Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does the Seido hold any advantage over the Palm cradle as far as reliablility of hot syncing?

I own a Palm cradle and it doesn't sync.

Is it a function of the Treo's connector or the cradle?

Anyone who has both can please comment before I buy the Seido cradle.

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I constantly had problems with the Palm Cradle. both the included palm cradle and the one I bought with the battery charger built in. I've never had a problem with the Seido cradle.
    My name is Moore,
    Roger Moore
    I dont have any personal experience with the Seido cradles, but we do have several people at work that are happy with them (including the inno.dock). The palm cradle seems to be hit or miss.
    Wait, so the Palm branded Treo 650 cradle sync the Treo 650, but charges it?

Also, are there any cradles that work with a Treo 650 with a silicon rubber skin case like JavoEdge's:

http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/prod...nCase_Palm.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Wait, so the Palm branded Treo 650 cradle sync the Treo 650, but charges it?

Also, are there any cradles that work with a Treo 650 with a silicon rubber skin case like JavoEdge's:

http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/prod...nCase_Palm.jsp
    Seidio Innodock is designed to work with Treos in their cases.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=38
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    David -

Any plans for a design change that would let your cradle work with a wider range of cases? MY EB case does not fit right in the Seido cradle.

thanks
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Any plans for an Innodock that gives us a dedicated power port like Palm's instead of having to charge through the USB port ?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Any plans for an Innodock that gives us a dedicated power port like Palm's instead of having to charge through the USB port ?
    Seidio will offer Innodock complet kit that includes

1) Innodock
    2) USB cable
    3) Audio coupler (to used with external speakers)
    4) AC power kit (allows you to charge Treo with wall AC)

If you already have Innodock, then all you need is to get AC power kit

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=81

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio will offer Innodock complet kit that includes

1) Innodock
    2) USB cable
    3) Audio coupler (to used with external speakers)
    4) AC power kit (allows you to charge Treo with wall AC)

If you already have Innodock, then all you need is to get AC power kit

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Bingo! that was what I was looking for, I'll go for the kit. Hey what's the difference between buying all these accessories through Treo Central and Seidio? I would like to just put in ONE big order through ONE site.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but I'd like an affordable cradle just for charging. No USB just an AC adapter. I use my Treo as an alarm clock and charge it every night. It would be nice to just plug it into a cradle instead of plugging in the power cord.
    Why would anyone want that. A major dis-advantage of the Palm dock is that it requires one more source and cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Why would anyone want that. A major dis-advantage of the Palm dock is that it requires one more source and cable.

Because I turn my computer off at night time when I go to bed. How would I charge the phone with the computer off all night. I also don't want to have to keep reaching behind my computer desk to swap out the USB power adapter.

The above is a perfect solution if you want to sync you can sync if you just want to charge your phone over night you can do that without having to keep the computer on a charging adapters...it's perfect for what I need....

Also Twitch the above is what your looking for, it accommodates cases and can be used as a dedicated power source.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I already have the Innodock, but I really don't want to spend another $30+ just for a stand charger. Now an Innodock without all the extras and just a power cord for say $15.00 would be awsome.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Does the Seido hold any advantage over the Palm cradle as far as reliablility of hot syncing?

I own a Palm cradle and it doesn't sync.

Is it a function of the Treo's connector or the cradle?

Anyone who has both can please comment before I buy the Seido cradle.

Thanks!
    A major problem with Palm is that it changes the cable connection with every new product. This unnecessarily increases the system cost of every new product. That would be problem enough if it were the only problem. However, they seem to be running out of good designs. Every cable/connector is a little worse than the last. I hope that with the 650 they are approaching the bottom of the barrel; it is almost unusable.

As a result, I always buy cables and docking stations in the after market. I would not buy or use the Palm product even if it worked.

The 650 connector and Palm cables simply do not work. I have four cables. Three of them are all but useless. One must hold them in to maintain a connection. If you try to put the Treo down, the connection will break.

The only cable that works is the new Seidio with the sync button. Somehow or another they have compensated for a connector that no one else can make work.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    A major problem with Palm is that it changes the cable connection with every new product. This unnecessarily increases the system cost of every new product. That would be problem enough if it were the only problem. However, they seem to be running out of good designs. Every cable/connector is a little worse than the last. I hope that with the 650 they are approaching the bottom of the barrel; it is almost unusable.

As a result, I always buy cables and docking stations in the after market. I would not buy or use the Palm product even if it worked.

The 650 connector and Palm cables simply do not work. I have four cables. Three of them are all but useless. One must hold them in to maintain a connection. If you try to put the Treo down, the connection will break.

The only cable that works is the new Seidio with the sync button. Somehow or another they have compensated for a connector that no one else can make work.
    Hi Whmurray,

Thank you very much for the good words and recognition on the connector improvement. Our engineering group will appreciate it very much.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Do we have an ETA on this desktop kit with the power splitter?
    Do we have an ETA on this desktop kit with the power splitter?
    Today,

Here is the link

If you have any question, please let me know

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Can I ask a slightly more obvious question.. When are you going to make an inno.dock with the battery charger integrated? I don't want to have to buy two devices, if I can get one to do the job. That's why I dumped the seperate pda and phone combo. I would love to see Seidio add a socket to charge a battery to the inno.dock.. Maybe on the bottom or along the back? Any chance of this happening? Or does the USB port not give enough juice?
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Today,

Here is the link

If you have any question, please let me know

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com

OK thanks ....Although I thought it came as a kit... innodock, sync cable and the power splitter..... or do I need to buy it all seperate?
    OK thanks ....Although I thought it came as a kit... innodock, sync cable and the power splitter..... or do I need to buy it all seperate?
    Innodock comes with a USB cable. Th epower splitter is optional.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast