Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just started using TT5 with the Globalstat BT gps. It's a great setup, but the one thing that really bugs me is that perhaps 20-30% of the time that I start Navigator, the Tom tom screen comes up for a few seconds, then crashes and soft resets.

I've tried doing a complete reinstall of everything, to get 8+ megs of RAM free, as I know RAM is an issue, but it still occurs. It *never* occurs right after a soft reset. I suspect this is a cache issue, but I have 8 megs free, and that's as much free RAM as I can spare.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with so much free RAM? Any other thoughts? I know there's that dbCache tool out there, and I suppose I can try using that before launching TomTom each time, but I'd rather not if I'm missing something else...

Thanks.
    I have a little over 9 megs free and occasionally get a soft reset after starting TTNav5. Once it happens I can restart TTNav5 and continue without further problems. Not a big issue for me as I understand the resets are pretty common on the T650 when using other memory intensive applications.
    I use DBCacheDA before running TTN5 to empty the cache and all is OK !
    I also suffer from the soft reset problem when starting ttn 5.12, enough to be anoying, but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I use DBCacheDA before running TTN5 to empty the cache and all is OK !
    When I used DBCacheDA I had endless resets on my Treo, so I removed it.

How have you got DBCacheDA configured & is there more than one DBCache out there? I'm sure the one I used was not...DA on the end.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick replies... sounds like I'm not alone in this. It is clear to me that having 9 megs free is better than 5 megs free (resets are now less common, although do occur). Given how fantastic TT is, I will live with it as well...

One other question... If I remove the SD card (eg, to use a card reader for something else), and then re-insert it, TT starts up, which is not what I want. Is there a way to get it back to inserting the SD card and just having the palm launcher come on? I just had a soft reset, and TT even started after that... they seem to want to get their app going!
    TT5.12 works even better on new FW update - 1.17 on Cingular Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    One other question... If I remove the SD card (eg, to use a card reader for something else), and then re-insert it, TT starts up, which is not what I want. Is there a way to get it back to inserting the SD card and just having the palm launcher come on? I just had a soft reset, and TT even started after that... they seem to want to get their app going!
    My T650 just starts the palm launcher for the SD applications when I insert the card. However, that is because I have TTNav5 in internal memory. It doesn't launch automatically. I believe there was a prior post where someone discussed this same issue...This one relates to TT2004.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks! Removing/changing the start.prc on the card solved the auto start problem.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I just renamed the file by adding bak the the end of the prc file like the other poster did.
    But now when I remove and re-insert the card it loads to the card's desktop from no matter where I am?
    Better than loading up the Tomtom app each time I guess but I still have to change the cards desktop to the internal desktop each time I put the card back in?
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    How have you got DBCacheDA configured & is there more than one DBCache out there? I'm sure the one I used was not...DA on the end.
    In fact DBCacheDA is the "companion" of DBCacheTool
    My settings are:
    Clear type: DB
    Safe mode: on
    Auto clear: off
    App stop: off
    Ctrl tap: off
    Ask at softreset: off
    Clear at softreset: off
    free < 7M
    max < 0
    You have to install a DA launcher such as McPhling to use the DBCacheDA...
    More precisions here