Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i let my friend borrow my Treo 650 and I said he could borrow it until my battery died. But being the ***** my friend is, he took he normal regualr charger and plugged it into the head phone jack and completely removed it. Now on calls I cant exactly hear people. Sometimes they're voices come thru but i have to keep toggling between the head set and speaker until i can. Which can take up to 2 mintues. It's a pain and completely annoying. Do you know of any way to fix this. Maybe to bypass the head phone jack?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I haven't had that problem but did you try resetting the device?
    If not, try a soft, warm and hard reset in sequence only if one doesn't fix it.
    Read your manual for instructions and the impact on these before you do.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  3.    #3  
    I have. I hard reseted and warm reseted aswell. I have even updated to the newest row as well
    If he jammed the charger into the headset port (which if I'm reading your post correctly sounds like what he did) he probably damged the device to the point where it can't tell if there's a headset plugged in or not.

The only thing I would suggest trying is plugging in a regular headset. Make a few calls, open some apps and then remove the headset. See if that gets the Treo back into recognizing there's no headset plugged in.

If not you'll probably need to send it in to have the headset port repaired.
  5.    #5  
    Yes he did but the jack is removed as well... I have no idea how or what he did. It seems like yes it cannot tell if the jack is plugged in or not
    What do you mean the "jack is removed as well"?
  7.    #7  
    he like took all of where the green part is and took it out off the casing,
    It sounds pretty clear that your device needs to be sent in for repair.
  9.    #9  
    yabut I have no money or warrenty. I'm think to maybe take it apart and then put the wires together or what ever. Does anyone know where I can find a guide on taking it apart?
    Yes he did but the jack is removed as well... I have no idea how or what he did. It seems like yes it cannot tell if the jack is plugged in or not
    Are you by chance confusing plug for jack? The jack is the female connector on the bottom of the Treo. The plug is on the end of the headset.

Did he actually yank out the jack? If so, obviously you have serious damage.

If he damaged the jack--with it still in place--you might need to send it in for repair. If you have a good magnifying light, and are able to see into the jack, you might be able to use a pin or something to at least prevent the jack from thinking a headset is plugged in. You might not be able to "fix" the jack, but you might be able to get the Treo to at least be usable with its handset speaker.

--
    Mike
    Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the dumb things people do (or let other people do to their stuff..)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the dumb things people do (or let other people do to their stuff..)

Ya but it kinda sux complete @$$ as well.

And Tinman! I think he completely ripped out the jack. That green thing in the bottom of the phone is missing. I was thinking of maybe replacing it on my own. But how would i go about "fixing it" the way you mentioned?
    What green thing on the bottom of the phone?
  14.    #14  
    Well the inside of the phone jack on my phone was green. I have a Cingular Treo that i converted to Unlocked.
    And Tinman! I think he completely ripped out the jack. That green thing in the bottom of the phone is missing. I was thinking of maybe replacing it on my own. But how would i go about "fixing it" the way you mentioned?
    First off, unless I'm color-blind, my jack isn't green. Did he slime the thing too?

Seriously, you will need to take it apart to fix it. If you are not comfortable with this, you might end up doing more harm than good. Plus, I have no idea if anything else was affected by ripping out the jack. If nothing else--assuming you know what you are doing--you should be able to at least open it up and disable the jack (obviously something is shorting out in there or vice versa).

OTOH, your friend did it; let him pay for it to be fixed. It was your friend that did it, right?

--
    Mike
    Maybe you should take some pictures of it.

Make your friend pay for it...Friend or no friend, he should take responsibility or he wouldn't be a friend at all.
    Oh yea, do you have the--now detached--jack? If so, can you post a pic of it--and the hole where the jack was (use macro mode on the camera)?

--
    Mike
  18.    #18  
    No he wont pay for it he's an ***. I let him borrow my phone he screwed up end of relationship. But he didnt give me the jack he threw it away. I was gunna see if i could reatch it.

Not Tinman! nothing else was affected when he did this. Apartantly he shoved his charger in thier and then it wouldnt come out so he decided instead of ruining his $5 charger he would ruin my $300 phone.

So how would I go about taking it apart and disabling the jack. Is their somewhere I can get a tut. Or do I just guess it out?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    There's a guy on this board whose dog chew up his phone. Maybe you can take apart your 650 and purchase his for parts. See this.

You can also check out some of the PDA parts online stores for replacement parts but I don't think you will get the jack by itself. Check out PerformancePDA and PDAParts.

For repair instructions, these are not specific but should help:
    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=RD
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84979

Let us know what you decide.
    If you decide to take it apart, please post some pics...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  20.    #20  
    Ill probably end up taking it apart and then maybe trying to replace the jack with a standard head phone jack in stead on the normal one but I think that might cause some compatabilit problems. Like I said I have no available money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast