1.    #1  
    I've had my Verizon Treo 650 for about a week that I've been using on Alltel. When I first used it, I loaded Alltel's PRL onto it. Then the other day, I was trying to put an update on it, and the radio part of the Treo will not turn on. The organizer part works great, but as soon as I try and turn on the phone, I get the Verizon screen that says connecting, then the whole unit restarts. I cannot get a hard reset to work, but I did run #*# 377 and got the following error details:

"a reset was caused while running unknown application.

HTCState TelephonyHandler.cpp, Line:365, HCI Interface versions do NOT match-26 instead"

I also have a file management program running to able to see the files on the ROM. I've been working on this for several days now, and I'm all out of ideas. Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do to get the phone part working again? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    i would probably try doing the update again...
    sounds like it didn't complete....
    Which update did you do?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Contact someone at Alltel and get the firmware.. The Alltel Treos are out.. Got any friends that work there? If not, I might be able to get you an Alltel firmware..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pgenneken
    i would probably try doing the update again...
    sounds like it didn't complete....
    Yeah I tried that and almost had it, but the f****** thing locked up on me. Thanks for the suggestion!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Which update did you do?
    The only thing I could find that could work was the Verizon update. I figure if I could get it back to the way it was, the phone portion would at work
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Contact someone at Alltel and get the firmware.. The Alltel Treos are out.. Got any friends that work there? If not, I might be able to get you an Alltel firmware..
    I went there today to try and get them to flash it. First they gave me hell about it because it says Verizon, but I finally talked to someone there that at least knew what they were talking about and he said, we don't have the cable to do it, which I think is total BS. I don't really know anyone at Alltel, but you think you can get a copy of the firmware? That would be awesome!!! Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!!
    Did you do a full ROM and firmware update or just the firmware update? If you did the full update try doing just the firmware update.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Did you do a full ROM and firmware update or just the firmware update? If you did the full update try doing just the firmware update.
    All I could do was a firmware update. It took about 20 minutes to complete. I tried to do a ROM update, but when I open the program on my SD card, all I get is some information about the ROM and this message at the bottom of the screen, "No ROM image directory found. Installing from device." For the life of me I cannot figure out what a "ROM image" is.
    The "ROM image" is the ROM file set that makes up the new ROM you want to install. If the ROM image is not being found then you are doing something wrong. There are a number of threads here that give good clear instructions on how to do the update. Read them carefully, you are probably making a simple mistake that is easy to correct.

If your firmware update takes 20 minutes there is a problem. It should only take about 3 minutes, certainly no more than 5. Did you do a hard reset before doing the update? Hotsync to make sure you are not losing any data and also do a backup if you have the software to do so. Then do a hard reset and retry the update. This will make sure that there is not any lingering after affect from any of your software that could cause a problem for the updater.
    Identical thing happened to me when updating to Cingular 1.17. I spent a few days trying to fix it, but in the end had to exchange it. I know that probably isn't what you want to hear, sorry.