Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    I was using the built-in shortcuts in my Prism (PalmOS 3.5) and I noticed that when I write the shortcut symbol follow by dts I get the following

m1/4/01 6:23p instead of 1/4/01 6:23pm

other shortcuts have the same problem with the last character showing at the begining of the pharase.

I tested in other applications and I don't see this problem.

Thanks

Al
    Originally posted by acajigas

other shortcuts have the same problem with the last character showing at the begining of the pharase.
    Seems to be working fine on my VDx running poor old 3.1H3...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Go get it now guys.
    Its back down to 19.99 at palmgear...for a limited time.
    Originally posted by ByinHi
    Go get it now guys.
    Its back down to 19.99 at palmgear...for a limited time.
    How'd you pull that off? It shows up for $30 when I check.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle

Seems to be working fine on my VDx running poor old 3.1H3...
    I just tried it. Also works fine on my Prism: "1/4/01 19:47" (running Wordsmith 1.0)
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"

The bug shows when I use Tealscript as my graffiti input but when I turn it off and use my palm built-in graffiti everything goes fine.

Al
    I have yet to be able to convert a Mac Word RTF file to a WordSmith compatable and synchable file. I just keep geting a "Cannot convert this file" message.

Has anyone made this work? What file format and Word version did you use?
    Hiya. I managed to grab the 50% offer while it lasted and got myself the official release of WordSmith. Greatly impressed by it...was able to edit my document while standing in my morning train to work!!

The doc was from a rtf file converted and synced into my Palm via my Mac.

But to my horror, when I got to my work place, I just can't seem to get the edited file out of my Prism.

Anyway...now I'm back home...and after combing through 5 pages of comments.....I've did alil of my own troubleshooting and realised that 1)Doc that was created in WordSmith will be "backup" during the Syncing session; but 2)Doc that was created on the Mac, synced into the Palm..edited..cannot be "backup"ed...

so here i am..stuck with my document in my Prism...waiting...for the conduit to arrive...

Any possible solution...or did I discover a critter...
    Originally posted by Jimmy Liew
    Hiya. I managed to grab the 50% offer while it lasted and got myself the official release of WordSmith. Greatly impressed by it...was able to edit my document while standing in my morning train to work!!

The doc was from a rtf file converted and synced into my Palm via my Mac.

But to my horror, when I got to my work place, I just can't seem to get the edited file out of my Prism.

Anyway...now I'm back home...and after combing through 5 pages of comments.....I've did alil of my own troubleshooting and realised that 1)Doc that was created in WordSmith will be "backup" during the Syncing session; but 2)Doc that was created on the Mac, synced into the Palm..edited..cannot be "backup"ed...

so here i am..stuck with my document in my Prism...waiting...for the conduit to arrive...

Any possible solution...or did I discover a critter...
    Tap and hold on the name of the document in WordSmith. When the menu pops up, choose Details. Check the box labeled 'Sync'.

I will change 1.01 so that it automatically turns on the Sync flag for new rich-text documents not sent via conduit.

Scott
    Originally posted by Scott Maxwell
    Tap and hold on the name of the document in WordSmith. When the menu pops up, choose Details. Check the box labeled 'Sync'.

I will change 1.01 so that it automatically turns on the Sync flag for new rich-text documents not sent via conduit.

Scott [/B]
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the quick reply!!

I did tried clicking the Sync button. But it did not work. I'm doing this on a Mac, so there wasn't any "conduit" being used before or after.

Thanks again.
    Originally posted by dtplink
    I have yet to be able to convert a Mac Word RTF file to a WordSmith compatable and synchable file. I just keep geting a "Cannot convert this file" message.

Has anyone made this work? What file format and Word version did you use?
    dt-

I believe I have id'd and fixed the problem. I have uploaded a new build of the Mac converter to the main site that should fix this, if you'd like to give it a shot.

Alexander
    The conversion problem is gone and the .rtf files pass over to the PRISM very nicely (minus the art of course).

Hey this bug fixing stuff in realtime is great but.... I assume you will be diligent about emailing us to tell us when an incremental updates are available, such as the one you just did to the Converter. I assumed that I would be going to you support page, check the rev number of the latest version (couldn't); check the rev number of the one I have (couldn't); and download just the files I need from your site (not possible).

BTW, did you know that you work, so far, in Russian using PiLoc the Russian OS patch and SlovoEd, the Russian-English dictionary utilities. I am limited to one font size and style however.

[Edited by dtplink on 01-05-2001 at 11:30 PM]
    Originally posted by dtplink
    The conversion problem is gone and the .rtf files pass over to the PRISM very nicely (minus the art of course).

Hey this bug fixing stuff in realtime is great but.... I assume you will be diligent about emailing us to tell us when an incremental updates are available, such as the one you just did to the Converter. I assumed that I would be going to you support page, check the rev number of the latest version (couldn't); check the rev number of the one I have (couldn't); and download just the files I need from your site (not possible).

BTW, did you know that you work, so far, in Russian using PiLoc the Russian OS patch and SlovoEd, the Russian-English dictionary utilities. I am limited to one font size and style however.

[Edited by dtplink on 01-05-2001 at 11:30 PM]
    d-

Thanks for the confirm on the bug fix.

We will probably set up an egroups ML for update notifications, and maybe one for discussions as well. Any thoughts you guys have on whether this would be a good or bad thing would be appreciated. We'd rather not have to set up and maintain fancy forum or mailing-list software ouselves if we can "outsource". I like linux as much as the next guy, but I'd rather spend my time coding. ;-)

I'm happy to hear we're working in Russian as well! :-)

Alexander
    Originally posted by Jimmy Liew

I did tried clicking the Sync button. But it did not work. I'm doing this on a Mac, so there wasn't any "conduit" being used before or after.

Thanks again.
    J-

The backup but wasn't get set when you clicked the sync flag. It is now. We just posted 1.0a which fixes this and some issues with the Mac converter. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any difficulties, and sorry for the inconvenience related to this bug.

Alexander
    Kewl..thanks for the patching up! It works fine now.
    Originally posted by ahinds
    We will probably set up an egroups ML for update notifications, and maybe one for discussions as well. Any thoughts you guys have on whether this would be a good or bad thing would be appreciated.
    Alexander,
    I would appreciate a ML for update notification. I am already an egroups member, so my vote is with them, and for you to be free to code away .

BTW - sorry I have been pretty quiet lately, I was away for a while and it took a couple days to get back up to speed with the latest versions...everything has been working great for me. Keep up the good work, you guys are great!!

- Ryan
    I love this program. I had to give a speech recently, and I typed up my notes in Word and printed them. However, just to play with the program, I also used the conduit to dump it into my Visor. It saved my life when I forgot my hardcopy at the office - I still had the speech to refer to.

However, I have noticed a minor bug is too strong a word. I created the speech using Word's autonumbering feature. Wordsmith captured the numbers. However, in some places it deleted the first word or two of the heading. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by VTL
    I love this program. I had to give a speech recently, and I typed up my notes in Word and printed them. However, just to play with the program, I also used the conduit to dump it into my Visor. It saved my life when I forgot my hardcopy at the office - I still had the speech to refer to.

However, I have noticed a minor bug is too strong a word. I created the speech using Word's autonumbering feature. Wordsmith captured the numbers. However, in some places it deleted the first word or two of the heading. Any thoughts?
    VTL-

Can you send a copy of the original word document to support@bluenomad.com, and reference me in the subject?

Thanks,

Alexander
    It's always been kind of ackward to use the tab key on the stowaway keyboard. The only way I know to tab is to hit the function key and tab.

But that doesn't seem to work with WordSmith.

Is there a trick to using tab? I seem to remember somebody somewhere in this threat commenting that the conduit to wordsmith converted the tabs into 5 spaces instead of a tab.

But can I use the tab key on the stowaway keyboard?

Just curious, despite this rather minor problem I am still enthralled with wordsmith.

Thanks
    There has never been a winner who hasn't fallen, there's never been a loser that got back up.

Dave
    Originally posted by DaveTheSane
    It's always been kind of ackward to use the tab key on the stowaway keyboard. The only way I know to tab is to hit the function key and tab.

But that doesn't seem to work with WordSmith.

Is there a trick to using tab? I seem to remember somebody somewhere in this threat commenting that the conduit to wordsmith converted the tabs into 5 spaces instead of a tab.

But can I use the tab key on the stowaway keyboard?

Just curious, despite this rather minor problem I am still enthralled with wordsmith.

Thanks
    D-

The tab key should definitely work - if yours isn't you may want to make sure you have the latest version of the keyboard driver.

That said, however, WS currently converts tabs to spaces. Proper tab handling is a bit hairy to implement, though we hope to have it in 1.1.

Alexander
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast