Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weekly, via a card reader.

(An incurable optimist, who is also paranoid about data backup.)

(PC is backed up nightly to an external Seagate harddrive, as well.)

You are only as good, as your last backup!

Cheers, Perry.
    Monthly. I just copy the contents to a directory on my drive and zip it up.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Put me in the monthly camp via a card reader. I picked one up at Best Buy for about $20. the funny thing is it never occured to me to do this until a couple of months ago. (luckly for me I didn't have a need for it before that)
    My advice-do it.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    However, I do not back up my Audio or RN_Audio SD card directories to my harddrive. Those songs are on the hard drive already -- and at 5mb+ per song, I do not need to be taking up space by duplicating them in this manner.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Weekly, via a card reader.

(An incurable optimist, who is also paranoid about data backup.)

(PC is backed up nightly to an external Seagate harddrive, as well.)

You are only as good, as your last backup!

Cheers, Perry.
    Good deal... I thought I was the only one! Since buying Softick it seems a no brainer...

BTW, I backup my Seagate HD to an a Maxtor 300Gb internal data drive and the backups get backed up a Seagate external HD.

I use Beyond Compare 2 to manage all the redundant files...killer app.

BTW, the Docs to Go issue still exists....
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Perry I still can get DtG to work after moving it to the card...it just resets the unit when I try to open a doc...

An ideas?

BTW, the Docs to Go issue still exists....
    Are you using the stock Docstogo that came on your CD or are using an upgraded version standard, premium, pro or total office?
    What version are you using? The newest is 8.0010.
    Did you have this problem when it was on internal?
    If you move back to internal via tech tool do you still get the reset?
    Have you tried using the tech tool to simply delete the Docstogo saved preferences?
    There was an issue with the first version of 8 which synced DGraphConverter.PRC, DTTFonts.PDB, and PDFToGo.PRC to internal after you moved them to the card. So do you have duplicated prcs, 1 on internal and 1 on the card? http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13718
    Also check the version numbers of the files to make sure their all the same version.
    Here is the support page that may relate to your issues http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13568
    Did you uninstall the older version before DL the newer one?
    Can you give more details about the reset? Does the reset occur every time with every document?

Theres another 20 Qs I need to ask but lets start with the easy stuff first.
    SD card that folds into a USB jumpdrive! and it fits perfectly into the treo's SD slot
    Thanks, Tem !!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    See post #11 of this thread.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Looks like a good alternative for those who don't have a good sync tool. I use Beyond Compare 2. It is a tremendously useful sync app that provides graphic indicators of file/folder differences as well as rules for solving sync conflicts.

Combined with Softik Card Export it works perfectly!!!
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Are you using the stock Docstogo that came on your CD or are using an upgraded version standard, premium, pro or total office?
    What version are you using? The newest is 8.0010.
    Did you have this problem when it was on internal?
    If you move back to internal via tech tool do you still get the reset?
    Have you tried using the tech tool to simply delete the Docstogo saved preferences?
    There was an issue with the first version of 8 which synced DGraphConverter.PRC, DTTFonts.PDB, and PDFToGo.PRC to internal after you moved them to the card. So do you have duplicated prcs, 1 on internal and 1 on the card? http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13718
    Also check the version numbers of the files to make sure their all the same version.
    Here is the support page that may relate to your issues http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13568
    Did you uninstall the older version before DL the newer one?
    Can you give more details about the reset? Does the reset occur every time with every document?

Theres another 20 Qs I need to ask but lets start with the easy stuff first.
    I will update this when I get to work and can add a few more docs in an attempt to determine if it is the excel file I am trying to open or the application.

Suffice to say...with the initial install, v7.001(815) from the Sprint CD, before adding any additional apps or the Dataviz Tech tool, DtG worked ok. I ws able to open and view a few files I had installed as a test, but if I recall correctly I had trouble saving the file. DtG presented a message along the lines of "check info on the sync dialog on your PC".

I haven't tried to delete the saved preferences...I don't see that utility in Dataviz...

I just sent DtG to the card again...I see the icon for DtG and it still looks to be internal although Dataviz noted that the move was successful. There is a /Palm/Programs/DXTG on the card with a 0.1k file in it called CardIdentifier. DTTFonts is in the /Palm/Launcher folder

Other then that, I don't see any other DtG references... Using RescoExplorer to fiew card contents.

Once I found the Dataviz tool I did a complete transfer to the card. From there on it doesn't work. I believe I tried more then one document and in-fact, yesterday I sent another excel file to the sync dialog on my PC, which didn't sync to my Treo.

I did uninstall the first DtG version before reinstalling it. Again, I'll update this thread regarding whether the reset occurs with other documents, but given the second file failed to sync to the Treo, I am not sure where this will get me or what the failed sync means.

Where can I get v8.0010? That is a logical place to start...

I am ready for round 2 of questions... Thanks for the help!!

==========edited===========

I am stripping all DtG from Treo and desktop... $29 is not going to make or break my retirement but it isn't fiscally repsonsible since the app isn't working...maybe if i get it working properly....

I have PalmPDF which works fine, so unless there are stability improvements in v8 I will probably pass.

Interestingly...I have Dataviz v1.5 too... and the Advanced Options choice was not there last night, or this morning... It is now...

Not sure if it is worth uninstalling that too...

I will delete preferences, database, temp database then DtG, from both the desktop and handheld, and then reinstall....test, then move and test...
    Last edited by MikeM; 01/11/2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Technology Rules!
    I moved out discussion here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...006#post877006 Sorry I didnt want to overtake the topic of the thread. I forgot the upgrade wasnt free. Version 7 is totally stable so no reason to spend money. I'll be back.
    So I can duplicate the contents of one SD card to another by copying the files from SD card#1 to the PC (via card export), then from the PC to SD card#2? No caveats?

I have a 1GB card now and want to return in and get a 2GB card. If I just copy the entire contents of my SD card to my computer, then copy those files the 2GB card when I get it, it will work fine (assuming the card itself works)?
    That's how I moved from my 1GB to my 2GB. I just used Windows Explorer and a card reader to move the files to a temporary directory and then back to the new card.

This is also how I backup my SD card weekly to the PC.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I did the same...however I avoided WinExp because of instability with my internal multi-card reader... I used Softick Card Export which lets Win mount your Treo as though it was any other removable drive... Then used WinExp to to work directly through the Treo
    Technology Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith

<threads merged>

As stated previously in this thread, I use Bluesquirrel Bluesync and highly recommend it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    We all know about backing up the internal to the SD using BackUpMan, PC Commander and the like...but does anyone backup the SD card to their HD??
    Yep. I use Resco Explorer to back up my RAM to SD card, and then I mount the SD card on my Linux box using a card reader, and copy the SD card files to my file server on my home network. It IS pretty tedious, but then again my SD card is 2GB, which would probably cause problems with Hotsync as I have seen that choke on a 45MB file. Imagine what 2 Gigabytes would do!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12