1.    #1  
    I upgraded this morning to Cingular v1.17 Firmware. I thought everything was fine until later in the day when I tried using Voice Dial to place a call. I have two issues that I'm hoping someone else may have also run into (and has a solution for) :

1) If I hold down the side button, VoiceDial is not launching. I've even gone into Preferences/Personal/Buttons and "Press + Hold Side button" is indeed set for 'Voice Dial'. Although, when I do this absolutely nothing happens.

2) The other issue is that when I launch VoiceDial from the icon I receive the error "Insufficient Memory. Voice Dial requires at least 2MB of dynamic memory". I show 8.84MB available/Free RAM.

Aside from the above, I haven't found any other issues so far.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    try a soft reset then try voicedial again. You need 2mb free of dbCache which is different then free RAM
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Palm says you have to reinstall voicedial after the update: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lar_after.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    Palm says you have to reinstall voicedial after the update: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lar_after.html
    Thanks. I re-installed after the upgrade (twice actually), but still the side button while being held does not work. The same button does work in Real Audio to toggle pause/play so I know it's not a hardware issue. I made sure the button was mapped and if I hold it down nothing happens. Is it working fine for everyone else? That is, if you hold down the side button to bring up the VoiceDial program, is that button responding?

I think re-installing took care of the memory error I was getting (so far anyway) but the side button is still an issue.

TIA
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    I found the problem with the unresponsive side button, it was not related to the upgrade to 1.17 but was instead an application I had installed on my Treo a day prior to the upgrade. The app. would allow recording calls to the SD card and apparently was hard-coded to use the side button. This caused conflicts with VoiceDial. We can mark this as a non-issue for the 1.17 update. So far, the update is working good after removing the Call recording app.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Actually, I have the same issue.....the only two programs that I installed were PTunes and Butler....now, with Butler, I have not programmed the side button to do anything. I can't imagine anything going on with PTunes. So, I did a workaround fix....I assigned a quickkey to the launch of voicedial, and that will be that....I spend WAY too much time fing around with this thing.

GO BRUINS!