Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I am relatively pleased with my backup utility (Backup Man) to my SD card. It has given me the freedom to do a hard reset without second thought if I install an app which results in an endless reset loop, etc. I just upgraded Butler and am intruiged by the remote lock/kill function. The problem is that if I send out a bomb to wipe out my backup drive (SD card), then I need to have a backup of the SD card. I have Card Export which allows me to manually do this, but is there an app that automates the backup of my SD card to my PC.
    http://www.bluenomad.com/bb/prod_bac...y_details.html

BackupBuddy Pro

"Comprehensive backup for PalmOS handhelds and attached memory cards, to your Windows or Mac OS X desktop (the bundled Palm software does NOT do this), (memory card backup in Professional version only)"
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Anyone know if BackupMan has an advance version to do this?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Anyone know if BackupMan has an advance version to do this?
    TIA
    Currently on its latest release v1.54, it does not have the ability to backup your SD Card to your PC.
    Tks ronbo2000

That's the version I'm using. I just thought maybe there was a "plus" version. I was on my Treo when I posted & couldn't check their site.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    You could use a card reader....much faster than card export, but still a manual process.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    You could use a card reader....much faster than card export, but still a manual process.
    That's what I using now. It's an external one and it sucks compared to my buddy's Toshiba laptop that has a internal card reader.

Next laptop will have one as well as bluetooth.

Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    It sucks that it's external (ie something else to carry around) or the speed of it?

My external is very fast, but my friend's, which is much smaller and portable is much slower, but still faster than going through the treo.

I backup to my card every day. I remove and backup my card at least once a week (or whenever I am changing out my music). I also hotsynch 4-5 times a week, so I am not really concerned about losing any data.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  9.    #9  
    I have looked at BackupBuddy Pro. The desktop version and card backup to desktop worked smoothly. The actual backup to card was another issue. There are some reports of recent bugs on this forum. Treo crashed when I attempted to restore. I then kept getting a unlock device message on reset from Butler 3.33. The screen then whited out and there was only a blank line to enter password with no other graphics. I could not get out of this despite attempts at hard resets. Finally, I called my phone, it rang and the whole process stopped. I then restored from my last BackupMan backup.
    I use a external card reader & have a simple Windows briefcase file setup. Put the card in the slot, open briefcase Update all, let it run & close it out. Very simple & nothing extra required to do it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I use Good Sync in combination with Card Export II.
    Once I launch Card Export, Good Sync makes a backup of my SD card to my external backup drive.

PS
    I also use Good Sync to backup/synchronize all of my data on my hard drive with an external hard drive.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  12.    #12  
    Thanks. Already have Card Export so GoodSync looks like a quick and cheap solution.
  13.    #13  
    I have Butler set for alarm twice weekly which launches Card Export II after the alarm is cleared. I have GoodSync set to synchronize my card files with an SD backup folder when "removable device is connected". Hence, if it is in the cradle it syncs once Card Export connects. I have found that the backup is amazingly quick compared to Backup Buddy Pro. Of course, the true test is a restore from the PC backup folder which hasn't been attempted yet but it seems as if the most current files are backed up onto my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog
    Well, I am relatively pleased with my backup utility (Backup Man) to my SD card. It has given me the freedom to do a hard reset without second thought if I install an app which results in an endless reset loop, etc. I just upgraded Butler and am intruiged by the remote lock/kill function. The problem is that if I send out a bomb to wipe out my backup drive (SD card), then I need to have a backup of the SD card. I have Card Export which allows me to manually do this, but is there an app that automates the backup of my SD card to my PC.

I use bluesync for this...works perfectly!

http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/bluesync/

It backs up the entire SD card to the pc on hotsync or whatever settings you indicate. It also makes an archive of all files deleted on the card. This way I can keep an archived set of backup set from backupman after they have been deleted off the card in addition to a copy of the current backup sets. This is very useful and IMO an essential utility for anyone who needs current SD card backup for their pda....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I use Good Sync in combination with Card Export II.
    Once I launch Card Export, Good Sync makes a backup of my SD card to my external backup drive.

PS
    I also use Good Sync to backup/synchronize all of my data on my hard drive with an external hard drive.
    Thanks for the GoodSync tip!
    I have Butler set for alarm twice weekly which launches Card Export II after the alarm is cleared. I have GoodSync set to synchronize my card files with an SD backup folder when "removable device is connected". Hence, if it is in the cradle it syncs once Card Export connects. I have found that the backup is amazingly quick compared to Backup Buddy Pro. Of course, the true test is a restore from the PC backup folder which hasn't been attempted yet but it seems as if the most current files are backed up onto my PC.
    I just thought of using the free AfterSync app to launch Card Export after the hotsync. In this way things work pretty similar to BlueSync - a hotsync plus SD card backup with just the push of the hotsync button. Working quite nicely. Thanks for your idea, which is what made me think of using AfterSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I just thought of using the free AfterSync app to launch Card Export after the hotsync. In this way things work pretty similar to BlueSync - a hotsync plus SD card backup with just the push of the hotsync button. Working quite nicely. Thanks for your idea, which is what made me think of using AfterSync.
    Thanks for the idea. This works quite well.
  18.    #18  
    I have been using Good Sync. I have been backing up my card almost daily since the backups were so quick. I have now exceeded the "free usage" for 30 days. Does anybody know if the counter resets itself and I can resume using the unregistered version again at a reduced backup frequency?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have been using Good Sync. I have been backing up my card almost daily since the backups were so quick. I have now exceeded the "free usage" for 30 days. Does anybody know if the counter resets itself and I can resume using the unregistered version again at a reduced backup frequency?
    I had the same problem. Somewhere on their website it says that free usage can resume after the personal usage levels resume and following some delay, I think was a month or so. I don't know how they calculate personal usage levels but I was disappointed in my usage being calculated as "in excess". However, the software works and doesn't cost much so I just bought it anyway...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    We all know about backing up the internal to the SD using BackUpMan, PC Commander and the like...but does anyone backup the SD card to their HD??
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast