View Poll Results: Are you freeze free after last updates on GSM 650s (1.43, 1.51 and CNG 1.17)?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am!!!

34 50.00%
  • Yes I am, but I never had one with previous fw.

7 10.29%
  • No I'm not, I had at least one event.

27 39.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    My treo never froze, but it reset all the time (every several minutes!!!) and the 1.17 CIN update seems to have fixed it.
    Blazer reboots every third or fourth launch under Cingular update (1.17 CNG). Disappointing--because I'm freeze free, and the Treo seems faster now
    Its nice to know that others are having the same good results from the new Cingular 51/1.17 update that I am having. I have even jinxed myself and said good things about the update several times on this forum, and still no freezes or resets. I have been problem free for well over a week now, and I'm not even going to knock on wood after saying that!
    1.17 Freeze free? lol. If so, you're NOT using your phones.

Waive a chicken over my head and burn some incense ‘cause I’m about ready to phone home. Can anyone say cynical?
    I installed FW 1.43 (+ 1.13ROW) on unlocked GSM. I went from having about one freeze a day to being freeze free for about two or three weeks (none! ), but about a week ago I've been getting the freezes again, about twice a day in fact. I don't know what happened or changed
  6. DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfart
    1.17 Freeze free? lol. If so, you're NOT using your phones.

Waive a chicken over my head and burn some incense ‘cause I’m about ready to phone home. Can anyone say cynical?
    Oh yeah, you're a "power user"...
    Do you have a moustache?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS
    Oh yeah, you're a "power user"...
    Do you have a moustache?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by greendrinks
    I installed FW 1.43 (+ 1.13ROW) on unlocked GSM. I went from having about one freeze a day to being freeze free for about two or three weeks (none! ), but about a week ago I've been getting the freezes again, about twice a day in fact. I don't know what happened or changed
    Oh God. I can really understand how disappointed you are.
    All the knowledge I have regarding freeze suggests to me that the problem is a fw related, not hw or third party sw (it happened to a friend of mine with a brand new device befor the first hotsync!!).
    I could understand a freeze after 3 weeks and one more after 3 more weeks or sopmething like that. I can't really figure out why now you have a super frequent FREEZING Treo.

I'm angry and disappointed, 1.43 has been always reported very well from a Freezing point of view.

Now that you have very frequent events, why don't you try what happens with 1.51?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  9.    #29  
    Compared to my previous poll regarding 1.28 results (only 20% of GSM user voted as FREEZE FREE) seem to be better but not 100% as it should be!!

I think that we are in an early stage to judge 1.43, 1.51 and CNG 1.17 because somethimes the first event occurs after 2-3 weeks after the update. There is a possibility that the FREEZE FREE percentage could drop in the future.

Please keep posting (and voting) your experiences.

Thanks to all.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  10.    #30  
    Of couse this is a joke and my hope. Just yo wake you up!!!!!

Is there some one that has to change his vote, both from positive to negative and from negative to positive? After few more days of testing I think that the result could be more real.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Man, I was about to put in my (positive) vote yesterday, having no freezes since installing the 1.51FW.
    Unfortunately, I finally had one today.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    good god :-(

please make sure it's really related to our freeze issue!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Believe me, unfortunately I know it well...
    You know, you press a button and it won't respond.
    you keep pressing
    around 30 seconds later, it responds to the first keypress, but is frozen on that screen...
  14. e40
    I only get freezes when 1) I have bluetooth on, and 2) I'm walking between home and office (3 miles through Oakland, CA). Same with the last 2 firmware releases (Cingular).
  15.    #35  
    Looking to your feed back it seems that also with last release this well known GSM issue hasn't gone.

I've been freeze and crash (allmost) free for 1.5 month since when I installed first 1.43 (and the 1.51 and 1.71).......but it seems that I'm lucky and that the problem has not been sorted out.

PALM, YOU DISAPPOINTED ME THAT MUCH.

I'll start again looking for some Windows Mobile or Symbian smartphone.

I don't know if I'll be confident in the future to buy an other Palm device (700p or Holliwood).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Have you tried getting a replacement unit?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    MBF do you think that for you FREEZE could be caused by faulty hw?

During past months and threads we arrived to a conclusion that it was a fw related issue hardly waiting for official updates (that for GSM ROW has not arrived yet).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    I would also say that it's fw related.
    My Treo works rock solid but also had freezes every week or so.
    Best combination until now was 1.23 ROW with FW 1.71.
    Free from freezes for two weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have not. My unit was also rock solid from July with the 1.04/1.05 loaded on.
    I'm guessing that any replacements would come with either 1.15 or 1.17 preloaded. I know 1.15 has freezing issues, and apparently so does 1.17 now.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    I would also say that it's fw related.
    My Treo works rock solid but also had freezes every week or so.
    Best combination until now was 1.23 ROW with FW 1.71.
    Free from freezes for two weeks now.
    Calico,
    it is absolutely the same for me .....unfortunately other user report that they are not freeze free with 1.71 (or 1.51 or 1.43 or 1.17CNG).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast