Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko
    QNelson, how did you get the developer to give you the upgrade? I wrote to him three times and he's refused so far. I purchased my copy two weeks ago.
    I just emailed him and explained my thoughts about paying for the upgrade after I had just purchased the application little over a month ago. Few hours later I recieved a reply with my new code. Thats all I did. Good Luck
    Quint
  2.    #22  
    QNelson, how did you get the developer to give you the upgrade? I wrote to him three times and he's refused so far. I purchased my copy two weeks ago.
    That's disappointing. I would think at least 30 days would be an industry standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Do applications install files and preferences setting with multiple/different creator ID's?

Examples?
    Before I started using Uninstall Manager, I remember re-installing apps that I had previously deleted and found that the app was still registered. That tells me that, yes, applications do install using multiple creator IDs. The old registration ID was obviously not deleted along with the app.

It has been years now that I've used UM so I can't quote the app names
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Before I started using Uninstall Manager, I remember re-installing apps that I had previously deleted and found that the app was still registered. That tells me that, yes, applications do install using multiple creator IDs. The old registration ID was obviously not deleted along with the app.

It has been years now that I've used UM so I can't quote the app names
    Did you dig into the Saved Prefernces file to see if these records were still there after the application was deleted (by the usual method)? Now, with tools like FileZ and REsco Explorer, it is easier to search for (and delete) these entries in the Saved Prefernces file.

I agree that this is risky (sort of like editing the Registry on Windows PC's!!). UM is a good tool to have and I'll probably spring the $8 or so to upgrade (before Dec 31).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If you already own UM, I see no reason to browse your Saved Preferences file. Never mind editing it. As for upgrading to UM3. I'll wait a bit to decide. Version 2.7 works fine for my needs.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Kindness always wins over... maybe the way you requested it?

I have to say after my original ranting earlier in the post I've changed my position on this whole thing. I have exchanged a number of emails with (who I beleive to be) Northglide's owner/originator (not Alon) and throughout my conversation with him I have changed my position. First off no a new code was not sent to me to appease me, I'm still a 2.79 registered user. Some things I did not know or understand were that previous versions of UM all the back to the OS4 hack were always allowed at a free upgrade since April 0f 02. This was the first time an upgrade fee was required.

(note these are my words/opinions not that of Northglide)
    Some things I neglected to think about when I was irritated were if constant upgrades were always going to be free what incentive does the developer have to improve upon his product? What would everyones opinion of this upgrade be if it had been named Unistall Manager Pro V1? If this was named a completely new product I think hardly anyone would have raised much of an eyebrow. While many developers do offer lifetime free upgrades how many of them offer frequent improvements? For example I have a Datebk owner since version 3 on my Palm IIIxe, I recieved the upgrade to V4 and V5 free, both major improvements on the product. With all these free upgrades when was the last time this product was actually upgraded (not small patches mind you, he's always ben good with those)

I want to apologize for my original vent, sometimes we expect so much and forget many of these palm developers are a single guy or a duo running them out of someones home office...

TS
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    First impression: The GUI is very confuse and quiet ugly. You're obliged to use the stylus, wich is not the case with the 2.79 version.
    Conclusion: Just tested this new version and came back to 2.79 !!!

Lack of 5 way support on the delete function is very annoying... However, after trying out the new ver, I decided to upgrade for the following reasons:

1) I like the "save to sandbox" feature. Before, if you left the sandbox, there was no way no way of reactivating it. Now you can and still enable it for a longer period of time if you want to test out an app more than just a few minutes! Very cool!

2) Greater integration with OneBackup and Cleanup. This is nice especially if you have the neatfreak pack

3) Seems faster, especially with the monitored mode which seemed almost useless in earlier ver from me b/c of slowness

4) Record feature is great! This is really useful if you often install apps from teh card instead of hotsync or BT etc. I do thsi often when I download to the card via web when I don't have access to my pc...

Thus for these reasons, I think it was worth it...but of course ymmv...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Lack of 5 way support on the delete function is very annoying... However, after trying out the new ver, I decided to upgrade for the following reasons:

1) I like the "save to sandbox" feature. Before, if you left the sandbox, there was no way no way of reactivating it. Now you can and still enable it for a longer period of time if you want to test out an app more than just a few minutes! Very cool!

4) Record feature is great! This is really useful if you often install apps from teh card instead of hotsync or BT etc. I do thsi often when I download to the card via web when I don't have access to my pc...
    I don't see where the lack of 5 way support exists...when I move around with my d-pad everything moves as it should(I reinstalled V3 to reconfirm this BTW). What happens when you move the d-pad around nothing on the screen happens at all?

I agree 1 and 4 are great features, I'm still torn if I'll upgrade as they are nice to haves for sure. #4 is especially nice since I like to do BT file transfers to save the slow BT sync time...

TS
    So I installed this suggested app before moving onto installing more apps...One thing is after saving an app to sandbox how do I remove it from sandbox or out of isolation? Also if I choose to save an app to sandbox will I still get an app icon on my apps page.
    So I deleted my first app AVANTOGO with unistall manager ...question..... it opened up a couple of pop up windows that said these files may belong to adobe and mobile link..???? I thought I put the app in Sandbox???
    One question if I may without starting another thread....When you install an app inside SANDBOX and you play with that app for a little while and want to keep it inside SANDBOX for future playing to see if I really want it, what setting do you clik MOVE or QUIT SANDBOX?
    I have never messed with the Sandbox concept. Sorry.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    One question if I may without starting another thread....When you install an app inside SANDBOX and you play with that app for a little while and want to keep it inside SANDBOX for future playing to see if I really want it, what setting do you clik MOVE or QUIT SANDBOX?
    From the Sandbox Quick Start Guide: Choose Quit Sandbox if you want to keep the application on your device, Delete the application and files from your device or Move all files in the Sandbox to the expansion card allowing you to keep the application in a protected Sandbox until you are ready to test it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    From the Sandbox Quick Start Guide: Choose Quit Sandbox if you want to keep the application on your device, Delete the application and files from your device or Move all files in the Sandbox to the expansion card allowing you to keep the application in a protected Sandbox until you are ready to test it again.

Thanks ...That one had me a little puzzled. I take it when you launch the app again it will give you the option to QUIT in turn keeping it on your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5L
    Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Can someone email me 2.79. I had only 2.70
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    download at www.mytreo.net
    FYI, I was unable to find 2.79 at www.mytreo.net

I could only find 3.3
    Uninstall Manager is now at version 3.05, not sure about latest version of Cleanup. Tip: If you want to upgrade, e-mail Northglide directly, as for some reason if you upgrade via the Webiste, they send you the wrong file.

Not wanting to wait, I installed the latest version of UM (via Northglide Website) over my old one and my reg code doesn't work. (The upgrade itself sure looks clean and professional!) So I e-mailed Northglide again (I have all my good e-mails saved for just that purpose) and they e-mailed me the correct file. Haven't touched it yet. Will later tonight.

I missed the 11/05 upgrade price of $6 or so. Not happy with paying $11 now. Maybe I'll send a nice e-mail to the developer and see what happens. Good news, is I have the original purchase date (less than a year) of this Neat freak pack. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 06/13/2006 at 12:47 PM. Reason: grammar
    good, thanks!!! I will buy it asap!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12