1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo about a year now, and I'm starting to wonder if my battery may start to lose capacity/ability to hold a charge. It still seems ok, but if it is losing capacity, it'd be gradual and I might not notice. I charge it every night, and depending on usage its drained down anywhere from 50% down to 20 or 30%. Does anyone have any idea how long a treo 650 battery will last before it has problems? and what have people experienced after replacing a ~year old battery? does perfformance increase?

finally, should I stay OEM or switch to an extended life one?

thanks for your advice!!
    -brian
    What software do you have installed recently? They may be causing the power drain. Also specify what phone do you have, Treo 650 or 600?
  3.    #3  
    It's a Treo 650. I don't think it's anything I've installed recently, although I do have applications that run in the background, which probably drains my battery somewhat -- profilecare, butler, verichat (sms mode), etc. I'm not so much worried about that. I'm really trying to get a sense for if the battery itself may be starting to lose its ability to hold a charge in some respect -- drains faster, doesn't charge as much, or some other problem. I'm not honestly sure that I'm getting any less life than I ever did. If there has been degradation, it'd be subtle over time.

I'm really looking for advice on if anyone has a sense of what the expected life of the battery is and if they've noticed an improvement after replacing their battery after a year or so (I guess you couldn't have a battery more than a year or so old yet! ). But since I tend to go through most of the battery in a day, that means I've put it through probably 365 charge cycles. I don't know if that's a lot for this battery or not.

Thanks!
    -Brian
    I also have two questions about battery life:

1) I have verichat, ptunes, and mobitv installed. Which of these programs would be draining the battery the most when in standby mode (not being used)

2) Probably a related question to the above, why does the red light stay on often when the device is not in use?

I am in the same depleted battery predicament. I leave the phone off while I am working, and notice when I turn it on at my lunch break, the battery is depleted, and by the evening it is completely dead. The specs from the palm website state that the CDMA model has up to 5 hours talk time and up to 2 weeks standby time. The treo I own is less than a month old. Any suggestions to improve battery time? (i guess that's 3 questions)
    Thanks