Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I just downloaded KMaps 1.6. I have Tom Tom, but I like the interface of Kmaps just for browsing the map of the surrounding area. The only problem is like half to 3/4 of the map is cut off, sure I can navigate the map with the 5 way or the stylus, but occasionally it reverts back to the same problems in other parts of the map.

Any ideas?
    This is normal. KMap uses Google map tiles. If you move outside the current tile, it will load the tile for that area. It saves the loaded tiles so you can move back to them later. You can adjust the number of tiles it loads in the KMaps settings.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ok, so I tried to go into settings and it wouldn't do anything. No options or anything...??
    I haven't downloaded ver 1.65 yet but this is how settings work for me. In KMaps, press the Treo menu button, Select Help & Settings. The first item is Store maps on..., followed by EMail address & Password. If you scroll down toward the bottom of settings you should see slide bars to select Number of Horizontal Tiles and Number of Vertical tiles. Theses are followed by a bar to select Default Google Maps Zoom. Adjusting these changes the size of map area that is downloaded during each map request.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 11/28/2005 at 01:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I must have done something wrong, because when I try and select settings, it doesn't give me an option for anything, ie:won't open any sub menus. Maybe I will uninstall and reinstall.

///////////////////////////////////////Update//////////////////////////////////////////
    Ok, I figured it out, I installed the other 2 files to the SD Card along with the KMaps.prc. Installed them to ram and now I can adjust the settings. I like it the default way better, now I see why it only loads a couple tiles.

Thanks for the help...
    Last edited by WTF; 11/28/2005 at 05:29 PM.