Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks for all your testing/help/suggestions! SharkMsg v1.4 has been released. It includes support for Auto SMS and some other fun stuff, including a major logic rewrite. If you're interested, the link is: http://www.ludustech.com/sharkmsg/

best regards, tyler
    Hi,
    v1.3 was working great for me, but 1.4 does not seem to function.

When I select AUTO, i get a response "false"
    when I select manual, I am unable to select the "send" button.

EDIT
    I got auto to work by selecting all phones (in options), even though the test phone was a cellphone. I still get the message "false" before it sends the sms.
    Last edited by digitalfx; 11/27/2005 at 01:01 AM.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    hey tyler, nice work. i have found that when using version 1.4 set to auto and mobile # i get a message sayin false and no message is sent. if it is set to auto and all phone #s, i get the same message, but the message is sent anyway. with the new auto feature this really only saves people the trouble of selecting which message to send. i thought this feature would be more like set to auto and message is sent without any buttons being pushed. maybe this would be a better way (IMO) for now i will stick with 1.3.

Thanks for the great product
    i also posted at your forum
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I deleted ver 1.3...could you please post it here
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  5.    #5  
    hi! sorry, that False was a debug message and I've removed it. can i ask you a question: does the mobile number in the contacts have a 1 in front of it or not?

ver 1.3: http://www.ludustech.com/files/SharkMsg13.zip

regards, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy717
    hi! sorry, that False was a debug message and I've removed it.
    Tyler, is 1.4 now good-to-go? Is the version number the same with the debug message gone or is it 1.41 or something?

Thanks for a great app.
    no "1"

just area code and number

Thanks!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  8.    #8  
    Hey MarkY! Yep, it should be all set. I didn't change the version # since it was a silly error on my part.

digitalfx- okay, i will look into that. i thought i had it taken care of, but maybe not.

regards, tyler
    no good - when I auto send sms, it gives me "file sharing error". This is with mobile #'s checked.

Also, is it possible to auto sms AFTER a missed call is found on the treo? I see the send sms button next to call back when a call is missed. Thanks!

Thanks for the program...its great! (v1.3)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  10.    #10  
    hello! you got a sharing violation error? was this the first time you had tried to ignore a call with Auto?

regarding sending an sms after a missed call is found... i suppose this is possible and i could add it in as an option, but what's the difference between sending it when the system figures out it's a missed call and sending it when the call is missed, as auto SMS does?

regards, tyler
    Most awesome app. One question - does the Auto SMS function in 1.4 work on its own, without user intervention? Meaning - my phone sits there, call comes in, I do nothing, Missed Call shows, and the Auto SMS is sent? With me having to do nothing?

if that's how it works, that's awesome. I can have a 'I'm in a meeting' SMS just fly out on its own, and I can pretend to be engaged in the meeting, without having to take out my device. Let me know, either Tyler or anyone else who knows this. Thanks.
    Another question about v1.4: when using the mobile #s only option, does SharkMsg only send an SMS to mobile numbers listed in contacts or will it detect other mobile numbers as well?
  13.    #13  
    nrosser- it should do that on CDMA but not on GSM (i will add that for the bug fix v1.41 release)

acoustic- only if it's mobile in your contacts.

cheers, tyler!
    I'm using a gsm treo. All numbers work well with auto while if I choose mobile number only, no sms is sent after rejecting a call. Calling party's mobile number starts with +6

For all numbers , will Sharkmsg send the chosen auto reply to all numbers in the contact or to the number that was rejected ? So all means that it will send a reply without regard whether its a landline or mobile number ?

I'm looking forward to using 1.41 in my Treo GSM. Having features work without user intervention truly makes the Treo smart. You have my vote : )
    Tyler, I've got a few more questions/requests about v1.4:

1. The current AutoSMS function does not work for me when I select mobile#s only [my phone numbers are in the following format: (xxx) xxx-xxxx]. Is it because of the parentheses? Can you allow some variability in the algorithm to allow for such minor differences, as many of us may have variations on the xxx-xxx-xxxx theme.

