Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Still no icon? Can you add one? Let's say a Shark with eating an envelope or something like that?

Thanks,

Al
    hi! would you mind sending me over your log file? (Menu->Log). also, any other details surrounding the incident would be very much appreciated!

thanks! regards, tyler
    when i hit export in the log file i get (Error 5: Invalid parameter)

When in auto mode i just let the phone ring until voicemail picks up then i get a on screen message (sending sms) message is sent and recieved. after the message has been sent, the keyguard comes up (not the normal on that says , press center button to unlock) saying keyguard locking keyboard and touchscreen. i cant do anything until this dissappears (10sec or so) then all is fine. no real harm done (that i see) just weird that the keyguard displays this message (it looks like the normal keyguard with a different message)

Hope this clears things up a bit
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy717
    It's ready to go folks! http://ludustech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35

v1.45 has a lot of great new stuff under the hood for dealing with AutoSMS. As I mention in the post, it sets the foundation for future improvements and really awesome features, but doesn't add too much itself. Thanks again for your support! I've said it before, but SharkMsg is definitely the most fun i've ever had programming

cheers, tyler
    When using autosms, I get an "Error sending sms" message. All of my auto sms end up with that. Mobile numbers starting with + are disregarded when mobile number is selected in the auto sms prefs. If all #s is selected, there is no problem with mobile numbers begining with +.

In the meantime, I'll be using manual while waiting for Tyler to figure out what's wrong with autosms. Do let me know if you need the log.
    MFB are you able to export your log?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    MFB are you able to export your log?

Nope, getting error 5: Invalid Parameter
    when i hit export in the log file i get (Error 5: Invalid parameter)

When in auto mode i just let the phone ring until voicemail picks up then i get a on screen message (sending sms) message is sent and recieved. after the message has been sent, the keyguard comes up (not the normal on that says , press center button to unlock) saying keyguard locking keyboard and touchscreen. i cant do anything until this dissappears (10sec or so) then all is fine. no real harm done (that i see) just weird that the keyguard displays this message (it looks like the normal keyguard with a different message)

Hope this clears things up a bit
    Same here Are you seeing this other behavior? look at your keyguard after the message has been sent in auto mode.

or cant you use auto mode at all?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7.    #47  
    Very sorry about that guys! The + problem and the Log problem should both now be fixed

http://www.ludustech.com/download.ph...s/SharkMsg.zip

[same link as before]

please tell me what happens! best regards, tyler
    Same here Are you seeing this other behavior? look at your keyguard after the message has been sent in auto mode.

or cant you use auto mode at all?
    Franko I am not sure the keyguard is misbehaving. Mine doesn't auto lock, but I use it occasionally. When I hit opt then power to lock them, this is the message that I see "locking keyboard and touchscreen".
    Wow both of the issues I posted earlier have been resolved.
    :-D

Thanks Tyler!

Any chance you can have an integration with Jeff Gibson's Profile Care? It would be handy to have particular auto reply messages at specific times of the day. If not, can you incorporate that to SharkMsg instead ?
    Very sorry about that guys! The + problem and the Log problem should both now be fixed

http://www.ludustech.com/download.ph...s/SharkMsg.zip

[same link as before]

please tell me what happens! best regards, tyler
    On sprint im still getting error 5: Invalid Parameter when try to export the log

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  11.    #51  
    MFB: Excellent! yes, i will be adding support for individual times/contacts in either v1.6 or v1.7. I will also contact Jeff about integration.

Franko
    are you sure the new version is installed? maybe try deleting the SharkMsg that's currently on your Palm and installing the new one to make sure. ALso, do you have an SD card in there?

cheers, tyler
    sorry i had to refresh my browser, i have the updated version
    everything working fine now. my keyguard still has that message though. when i send a sms message with no sharkmsg installed there is a slight pause and i cant do anything until the message is sent, maybe since sharkmsg sends the sms not from the messaging screen this is the reason why this scren appears. something already in the treo ( just a thought)

and thanks for the quick replies

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  13.    #53  
    Hey Franko! No problem, being in NYC at this time it's a better alternative to stay in (and therefore near the computer) than try to brave the freezing temps and transit strike conditions. :-D

I'm really not sure i understand the problem. This happens even when SharkMsg isn't installed? Also, is there any more info you can provide, and possibly even a log?

thanks very much! cheers, tyler

ps: oh and by the way, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!
    Happy Holidays Tyler! Thanks for SharkMsg being freeware. It's kinda like your christmas gift to us Treo Nuts. : )

Question regarding autosms:

1) If I set it to mobile # and I get a call from a mobile number not in my address book, will autosms work?
    2) If the contact in my address book have his mobile number categorized as work and not mobile, will auto sms work?

In view of the above, I have set autosms to all #s but run the risk of sending out sms even to landline numbers that currently do not support sms.
  15.    #55  
    hi MFB!

Unfortunately there's no accurate way to detect if a number is mobile or not unless it's in your contacts. Sure, it can be done by area code in NYC and other places (646, 917 are NY cell phone area codes), but in most places the cells use the same prefix.

Does that make sense? I may have missed some detection method.

cheers, tyler
    Hey Franko! No problem, being in NYC at this time it's a better alternative to stay in (and therefore near the computer) than try to brave the freezing temps and transit strike conditions. :-D

I'm really not sure i understand the problem. This happens even when SharkMsg isn't installed? Also, is there any more info you can provide, and possibly even a log?

thanks very much! cheers, tyler

ps: oh and by the way, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!
    no this doesnt happen when SM isnt installed. when not installed my keyguard says Keyguard press center button to unlock but when i send a auto sms it says Keyguard locking buttons and touchscreen.

its no problem i just wondered

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    This is probably a bug. I use manual mode. If someone calls me and hangs up before I answer the shark screen pops up and my phone keeps ringing until I hit don't send. If this has been mentioned...sorry.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    My phone also keeps ringing.

Can the following be considered for the next version: In manual mode the screen pops up even if it is NOT a mobile number. Can the option to only pop up when a mobile number is calling be added? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    This is probably a bug. I use manual mode. If someone calls me and hangs up before I answer the shark screen pops up and my phone keeps ringing until I hit don't send. If this has been mentioned...sorry.
    the phone only rings for a little while then stops. as if it was going to voicemail. let it keep ringing and see if it stops without hitting send or dont send

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have this problem: I have Mobile #s selected for Auto SMS. When I receive a call from a mobile# it sends the selected message and when I receive a call from a landline that shows Caller ID it does not send an sms (as expected). But here's the problem: if I receive a call from a Blocked/No caller Id number, it attempts to send a message and then I get the following error message "Error sending SMS."
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast