1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently bought Unlocked Treo 650, which seems to be TIM carrier branded phone. I live in EU, Finland.

Everything else seems to work but it seems that the person with who I am talking to, seems to hear his own voice echoing when speaking. It seems that this problem is quite known in this community but is there way to fix it yet? Ive found that by lowering the speaker volume, the echo can be bit faded away,but I think its quite loud still when lowest speaker volume.

Firmware : 01.16
    Software Treo650-1.06-TIM
    Hardware : A

There seems to be a update program, which goes by name Treo 650 Updater 1.13 (http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(9261)) and it fixes a bunch of problems, including voice quality. However, it seems I cannot update, since documentation for this update reports :

"Important: If you are not using an Unlocked GSM (Generic) Treo 650, do NOT download this version of the software. This version of the Treo 650 Update 1.13 is incompatible with carrier branded phones - Orange UK, Orange France, Orange Switzerland, TIM, Movistar (Telefonica)"

Can I do anything to this issue or how I should proceed with this issue? Is there way to change Software version to something else than carried branded and then trying to update etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflage
    Hello,

I recently bought Unlocked Treo 650, which seems to be TIM carrier branded phone. I live in EU, Finland.

Everything else seems to work but it seems that the person with who I am talking to, seems to hear his own voice echoing when speaking. It seems that this problem is quite known in this community but is there way to fix it yet? Ive found that by lowering the speaker volume, the echo can be bit faded away,but I think its quite loud still when lowest speaker volume.

Firmware : 01.16
    Software Treo650-1.06-TIM
    Hardware : A

There seems to be a update program, which goes by name Treo 650 Updater 1.13 (http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(9261)) and it fixes a bunch of problems, including voice quality. However, it seems I cannot update, since documentation for this update reports :

"Important: If you are not using an Unlocked GSM (Generic) Treo 650, do NOT download this version of the software. This version of the Treo 650 Update 1.13 is incompatible with carrier branded phones - Orange UK, Orange France, Orange Switzerland, TIM, Movistar (Telefonica)"

Can I do anything to this issue or how I should proceed with this issue? Is there way to change Software version to something else than carried branded and then trying to update etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Give the Firmware 1.51 a try. It may help.
  3.    #3  
    Will that work on carrier branded phones, TIM for example?

Some guys seem to have succesfully updated their FW, one dude got "Software 1.13 ROW", wonder what that ROW stands for?