Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Sup,

Just ordered my treo 650 and probably will be here around next week. But I have to buy a SD card separately. I've ckecked the Palm card which costs a big load. Any other that you recommend with a good deal I saw a Kingston 1GB SD card for about $60 dollars on Newegg; is that good???
    That's a good price. Also check pricegrabber for a bunch of prices, but $60 is pretty good. Is that the Kingston ELITE PRO 1GB SD card?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Yea, Kingston ELITE 1GB is what I am talking about. Is that the right kind tha t I should get for treo 650???Because I've seen many other kinds of SD cards.
    That should work, no problem. I have a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB but the Kingston should be equal.
    SanDisk is always the most expensive, but is it always the best? I would like to try Kingston too because it's cheaper for the same speed and memory.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If there is any difference between the two, I doubt the Treo can take advantage of it or make it something you can notice.
    I would get an ultra II plus, little more money but it folds in half and can be inserted straight into a USB port, no wires, no adapters, no hassle
    Here are my two cents. I recommend getting a card with a fast transfer rate. I've had a variety of cards in my various Palm products over the years. I've always been very happy when I've gotten fast cards rather than slow ones. Now, I'm not doing advanced rocket science on my Palm, but when I'm in front of a patient or with a student doctor in my office and I'm looking up information in various textbooks and databases, I hate the uncomfortable silent pause of slow data searching/transferring, and I like info popping up quickly. Maybe all cards move info much faster than when I had slow cards, but I recently had to use an older 256 mb card when my 1 gb went missing and I was waiting for my new one to arrive. It was noticeably slower.
    -- Josh
    I would make the same choice, kaljer.

Another consideration: The manual to my Treo 650 advises to make sure the "SD" logo is on the card or Palm will not be responsible for any problems. The brand name of the manufacturer doesn't have to be SanDisk, but as long as it has the SD logo, you'll be fine.

Still, if you want a 1GB card, I would go with the combination SD/USB card which is more expensive but much more flexible and only SanDisk makes it. I haven't yet purchased it for budget purposes, but as soon as I am able to I will. I've been making do with a 128MB SanDisk SD card, but even that is too little.
    Check out ecost and buy.com

Earlier this week they had a Kingston Elite 1GB SD card for under $40 with rebates.

Good luck!
    SanDisc 1Gb card $39 at Staples.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayman1
    SanDisc 1Gb card $39 at Staples.
    i cant find it at staples for that price. link please
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Do they make the Sandisk Ultra Plus in a 2GB size?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    sorry, I posted the wrong link. THis is the right link: http://www.buy.com/prod/SanDisk_Ultr.../10384383.html
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    Here are my two cents. I recommend getting a card with a fast transfer rate. I've had a variety of cards in my various Palm products over the years. I've always been very happy when I've gotten fast cards rather than slow ones. Now, I'm not doing advanced rocket science on my Palm, but when I'm in front of a patient or with a student doctor in my office and I'm looking up information in various textbooks and databases, I hate the uncomfortable silent pause of slow data searching/transferring, and I like info popping up quickly. Maybe all cards move info much faster than when I had slow cards, but I recently had to use an older 256 mb card when my 1 gb went missing and I was waiting for my new one to arrive. It was noticeably slower.
    -- Josh
    But does the brand matter? Kingston high speed cards can be found for less than SanDisk high speed.

Kingston got good reviews on buy.com I think I will try that brand. Although I'm sure SanDisk is still no. 1 choice.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/27/2005 at 11:14 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!