2. Please provide some feedback after AutoSMS that a message has been sent. I currently don't see any.

3. Thanks for including caller ID in this latest version. However, I still like the smaller buttons that someone else posted--it's easier to work with the Treo's native phone number and caller ID (larger font, visually familiar). Please make the buttons on the pop-up smaller and you can get rid of the caller ID.

4. Please allow for an option to toggle the number of rings after which AutoSMS kicks in (from zero on up). This would make the AutoSMS feature much more useful.

5. Is there anyway to detect all incoming mobile calls and not just the numbers listed in your address book?

6. Any word on an icon?

Thanks for the great app and your responsiveness.
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 11/27/2005 at 10:01 PM.
    hello! you got a sharing violation error? was this the first time you had tried to ignore a call with Auto?

regarding sending an sms after a missed call is found... i suppose this is possible and i could add it in as an option, but what's the difference between sending it when the system figures out it's a missed call and sending it when the call is missed, as auto SMS does?

regards, tyler
    One benefit would be the pre formatted text.
    i am using a sprnt treo 650, sharkmsg works great when i have it set to auto and all #s. when i ignore a call i get a popup sayin sending sms , if i dont hit ignore a just let the phone ring the sms i have set is sent automatically, without me hitting any buttons But when i have it set to mobile #s the auto send feature doesnt work at all, if i hit ignore no message is sent, if i just let the phone ring until it goes to voice mail no message is sent.

in manual everything works fine

for now i will just leave the auto option to all #s

almost there, keep up the great work

i also posted at your forum
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18.    #18  
    hey! thanks very much to all of you for this wonderful feedback. SharkMsg wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is now without you

>1. The current AutoSMS function does not work for me when I select mobile#s only [my phone numbers are in the following format: (xxx) xxx-xxxx]. Is it because of the >parentheses? Can you allow some variability in the algorithm to allow for such minor differences, as many of us may have variations on the xxx-xxx-xxxx theme.<

Yeah. about that... would you mind posting a few samples of the formats you have numbers stored in. i have to deal with parentheses, spaces, dashes, and +s so far.

>2. Please provide some feedback after AutoSMS that a message has been sent. I currently don't see any.<

In v1.5 it will add the sent message to the Sent Messages box of the Messaging app

>3. Thanks for including caller ID in this latest version. However, I still like the smaller buttons that someone else posted--it's easier to work with the Treo's native phone number and caller ID (larger font, visually familiar). Please make the buttons on the pop-up smaller and you can get rid of the caller ID.<

Not a problem. I keep tweaking that dialog and will continue to do so until we get it just right.

>4. Please allow for an option to toggle the number of rings after which AutoSMS kicks in (from zero on up). This would make the AutoSMS feature much more useful.<

Okay. I gues this would involve use of a timer, because afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $notify$ $sent$ $by$ $the$ $system$ $when$ $a$ $ring$ $occurs$.

>5. Is there anyway to detect all incoming mobile calls and not just the numbers listed in your address book?<

Unless your area has a distinct area code for mobile numbers i don't think there is.

>6. Any word on an icon?

hehe, well, you see I'm sorta hoping that there are some artists in the SharkMsg user community. so far nothing has surfaced yet. but i'm hoping...

>Thanks for the great app and your responsiveness.

No, thank you for this question list and your help! SharkMsg is, and i've said this before, the most fun i've had coding in a while!

cheers, tyler
    AutoSMS for all numbers initially works. After a reset, it doesn't anymore. I had to use uninstall manager to remove the dbs and start over again. Once I get autosms working again, it then fails to work after a soft reset. Hope it will be addressed in 1.5

The bug with Ptunes is still there.

Thanks for this app, will help trouble shoot as much as possible.

regards, tyler
    to your first question-yes

second question - no I mean send the sms with the defined "busy" sentence already implemented - the way it is now, you get sent to the sms messaging screen and manually enter the message to send. Can this be automated?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast