View Poll Results: Are you freeze free after last updates on GSM 650s (1.43, 1.51 and CNG 1.17)?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am!!!

34 50.00%
  • Yes I am, but I never had one with previous fw.

7 10.29%
  • No I'm not, I had at least one event.

27 39.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You all probably know that this issue annoied me quite a lot!!!
    It seems that it has gone after the leaked 1.43, the younger 1.51 or finally the full CNG 1.17.

Refer to this thread to understand what I mean with FREEZE: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95122

Please post also your actual config (sw & fw) and how long you had been eventually FREEZE FREE:

Waiting for your (I hope) positive votes!!!!!!!
    Last edited by vittogn; 11/26/2005 at 09:36 AM.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    1.13 GSM unlocked since it came out, customized by lovecostarica. Works great. Won't use a ROM until it's like a fine wine... which is OEM release time.
  3.    #4  
    I'm with 1.51 + 1.13ROW customized.
    I'm FREEZE FREE since 3 weeks ago (with 1.43 + 1.13ROW).

My previous FREEZE experience was not frequent but it happened with all my 650s (five!!!) then replaced.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  4. DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    You all probably know that this issue annoied me quite a lot!!!
    Vittogn -
    Give it a rest already!
    You've had >130 posts, almost 90% of them are the about the same thing - "are you freeze free?"
    Move on with your life, before you "annoy the rest of us quite a lot"
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS
    Vittogn -
    Give it a rest already!
    You've had >130 posts, almost 90% of them are the about the same thing - "are you freeze free?"
    First of all I'm sorry to bore you all with what in my opinion is the most critical issue about the object of this forum. An 800$ (in Italy) phone that sometimes can't do what a 50$ one does: answer to an incoming call!!!

I started 9 threads, 3 of them are about freeze you're right. One of these has been quite well apreciated (with a lot of reply and more than 140 votes in the poll) I think, expecially because helped all of us in understanding the cause of the problem.

Am I annoying you all? Nobody oblige you to read my posts? Am I wrong? Then please use the verb to bore, even if my english is quite poor, to annoy has a different meaning.

Move on what? I do not accept this kind of advice from you, so do it with your sons.
    Last edited by vittogn; 11/28/2005 at 07:17 AM.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    I'm still with the 1.28, I decided to go for the new official unlocked GSM one, hope to wait not so long. I'm happy for your unfreezed 1.51, it's a concrete hope for the coming one.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Am I annoying you all? Nobody oblige you to read my posts? Am I wrong? Then please use the verb to bore, even if my english is quite poor, to annoy has a different meaning.

Move on what? I do not accept this kind of advice from you, so do it with your sons.

I started 9 thread

Vittorio,

I LOVE your English! I only wish I could HEAR you too!

Ciao,
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS
    Vittogn -
    Give it a rest already!
    You made an account just to complain about this poster? ...hmmmmm
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    You made an account just to complain about this poster? ...hmmmmm
    Not only to complain...........he read one by one all my posts in order to estimate the percentage of them with the word FREEZE!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    [QUOTE=vittogn]You all probably know that this issue annoied me quite a lot!!![QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Vittogn -
    Give it a rest already!
    Move on with your life, before you "annoy the rest of us quite a lot"[QUOTE]

Its weird how things sometimes set us off.

New 1.17 is freeze and reboot free. Even better, the bluetooth works awesome now. I was getting ready to find a different smartphone because bluetooth was so bad.
    So far, so good. No resets since the update, (about 4 days). I usually have one reset per day, especially using Blazer. I used Blazer quite a bit these past few days and I have been monitoring the dbcache. So far, it seems everything is working well. The cache is being released when exiting applications. Hopefully, it'll stay this way.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cingulartreo
    New 1.17 is freeze and reboot free. Even better, the bluetooth works awesome now. I was getting ready to find a different smartphone because bluetooth was so bad.
    I'm looking around a new smartphone as well...........my hope to solve frreze issue is still hight..........and a FREEZE FREE Treo is what I need: the best smartphone out there at the moment!!!!

Thanks for your feed back.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman54
    So far, so good. No resets since the update, (about 4 days). I usually have one reset per day, especially using Blazer. I used Blazer quite a bit these past few days and I have been monitoring the dbcache. So far, it seems everything is working well. The cache is being released when exiting applications. Hopefully, it'll stay this way.
    Thant's wonderfull!!!!!!!

I've already read in a TomTom thread that the cache managment is better in 1.17.

Ciao.
    Vittore
    I'm looking around a new smartphone as well...........my hope to solve frreze issue is still hight..........and a FREEZE FREE Treo is what I need: the best smartphone out there at the moment!!!!

I wouldn't quite look at a new phone yet. Give it a few more weeks. Like I've mentioned in another thread, if your current Firmware is working without a Freeze, just stick with it. Trust me on this one. Are you using the leaked 1.43, or hacked 1.51?
    Vitt -- I, for one, don't mind your crusade for a freeze-free Treo. I had freeze issues that were prompted by the previous update (my Treo didn't have freeze issues prior to it), and I couldn't stand it. Now, granted, I didn't have the RESET issues that many have had, but the freeze issues were annoying in that I sometimes didn't know they were occurring (and I'd miss many phone calls during them).

So far, so good with this 1.17 update. Now, it's only been since Wednesday that I did the update, and the freezes usually took 6-9 days to appear, but I'm hopeful at this point. Everything else seems so much better/faster with this update, so I'm hoping that they took care of the freeze issues, too.

Thanks!

-Kirk

PS -- I didn't vote in your poll yet 'cause I think it's too early to say...
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    PS -- I didn't vote in your poll yet 'cause I think it's too early to say...
    Agreed. Plus, whenever you write about something good, the Treo somehow senses it and misbehaves.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Need to change my previous vote to freeze free. I was experiencing soft resets after push email from a Notes server. The problem was with Xpressmail, not the update. I had the freeze issue you describe before the update, but not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Agreed. Plus, whenever you write about something good, the Treo somehow senses it and misbehaves.
    LOL! Exactly! Though I'm not normally a superstitious person, I had to knock on wood as I wrote that. (I considered posting under and alias too so that my Treo wouldn't know I wrote it!)

-Kirk
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    I wouldn't quite look at a new phone yet. Give it a few more weeks. Like I've mentioned in another thread, if your current Firmware is working without a Freeze, just stick with it. Trust me on this one. Are you using the leaked 1.43, or hacked 1.51?
    1.51 + 1.13ROW customized. I've been Freeze Free for 2.5 week with 1.43 and now I'm OK with 1.51 since last Friday.

Thanks for your advice, but I hope the incoming unbranded official update will be fine from this point of view..........and then surely I'd like to sole some other issue (that I consider liveble with) like the volume, BT response and cache managment.

Knock on the wood!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for encouraging me (us).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast