to use another SD card dedicated to TomTom because switching cards and Hot synching seems to screw everything up

ARGH!

Just went back to 5.12 and Shazam! all my db cache problems went away!
    Last edited by wbwjr; 12/01/2005 at 01:35 PM.
    My setup is still running perfectly. I received several calls whilst on the road today and ttn 5.201 restarted as it should. No resets yet either.
    I thought 5.201 was ok... Got a few DBCache errors today. Had to reboot in order to use TomTom.

Today I went back to 5.12. Procedure I used:

Download and Install 5.12 update. ( I didn't delete 5.2 or anything).

I noticed the tomtom installer added navigator.cab into my C:\Program Files\Palm\<syncname>\Exchange\To directory. This was causing a hotsync error. So I deleted it.

Everything back to normal.
    I installed 5.201 uninstalling everything about 5.00.
    I have the memory error like all of you but I'm waiting for the new Palm GSM update that should fix it.

Contacts navigator when I tap on "go to" or "show it on map" give me an error message that navigator can not be launched.

Any idea?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I installed 5.201 uninstalling everything about 5.00.
    I have the memory error like all of you but I'm waiting for the new Palm GSM update that should fix it.

Contacts navigator when I tap on "go to" or "show it on map" give me an error message that navigator can not be launched.

Any idea?

I was getting errors on navigator and contacts navigator with 5.201. I went back to 5.12 and it solved all my problems. When I did re-install I noticed 5.201 was alot bigger.

5.12 - 2931kb
    5.201 - 4304kb

I would say you will have to go back to 5.12 to solve your problems. Very frustrating isn't it.

BTW I am on Verizon
    Installation Procedure TomTom 5 (5.201)

1. Install the main app directly from the update exe file (ver. 5.201).
    2. When Hotsync will be launched a pop up window have to request the destination: select SD Card.
    3. Install voice from the original CD (ver. 5.000). Also here a pop up window have to request the destination: select SD Card. (Hotsync error 4019 expected).
    4. Cut and paste START.prc from SD:\PALM to SD:\Documents.
    5. Install maps on the SD via Maps CDs using card reader method.
    7. Remove the content of C:\Programs File\palmOne\user\Exchange\To. Execute Hotsync. Hotsync error at point 3 is gone.

TomTom 5 (5.201) issues

1. Contacts Navigator is no longer able to launch TT5.
    2. Whenever the NVFS Cache Free goes down around 5MB (at least on a Treo 650) TT5 gives a memory error. The problem will possibly be fixed by the incoming 1.20 GSM update (fw 1.71). CNG 1.17 (fw 1.51) update has been reported to work munch more better in cleaning Cache.
    3. I had some resets on incoming call (50% of the calls). TBC tested on demo.
    4. When I answer a call, I have to exit from TT5 in order to force my BT Headset to work, loosing the benefits of TT5 5.201 to go back automaticly to the route. TBC tested on demo.
    5. TT5 respect the power setting but it does not wake up to indicate the street change during the route. TBC tested on demo.

TomTom 5 (5.201) benefits

1. No more Hotsync error.

Tonight I'll test 5.12.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    TomTom 5 (5.201) issues

1. Contacts Navigator is no longer able to launch TT5.
    2. Whenever the NVFS Cache Free goes down around 5MB (at least on a Treo 650) TT5 gives a memory error. The problem will possibly be fixed by the incoming 1.20 GSM update (fw 1.71). CNG 1.17 (fw 1.51) update has been reported to work munch more better in cleaning Cache.
    3. I had some resets on incoming call (50% of the calls). TBC tested on demo.
    4. When I answer a call, I have to exit from TT5 in order to force my BT Headset to work, loosing the benefits of TT5 5.201 to go back automaticly to the route. TBC tested on demo.
    5. TT5 respect the power setting but it does not wake up to indicate the street change during the route. TBC tested on demo.

TomTom 5 (5.201) benefits

1. No more Hotsync error.

Tonight I'll test 5.12.
    1. CN works fine for me.
    2. No DBCache issues so far
    3. No resets whatsoever
    4. I use a wired GPS receiver so I can use my BT car Kit (My BT GPS receiver for use when not in my car)
    5. ttn only turns off when not connected to a GPS receiver.

and no more hotsync errors.

I would suggest the wonderful zero out reset & reinstall everything.

I also run ttn on a dedicated SD card as recommended by Tom Tom.

TTN 5.201 is the best release by Tom Tom so far.
    Aside from the hotsync error benefit and a reduction in resets, have you noticed any functional benefit to this update? Does it behave any differently during navigation or call reception? I'm still waiting for Tomtom support to provide a response to my question about this update. It's interesting that it hasn't been added to their USA English support site yet. I notice that the 5.12 update is not listed on their UK English site. Was it listed previously on the European sites?
    Last edited by jrfaris; 12/02/2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    For those of you that use a dedicated SD card for Tom Tom, how do you keep everything straight trying to Hot Sync. Doesn't the palm desktop try and throw all the other stuff on the card? Or do you set conduits to do nothing?
    Hotsync detects which card is present and does it's own thing. Never had a problem as long as I have closed all docs to go files.

I use 3 SD cards between my T3 & Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Hotsync detects which card is present and does it's own thing. Never had a problem as long as I have closed all docs to go files.

I use 3 SD cards between my T3 & Treo 650.

Mike, Thanks for the quick answer. Since 5.12 works well on my sd card with my other applications, If I install 5.20 to a new card dedicated to Tom Tom do you think that will have any affect on the actual Treo? That way I could evaluate the differences in the programs.
    1. CN works fine for me.
    2. No DBCache issues so far
    3. No resets whatsoever
    4. I use a wired GPS receiver so I can use my BT car Kit (My BT GPS receiver for use when not in my car)
    5. ttn only turns off when not connected to a GPS receiver.

and no more hotsync errors.

I would suggest the wonderful zero out reset & reinstall everything.

I also run ttn on a dedicated SD card as recommended by Tom Tom.

1- I installed again 5.20 and now it works for me as well.
    2- Wich is your sw/fw version?. BTW it should be fixed by incoming release for GSM. Then it only happens after a backup made by Backup Manager.
    3- Still have to test after my last installation.
    5- Please help with this issue. TT5 follow the system power settings even if the connection is active. Then it does not work in back ground waking up for to indicate a street change (this could be a great features in order to save battery!!). When I wake the Treo up manually, it shows the position at the moment in wich the power went down and it has to calculate again the route. Any suggestion idea?

I'm not using TT5 with a dedicated SD, and a part what reported over it is a wonderfull piece of sw!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Arrh, I upgraded and get the Cache error. Does someone have a link to 5.12? I need to go back. I love this program, but man it's WORK!
    -Lammy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamourish
    Does someone have a link to 5.12?
    http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....age=4&FID=3424
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast