1.    #1  
    I would like to upgrade my Cingular-branded, locked Treo 650, now running ROW 1.06/1.23, to the latest ROW version available. I spent the last hour reading through the various postings for upgrades, but I still don't know if I have the right method or even the right files. Is it possible to directly upgrade to the 1.51 FW posted here? If so, how do I upgrade the "software" to the latest version (1.14?). It appears that the ability to go back and forth between Cingular and ROW SW/FW is becoming harder and more complicated-I wish I had a flowchart or matrix of all the possibilities.
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by treofox
    I would like to upgrade my Cingular-branded, locked Treo 650, now running ROW 1.06/1.23, to the latest ROW version available. I spent the last hour reading through the various postings for upgrades, but I still don't know if I have the right method or even the right files. Is it possible to directly upgrade to the 1.51 FW posted here? If so, how do I upgrade the "software" to the latest version (1.14?). It appears that the ability to go back and forth between Cingular and ROW SW/FW is becoming harder and more complicated-I wish I had a flowchart or matrix of all the possibilities.
    Go here and get the PDF file and read through. Its great.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,23394.0.html
  3.    #3  
    Spanky, thanks for the tip. After reading through the material and other TreoCentral postings, it appears that the latest version for ROW phones is: SW-1.14, FW-1.51. Is that correct? If so, I guess I need to upgrade to the 1.14/1.43 combo first, then do the final 1.51 upgrade.
  4.    #4  
    After reading some more, it seems that all conversions to/from ROW and Cingular require loading FW versions 1.21 or 1.23 (the so-called "beta" versions) as they don't check the version of the new FW before overwriting. Can anyone verify this? If that is true, then I gues I can upgrade to almost anything I choose, since I am currently at FW 1.23 ROW (SW 1.06).
    I had to do the 1.15 Cingular upgrade first, because I had the 1.13 ROW and I couldn't do the 1.17 update. After doing those two, my phone is working great.
  6.    #6  
    After much anguish, I decided to go with the direct approach and upgraded directly from ROW 1.06/1.23 to 1.14/1.43, which went without any problems. Then I upgraded to the 1.51 FW, which also installed without incident. I did a hard reset before upgrading the first time, and I updated several of my apps before I did the combined upgrade.
  7.    #7  
    More update news-now my Acura RL show signal strength after the combined update, which is a change from the 1.23 ROW beta.