1.    #1  
    Just downloaded ver 0.8 from MTDN.

The download page says:

# Better installation, all fonts inside the app and extracted at first run
    # ARMlet (1.2 MB) can be moved to memory card, leading around 38 kB PRC in main memory to handle attachments and receive PDF files

The readme file says:

"If you like you can further reduce the size of PalmPDF to 35 KB by moving
    the render modul to the memory card too."

I installed this to RAm and ran the application. So far so good. Which file am I supposed to move to the card to save memory?

The creator ID of PalmPDF is "PPDF" and I don't see any other file with that IS in RAM ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    while in palmPDF go to menus and hit "to card" that moves the app to the card
    Treoing & Loving it
  3.    #3  
    Aah. Didn't see that in any documentation.

Any idea which filename is copied to the card? and in which folder on the card?

Interestingly, I installed the application directly to the card (using Quickinstall). The program works fine this way. The menu option (to copy to card) is still there. I ran that option (just for kicks) and the program copied something somewhere...

It still works.. And there is nothing in RAM with that creatorID.

I have DTG 8 so I am debating as to which program should be made to handle PDF files.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I tried DTG8 but I got rid of it because of the numerous bugs (file association error) so I stuck with palmPDF. I actually uninstalled DTG alltogether. you need to install to ram then move to card to get proper file association when downloading pdfs from the internet.
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #5  
    It figures. My Treo had DTG_8 associated with PDF files. I'll stay this way and see how things turn out.

I actually prefer the rendering by PalmPDF. I need to verify that it displays forms (and filled ininformation) correctly. DTG_8 does not.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I tried Palmpdf 0.8, bit with limited success, perhaps someone knows what I'm doing wrong.

I installed it to ram. Ran it and all seemed to go OK. It created the sub folder on my card and put the small files in there automatically.

I then used the command to copy the main program to my card and that reduced the ram program to about 70kb OK.

I then copied a couple of .pdf files to my card.

However when I try to "show" them the screen opens the viewer for about half a second, I can see the buttons on the bottom, and then returns to the Palmpdf front screen.

If it that my .pdf files are not readable?

One of the .pdf files is the one that came in the original Palmpdf zip file, so I assume that would be readable?

Any thoughts ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #7  
    Try installing and running from RAM. Does that work? If so, the problem is the copying of the rendering engine to card.

By the way, if you don't doenload PDF's to the Treo directly (via blazer), you could install the entire program to SD card (via quick install). That works just fine, without leaving any stub in the RAM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I actually prefer the rendering by PalmPDF. I need to verify that it displays forms (and filled ininformation) correctly. DTG_8 does not.
    PalmPDF displays filled-in data in PDF forms. DTG_8 does not. Free is better in this case.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    like i said before, I actully uninstalled DTG
    Treoing & Loving it
  10.    #10  
    What do you use for reading/editing MS Word/Excel files?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    my laptop, the only documents I need to read on the road are in pdf format (scientific pubs). IMHO the screen is too small for document/sheet editing.
    Treoing & Loving it