Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I display all my pictures ok without reset. I am currently testing this with my Treo 600. I will try it with the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    What's the deal with "erase"? Does that mean normally when I just delete a file with Zlauncher or whatever I don't get back that space? Is there a way to "recover" lost space on the card and the treo so I have more space?
    I bet Erase ends up writing 0000 or some such character over the clusters used by the file. So that you cannot recover the data using an Undelete type of utility.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Good call... I didn't notice that this recently became freeware!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Looks like a promising app that still needs some polish. Maxy, thanks for the info on the manual. Medicwill, do you have Java installed? I, too, own Resco Explorer, and I've been very happy with it. Always nice to have some competition, though, as it helps to improve products over time.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    No java, should I have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I bet Erase ends up writing 0000 or some such character over the clusters used by the file. So that you cannot recover the data using an Undelete type of utility.
    Are there good (free) undelete utilities for the Treo?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    There are a number of useful Java apps out there, but you need to install the Java VM to run them. Because the Java VM is installed, the Java apps are relatively small. It won't help for web sites that use Java, though.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    imho i dont see a real need for java, it's a real memory hog and i personally didnt use it that frequently when it was installed on my phone,but you'll have those on the "other side of the fence" that would disagree because of apps like kmaps and opera mini, all that i can live without.
    I myself can't stand the weird interface, and it also crashes for me when viewing JPG files (kept my saved preferences, though - whew), but it is free and views txt files and works with ZIP files.

That's pretty much all I need it for.

Good catch.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Just so you guys know. If you are using the scheduled backups, remember to turn off your keyguard because the keyguard wont allow the backup to happen in the background.

On that note, are there any apps that turn off and on the keyguard at certain times? Hopefully freeware, im guessing ProfileCare probably does it, but software isnt cheap.
    If you guys are using Butler and have its alternate keyguard enabled, UniCMD can still do automatic backups.
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose phone reboots (755p). I guess I'll just have to use it for its features other than image-viewing.

Thanks a bunch for the tips, folks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12