Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I stumbled across this program at Palmgear. I don't think I have ever purchased an app after using it for just a few minutes. It is awesome! I just did a search here & couldn't find any posts regarding it. Curious if anyone else is using it.

City ID

I purchased it for $11.00 using this link Enter code: 25PALM which gives you 25% off.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    problems is after a while it keeps asking me to register the program - which I have already done. weird.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    problems is after a while it keeps asking me to register the program - which I have already done. weird.
    I've been running this app since it came out and recently (w/in the past week) it has asked me to register a few times. I just dismiss the message and it works fine. It doesn't happen often, but I'd like to know what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I've been running this app since it came out and recently (w/in the past week) it has asked me to register a few times. I just dismiss the message and it works fine. It doesn't happen often, but I'd like to know what's going on.
    Make sure you are using version 1.01, I had this problem till I updated to the newest version.

I am having a problem now that my City ID only works sometime on incoming calls. I have e-mailed tech support through Palm Gear awhile back, however I haven't received any response.

I'm concerned looking at the other thread that support for this program is getting very sluggish. The developer back in October talked about a new version with the product logo being optional. I have asked twice for support on call waiting ID.

I hope this developer isn't going to stop improving the program and providing tech support.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPerk
    I am having a problem now that my City ID only works sometime on incoming calls.
    Do you have Treoguard? I discovered this completely by accident, but if you the "alarms disabled during calls feature" enabled, it prevents the city/state from showing during outgoing calls. Uncheck this box and it should work fine. I use this same feature in Volume Care with no conflict. Seems to be a Treoguard issue.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Try this version. The developer e-mailed this one to me...it fixes the reg. issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Is this software still being supported, i.e., is Cequint updating the area codes database? Their website, www.cequint.com, looks like it has not been updated for years, but I see threads about new versions for Windows smartphones. Any ideas?
    Loved this program on my 600. But, for the life of me can NOT get it to function on my Cing680

I tried the above prc, that supposedly fixed the register issue but still no City ID on calls

anyone using this successfully on a 680?
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Try the alternative: TopAreaCodes - it works on the Treo 680. And also, apart from displaying the names (city, state, country - whatever you set), it shows the place on map, and has a few other features. Have a look at the screenshot:

http://www.ranosoft.net/tac/tac2a.gif
    Last edited by RaNo; 04/10/2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Application name change from TreoAreaCodes to TopAreaCodes
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    Try the alternative: TreoAreaCodes - it works on the Treo 680.
    I looked at that-too costly for me as I already own City ID-don't really car for all the extra "bling" areacodes brings-I like simple.

I did notice that City ID appears to be try and work but the screen flashes too quickly to see the info-wonder how to slow my treo down
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    They supposedly have a beta 2.0 that has an option to update the area code db OTA. Why not send them an e-mail to see what they have to say.
    Try the alternative: TreoAreaCodes - it works on the Treo 680. And also, apart from displaying the names (city, state, country - whatever you set), it shows the place on map, and has a few other features. Have a look at the screenshot:
    I would recommend staying far away from TreoAreaCodes. It is bloated and expensive. CityID is much smaller and cleaner and is legal to purchase in the US.
    I have had trouble with Palm Gear with support for Butler as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I would recommend staying far away from TreoAreaCodes. It is bloated and expensive. CityID is much smaller and cleaner and is legal to purchase in the US.
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong, nsxprime. It is legal to purchase TreoAreaCodes in US, too! We only cannot offer it in US, but while we offer it in the European stores (like pdassi), everyone can legally buy it - no matter if you buy it from Europe or from the USA.

Why is CityID much smaller and cheaper? Because it has less features, I think.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    I don't think CityID will release any time soon a version for the 700P. I asked them 6 or more months ago and I was told they are working on a new version - but again, nothing to show so far.
    Question: Why would it be illegal for TreoAreaCodes?
    Why is CityID much smaller and cheaper? Because it has less features, I think.
    and for me at least in this case-less is more

update-cityid appears to be working(for me) on incoming calls-will wait and see if it keeps asking for registration info
    CityID does work better than TAC. Even Lightwav has similar features and is very small in comparison to TAC. Not sure why RNS refuses to make TAC more RAM-friendly like the competitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    I don't think CityID will release any time soon a version for the 700P. I asked them 6 or more months ago and I was told they are working on a new version - but again, nothing to show so far.
    Question: Why would it be illegal for TreoAreaCodes?
    I am using this application on my 700p without any problems. This is the only application that I have purchased in almost 3 years of owning a palm based phone. I don't know what it is about knowing the city of the number that's calling you, but it sure does seem better than just having the state pop up on the calls. I used the demo for a while and when it expired I just felt funny not knowing the city I was calling or getting calls from.

As long as we continue to get updates to the db and support with new versions of the Treo I will support this application.
    I downloaded the trail version and it is only showing on outgoing calls. I'm using a 700p. Anyone else having this problem with the trial version 1.01?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast