Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Palm Treo Headset is very well matched with the Treo and has the advanatge of not requiring you to carry multiple charger around a sit uses same charger as the Treo.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm

You want stereo....look at this. Though like this reviewer I find the sound quality of music off a phone to be unacceptable.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01...ntronics_590a/
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Treonauts reviews BT headsets all the time, look here

http://blog.treonauts.com/

A couple of nice ones reviewed recently
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Jabra JX10 is the best one I've used with my Sprint Treo 650. You can custom fit it by adding a Jabra EarJel or one of those foam thing from your wired headset. With the foam cover on, I've used the JX10 for hours without any discomfort.

Other BT HS I've used and the reasons why I returned them:

-Plantronics Discovery 640: bad charger design (kept falling out), very short range
    -Moto HS850: no auto connect, low volume, don't like the ear hook, no good when used outside walking
    -SE HBH-660: low volume, don't like the ear hook, no good when used outside walking
    I have been using the Tekkeon mini since Christmas. The only thing I can compare it to is the Treo headset which I accidently destroyed. The Treo BT was nice because I live out of a suitcase and liked the charger commonality. I need an in-the-ear type due to noisy airport environments, and tried glueing eargels onto the Treo BT but gor glue in the earpiece - oops. If I had been sucessful, it would have been great. The Tekkeon is a nice headset since it fits in the ear and I can hear better in noisy environments. However, it does not immediately transfer to the headset as quickly as the Treo BT did, and people complain about background noise a lot - as they did on the Treo BT. I like the looks of the Tekkeon, but it does irritate my ear after a while. There are a lot of BT headsets that have come on the market since the above mentioned blog reviews, so I wouldn't rely on such old data. Hopefully some newer tests of the latest headsets will happen soon.
    My new headset from www.theboom.com is not bluetooth, but is BY FAR the best headset I have ever tried. People think I am sitting in my quiet office when I am driving 75 mph with my car full of kids talking.

It is very expensive, so if you have a lot of money to spend, this is the right headset to get.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by trevsdad
    I need an in-the-ear type due to noisy airport environments, and tried glueing eargels onto the Treo BT but gor glue in the earpiece - oops. If I had been sucessful, it would have been great.
    I walked into radio shack and bought a set of jabra ear gels of assorted sizes for my Treo Headset. One of them slid on perfect and in the 9 or so months I have had it, has only slipped off 3 or 4 times when tumbling around in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    My new headset from www.theboom.com is not bluetooth, but is BY FAR the best headset I have ever tried. People think I am sitting in my quiet office when I am driving 75 mph with my car full of kids talking.

It is very expensive, so if you have a lot of money to spend, this is the right headset to get.
    I've been nagging customer service at "the Boom" for months about getting a bluetooth version on the market. Several months ago, they said they'd have one out about now. Someone else sent me an EMail saying that I shouldn't bet the family farm on that, based on his experience with their predicted product release dates. I'm optomistic, based on the quality of their past products, that they will produce a winner, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope they realize that Treos are selling like hotcakes and that there will be a big market if they can come up with "THE" headset.
    SAKoziki, Thanks for your feedback on the HBH-300. I'm gonna' pick one up after work tonight and test it out. I LOVE the fact that the mic is close to your mouth as the biggest problem I have is the person on the other end of the phone not being able to hear me . . .

I'll let everyone know what I think.
    So far, so good!

I LOVE that the mic goes all the way to the mouth. I tried chatting with a couple of people last night and they said that (unlike my awful experience with the Moto HS810) they didn't even know I was on a bluetooth!

The earpiece is kind of awkwardly situatiated aiming at the back of the interior of the ear unfortunately, but that hasn't affected the sound quality (which has thus far been great) from it.

It only took a couple hours to charge (!) which is incredible considering you get 10 hours of talk time out of this puppy. Not enough info yet to comment on the talk time, but once I've depleted it, I'll post my results.
    Tough to beat the new Jabra JX10. Sound in/out is just the best I have heard so far. 10 grams and small. Plays well with the Treo 650. Redial, reject, and even voice dialing (with Voice Call) works.

Not even close to my no longer used S/S HBH-662.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12