Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    I downloaded the trail version and it is only showing on outgoing calls. I'm using a 700p. Anyone else having this problem with the trial version 1.01?
    I stand corrected. It works, but it does not provide information if you already have a picture or logo assigned to a contact in your contact list.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    I stand corrected. It works, but it does not provide information if you already have a picture or logo assigned to a contact in your contact list.
    Exactly. It doesn't work with photo caller id or call waiting...something I've been clamoring for the folks at Cequint to fix, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to officially release 2.0.
    before I decide to purchase CityID.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I used CityID on my Treo650 and couldn't live without it. Much to my chagrin, when I got my 680, like many people I found that it did not display information on incoming calls.

This week, I found the solution (albeit accidentally). I downloaded a trial of FontSmoother, which is an app that allows you to use different fonts system wide. Changing the font suddenly caused the incoming call information to be displayed!!!

So, if CityId is indispensible to you, and you're willing to shell out $12 for FontSmoother and change your Treo's font (I think it looks nicer, by the way), you can have CityId up and running just fine on your 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    I don't think CityID will release any time soon a version for the 700P. I asked them 6 or more months ago and I was told they are working on a new version - but again, nothing to show so far.
    Question: Why would it be illegal for TreoAreaCodes?
    It is illegal for us to offer TreoAreaCodes via American retailers (due to stupid software patent law), but we can offer it anywhere else in the world - that's why nsxprime could think it was illegal to buy it. He was wrong because anyone can legally buy TreoAreaCodes!
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    CityID does work better than TAC. Even Lightwav has similar features and is very small in comparison to TAC. Not sure why RNS refuses to make TAC more RAM-friendly like the competitors.
    You always have such negative attitude?

We do not refuse. In TAC you can move all space-consuming databases to card. That is: all graphical databases (containing maps, flags, etc.) can be moved to card, but text databases cannot. Why? For performance mostly.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I understand that a beta version for Treo680 has been distributed for testing...wondering if anyone is using it and how it is different from version 1.01
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    You always have such negative attitude?

We do not refuse. In TAC you can move all space-consuming databases to card. That is: all graphical databases (containing maps, flags, etc.) can be moved to card, but text databases cannot. Why? For performance mostly.
    So why does RaN make their databases so large? None of the other products are anywhere near as large. You cannot move the city/state databases to the card so you are forced to have over 1MB of stuff installed in RAM. Why is that? Is there nothing that you can do to make your program more competitive with others on the market?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I understand that a beta version for Treo680 has been distributed for testing...wondering if anyone is using it and how it is different from version 1.01
    I've been using a 2.0 beta since August for the 650 & 700p and have asked Cequint repeatedly when they are going to officially release it, but have never gotten a response.
    The only difference from 1.0 is that you can choose to hide the City ID logo when a call comes in and update the database OTA with new area codes and prefixes, but some things don't work at all like the "Add Contact" button when an unknown number comes in. Not sure where they are in general with this app.
    Last edited by dwman; 02/01/2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Is there a chance you can send me the beta, as I was told by cequint that they are not sending out any more betas right now. Would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

rob

Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    I've been using a 2.0 beta since August for the 650 & 700p and have asked Cequint repeatedly when they are going to officially release it, but have never gotten a response.
    The only difference from 1.0 is that you can choose to hide the City ID logo when a call comes in and update the database OTA with new area codes and prefixes, but some things don't work at all like the "Add Contact" button when an unknown number comes in. Not sure where they are in general with this app.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Is there a chance you can send me the beta, as I was told by cequint that they are not sending out any more betas right now. Would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

rob
    I would but it requires a new reg code for 2.0. Just installing over 1.0 doesn't work. Hopefully they'll be putting out the new beta soon.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Not that anyone needed a crystal ball to see this coming, but it looks like there's not going to be any future development on the Palm platform with this app. Just received this email from Cequint:

For the Treo only the Windows Mobile version is seeing new work. It seems unlikely that Palm OS has a future, so our resources have been going elsewhere.
    Thanks for the update. If that's the way it is. then maybe the talented among us should take matters into our own hands. The app has worked well for me on my Verizon 650 and 700p. So maybe "we" can just edit the database to add new area codes and correct wrong entries going forward?
    If City ID comes out with an update then I would buy it. I have a 680 and would prefer not to add font smoother to my list of apps.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Do you believe that there would be an update to City ID? I doubt.
    You'd better try TopAreaCodes :-)
    Last edited by RaNo; 04/10/2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Application name change from TreoAreaCodes to TopAreaCodes
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont think it is gonna happen...just a guess though
    After reading this thread, I was scared to try both programs. Curiosity got the best of me so I downloaded TopAreaCodes. This is one of the coolest program I have put on my Centro. I never experienced any problems or crashes. I have since registered the program. I look forward to strange calls in order to see the map. Don't hesitate to try this program.
    Thanks, Plank!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12