1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Hi guys, I received an extended battery (2200mAh) for my Treo 650 from Seidio.
    The physical size is exactly the same as my original while the capacity is increased. The talk time and the standby time will be increased from 6 hours to 7 hours and 300 hours to 350 hours respectively. That will be great for using as either a replacement for the original one or an extra spare battery for travel use.
    It is also a Lithium-Ion battery, so it will not has the “memory-effect” which means you can recharge the battery at any level anytime without decreasing the capacity of the battery.
    For those who need a replacement or extra one for travel uses, this extended battery from Seidio is a good candidate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm confused, as Seidio's OWN page shows only a "replacement batter," noting 5-6 hours of talk time. I couldn't find this extra capacity battery. Can you post a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I'm confused, as Seidio's OWN page shows only a "replacement batter," noting 5-6 hours of talk time. I couldn't find this extra capacity battery. Can you post a link?
    Hi Pdadoc,

Sorry for the confusion. We will set it up on our site by next Monday. The one on our site now is Palm standard battery (1800 mah).

Seidio plans to offer

1) 2200 mah Battery only
    2) 2200 mah Battery and Innocharger (battery charger) bundle

and attractive prices.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/26/2005 at 11:40 AM.
    I wonder how this compares to the Mugen battery from Li-Ion that i got to review...who made this battery
    The Mugen kicks much azz
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Interesting...if it works out to ~20% increase in battery life that's a nice bonus (using the phone, running goodlink and other stuff all day at work does a pretty good job draining the oem battery)
    Quote Originally Posted by trip
    Hi folks,

Hi guys, I received an extended battery (2200mAh) for my Treo 650 from Seidio...
    Hey Trip

Why is it that virtually all of your 35 posts to date have been about Seidio products? Most of them claim you just received a new Seidio product and you give them all a thumbs up.

You're not shilling for Seidio, are you? Naw, couldn't be...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Hey Trip

Why is it that virtually all of your 35 posts to date have been about Seidio products? Most of them claim you just received a new Seidio product and you give them all a thumbs up.

You're not shilling for Seidio, are you? Naw, couldn't be...
    I think that's been pretty obvious from very early on.
    I really don't take on his opinions but I'm glad to get info on upcoming products...

It's quite a shameful buisness tactic really as David's official Seido posts can (and do IMHO) achieve a more positive impact with his sharing of technical info and customer support feedback. More than a few techno junkies on this site will buy the new stuff to test it out even without the comments of trip or others. Then the rest of us will get useful feedback...

BTW, I don't believe trip is the only one on this board...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I have received two items from David at Seidio with the understanding that I would post feedback on some Treo message boards. Getting these items does not mean that the feedback is influenced. I pride myself on providing honest and accurate feedback on the items that I review.

Side-by-sides comparisons are great, but one user's feedback on a single item is useful too.

thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by swieder; 11/26/2005 at 02:35 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I have received two items from David at Seidio with the understanding that I would post feedback on some Treo message boards. Getting these items does not mean that the feedback is influenced. I pride myself on providing honest and accurate feedback on the items that I review.

Side-by-sides comparisons are great, but one users feedback on a single item it useful too.

thanks
    Scott
    I had made a statement before before but deleted it after swieder posted. David does rock and I did forget about that. And I mean I am the same way with Vaja, so in all honesty I am not any better. My bad

I surely can go for some doubles right now..eKeith meet me a Piacro...bring a gun too please...i dont want to be mugged right off the plane in POS
    Seidio does send the products out to seek the feedbacks from the users' point of view before we officially release the products. All we are looking for are the honest and the contructive feedbacks (good or bad). We feel we are responsible for the products we put out in the marketplace. We want to use these feedbacks to assist us to design and manufacture the best possible products we know how for the Treo user community.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/26/2005 at 10:29 AM.
    David we really do appreciate everything you do for us here at T|C. And I safely say we are honoured to test your products for the everyday user
    Physical size is the same, but answer me this, is the weight the same? I couldn't deal with any more added weight.
    it does add weight of course...but not much to notice a night and day difference...honestly the fact that this extended battery is the same size as the stock and does not require a bigger battery door (like other hardware) is an ultimate plus
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    what will the price be?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ... I surely can go for some doubles right now..eKeith meet me a Piacro...bring a gun too please...i dont want to be mugged right off the plane in POS
    LOL! I'll hook you up with some great doubles when you get here!

But don't worry 'bout the muggers, they're smart enough not to target foreigners, especially with the FBI, DEA and Scotland Yard now here permanently...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    LOL! I'll hook you up with some great doubles when you get here!

But don't worry 'bout the muggers, they're smart enough not to target foreigners, especially with the FBI, DEA and Scotland Yard now here permanently...
    never have i laughed so hard its great that they are there...but dang it put plans into action eh
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    How do I get on the Seidio beta testing list?