Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the new Motorola H700 yet? I know the T650 and most Motorola BT headsets don't play well together but I was hoping their latest might work better with the Treo.

I am looking for something that works as well as the HBH-662 but has better battery life and noise cancellation. Any suggestions are welcome.
    It works way better than the h500 and the jabra bt250. The only thing that I am not thrilled with is the volume level. Is it me? Huh what did u say?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Is it worth a try or is the volume that bad?
    I have to say yes. It is a good headset overall.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Thanks...I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I picked one up at Best Buy today and I can't get it to work right. It connects with a call very fast but if I change the volume on the Treo, it seems to disconnect the BT link. I have deleted the BT cache and trusted device files and re-paired but it still does not work right. Anyone else with this problem? Nice, small design but does not seem to like my Treo.
    so it auto connects when a call comes in or call goes out? The Hs850 did NOT do this!
    you can answer from the set itself... but now that u mentioned it, mine too freeze when i do anything with the volume on the treo. I guess will leave it on high
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    so it auto connects when a call comes in or call goes out? The Hs850 did NOT do this!
    Well, it auto connects SOMETIMES it seems. While the volume is MUCH better than the HS850, it seems even quirkier. As zizo1972 said, it will disconnect and/or freeze up if you touch any thing on the Treo while on a call. I also find the range to be pretty short and it is very prone to static. Disappointing!!!

Certainly not a replacement for my HBH-662. Maybe the HBH-610 is worth a try???
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I picked one up at Best Buy today and I can't get it to work right. It connects with a call very fast but if I change the volume on the Treo, it seems to disconnect the BT link. I have deleted the BT cache and trusted device files and re-paired but it still does not work right. Anyone else with this problem? Nice, small design but does not seem to like my Treo.

have you updated your treo to the 1.17 firmware? they've totally modified the bluetooth software with that upgrade. my bt250 wouldn't auto connect when i answered a call until i upgraded.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gatekpr
    have you updated your treo to the 1.17 firmware? they've totally modified the bluetooth software with that upgrade. my bt250 wouldn't auto connect when i answered a call until i upgraded.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/

I have the latest update from Sprint. I have not heard of any Sprint updates in the near future to fix BT issues.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm trying the h700 too on an unbranded GSM with the Chinese rom upgrade. I have experienced locking if I try to adjusted the rocker for changing volume. I had BTmute on my machine and the lock ups deminished once I removed it.

However the best way to adjust volume is before you activate the h700. Then you just leave it alone. Volume on mine is acceptable but not outstanding, what I like best is the quick turn off.

This one will not switch mid-call to the h700 unless you set the phone on speaker and then turn on the h700.

I have not experience any echo on this one like the AX2 would give me occasionally.
    I've got an unlocked GSM version, but see that the 1.7 update for Cingular does in fact address some Bluetooth issues. Has anyone who has updated tried a H700?

I'm playing with one now and really love the form factor, but the range appears to be 3 feet, line of sight, before it starts with the static. The volume is great, but as others have mentioned, it is quite squirrley with call hand off.

jb
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    For whatever its worth, I have tried the H700 on the following:

1. On an unbranded 650 running 1.71/1.20 with all my normal software;

2. On the same unbranded 650 after a hard reset; and,

3. On a Cingular 650 running 1.51/1.17 with no additional programs than comes with the phone.

In all three scenarios the H700 responded the same way. If you attempt to increase the volume using the Treo's rocker arm, you stop hearing audio. (On the transmitting side, I only have one instance to report when I asked the caller what they experienced. The caller reported she heard my voice very faintly along with static.)

To date the only way to re-establish a connection I have discovered, is to turn off the H700 for a few seconds while the call is in progress (so that the Treo detects the bluetooth connection is severed) and then turn it back on.

However the rocker volume control seems to have no effect on the H700’s volume. And the volume control on the H700 itself is not effected by this problem.

I have not experienced the “glitch” with any other headset including Axion AX2 and a Motorola H850.that I recall. In the case of the AX2, the rocker volume control does influence the bluetooth headsets volume.
    As I posted in the Motorola H700 won't answer call for Treo650 thread, opening and closing the boom will not answer the phone on an unlocked GSM Treo 650 with 1.20ENA software.

- Dave
    Can you use the phonebook and other treo buttons while on a call with the H700, or does that screw things up too? I think I can deal with the fact that you can't change the volume from the Treo 650 side after a call is connected, but I must be able to use the Treo 650 for other purposes...