Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Generic post, but there are so many on the market, i thought i'd give our fabulous board a go.

Anyone wanna recommend the best one based on:

Price
    Looks
    Performance

What brand and how much? I dont mind buying an older version (new) just as long as it works real real well....

Thanks in advance!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    bump
    1.04-SPNT
    Ike, although I am also from San Francisco, it looks like you're kind of new here. Here's a tip: search function. You cannot possibly imagine how many threads there are on this subject and if you look a little, you will find plenty of information.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by senatorw
    Ike, although I am also from San Francisco, it looks like you're kind of new here. Here's a tip: search function. You cannot possibly imagine how many threads there are on this subject and if you look a little, you will find plenty of information.
    yeah, tried that. basically came up with about 1,000 threads. if i start my own thread, at least it's more managable. in addition, i'd be able to address my own direct concerns and needs. and lastly, i can get current user reviews versus ones that are dated 2001.

and now addressing the real question, think you can recommend a bluetooth headset?
    1.04-SPNT
    Do a search.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Do a search.
    Post something useful.
    1.04-SPNT
    This whole thread is useless because there are so many posts about bluetooth headsets. Just read them.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    This whole thread is useless because there are so many posts about bluetooth headsets. Just read them.
    well, if you keep posting them....
    1.04-SPNT
    ike-

Each BT headset has its pros and cons. I bought about 10 different BT headsets before I finally discovered ones that I liked. Keep in mind that each headset is going to have a different appeal to everyone. My needs for a BT headset are going to differ from yours, so opinions will vary from person to person.

If you are too lazy to do the research yourself, read this article and choose one of these:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/08/eight_bluetooth.html

Another way to ask this question instead of asking a blanket question, is what two or three BT headsets are you most strongly considering and why, and you ask about specific pros and cons of each one.
    I'm a big fan of the Sony HBH-300. I have tried several: the Cardo Scalla 500, the Sony HBH-660 and the Jabra 800. The HBH-300 gives me the highest quality sound from both ends, great battery life, and its as tough as nails. For me, it's a real business tool. The Cardo Scalla wasn't bad, but didn't pick up fast enough, the 660 was good, but the sound quality wasn't as good as I wanted, and it was somewhat uncomfortable to wear all day. The Jabra 800 was a disaster, not really compatable with the Treo 650. The Jabra is the only one that I could not recommend at all. If you like to exercise or ride a bike with your phone available, the Cardo Scalla has excellent electronic noise cancelling. I was able to carry on a conversation with a client while riding a swift clip in the wind. You can find that one for less than 40 bucks. Although I liked the Cardo Scalla, I have found the HBH-300 meets most of my needs best. The bottom line about the HBH-300 is that I can carry on business coversations where ever I am without most callers knowing that I am not in my office or on a cell phone. In the long run, the 300 helps me make more money while I am doing a number of different things.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    I'm a big fan of the Sony HBH-300. I have tried several: the Cardo Scalla 500, the Sony HBH-660 and the Jabra 800. The HBH-300 gives me the highest quality sound from both ends, great battery life, and its as tough as nails. For me, it's a real business tool. The Cardo Scalla wasn't bad, but didn't pick up fast enough, the 660 was good, but the sound quality wasn't as good as I wanted, and it was somewhat uncomfortable to wear all day. The Jabra 800 was a disaster, not really compatable with the Treo 650. The Jabra is the only one that I could not recommend at all. If you like to exercise or ride a bike with your phone available, the Cardo Scalla has excellent electronic noise cancelling. I was able to carry on a conversation with a client while riding a swift clip in the wind. You can find that one for less than 40 bucks. Although I liked the Cardo Scalla, I have found the HBH-300 meets most of my needs best. The bottom line about the HBH-300 is that I can carry on business coversations where ever I am without most callers knowing that I am not in my office or on a cell phone. In the long run, the 300 helps me make more money while I am doing a number of different things.
    Thank you kind sir. Going to CNET them for specs. But thanks for the user opinion. Very helpful. I'm looking for the same criteria as you. Though not trying to hit up spin class and pitch deals, but i need a phone with great performance. THanks again.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have the 850 and got it to pair up, but when I goto use it, the headset doesn't work and the call goes to my phone; it's like they can't find one another or are not paired up.
    Help?
    Plantronics Voyager 510
    I'm thinking about getting the Bluespoon AX2 myself...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000200061723/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My favorite at the moment is the S/E HBH-662.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    James, have you ever had a chance to try a Bluespoon AX2? I'm tempted to buy one but I'm hesitant b/c I haven't seen any reviews of the AX2 with the Treo, only the AX....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    S/E 660= Great sound quality...Volume too low...Fast call transfer...The only one without the stupid blue flashing light.
    Logitech Mobile Pro= Great sound quality...Better volume, but still too low...fast call transfer...Too Bulky
    Cardo Scala= So far, the worst sound quality of the bunch...Poor build quality...decent call transfer...I heard it's loud but I still found the volume to be too Low.
    My current favorite...Drum roll Please.....The Plantronics 510=Good sound quality...not quite up to the S/E standard...but pretty damn close. Loudest of the bunch...by far. Still a little BIG but not as big as the LMP. A little slow on the call transfer, but I can live with that...Still has that stupid blue flashing light.
    I'll be using this one for awhile until something better comes along.
    Cheers
    SC
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 12/03/2005 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Additional info
    I just got a 650 (moved up from 600) and the BT headset is attractive because cordless and the murmuring of jack problems. However, they all seem to be one-eared. Am I naive, or is that the only way you can get BT function or are there binaural versions to give stereo effects?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Plantronis 640 has fantastic form factor. It can be a little statically (word?). I love the fact that it comes w/ a pocket like case that can charge the headset w/ a battery. You can also answer the call from the pocket. It has great range. I was in another room when I answered a call through a wall!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    2006 bump. Got some xmas cash to spend splurge on one. Any more recommendations? Thanks!
    1.04-SPNT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast