Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think the new Cingular GSM update 1.17 has greatly improved the bluetooth performance of my Sony HBH-300. Volume is louder, pickup is faster, and the more stable platform makes re-pairing after a reset no longer necessary. Anybody else notice an improvement?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I upgraded last night (the FW 1.51 upgrade only, as I have a ROW treo 650), and with my Logitech Mobile Pro headset I'm seeing significantly better range. I have not yet placed or received enough calls to see if the pickup is faster or not, though.

Are you seeing better range / less static ?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I tried a few incoming calls, and alas, no improvement on the ring time on the headset (it takes about 8-10 seconds before the headaet rings)
    Just upgraded to 1.17 and now my Jabra 250 is the default for all outgoing and incoming calls. Treo prefs for Communication ==> Handsfree ==> Auto answer is set to "disable".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    ME
    I applied the update without any problems but when I pair the Treo with a Motorola HS820 it now seems to think the headset is within range, even if its not. Answering from touchscreen still shows headset enabled and I have to disable that to hear a call. Before, you had to press the headset button to receive a call. Is this a feature or a bug? I don't use the headset cnstantly so still trying to figure out the bes setup.
    I have a jabra 250 also and am having this new problem with this FW.

I pair the jabra and everything works AWESOME, untill I turn off BT. When I turn it back on it says something about old devices being found and not valid anymore.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've found that the update inifitely improved my Palm's connection to my Motorola HS-850. It auto-picks up on dial now and the reaction time is quick.

With my EasyDrive though, everything has changed. When I have the EasyDrive plugged in, the Treo stays permanently connected. The Bluetooth stays busy all the time, making it all but impossible to use my TomTom 5 with BT-338 and have the EasyDrive plugged in at the same time. I have to unplug the EasyDrive before I can use tomtom

Anyone have this behavior with a handsfree device now not letting go?

Thanks,
    Bigbot
    I think they have royally screwed up bluetooth for those that routinely transition between multiple bt devices. In my case, I move between my Acura TL and HBH-660 several times a day. Before the upgrade, I didn't have to do anything to transition to the car, and only had to touch the answer button on the headset when I was out of range of the car to reconnect with the headset. Now, I have to go through formal paring to move from one to the other. I'm fed up with palm!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    I think the new Cingular GSM update 1.17 has greatly improved the bluetooth performance of my Sony HBH-300. Volume is louder, pickup is faster, and the more stable platform makes re-pairing after a reset no longer necessary. Anybody else notice an improvement?

From Palm's Cingular update website:

"Optimizes Bluetooth performance for some Motorola headsets and other car kits"

I suppose it's possible.
    Poloma -

I have a Moto HS810, and I see the same behavior after the 1.15 CNG update - whenever my headset is in range, all incoming or outgoing calls now instantly get routed to the headset, even if I don't push the button.

It's very annoying, especially when I'm driving and my headset is somewhere in my briefcase. I consider it a bug. Is there a new setting somewhere to disable this?

Are other people noticing this with their BT headsets? Is it just a Moto thing?

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    I seem to be having volume problems with my treo headset after the update and using Volumcare.
    I have also noticed that the volume level on my Treo headset is quite a bit lower (I also use VolumeCare). Has anyone else noticed this - either with or without VC?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    Poloma -

I have a Moto HS810, and I see the same behavior after the 1.15 CNG update - whenever my headset is in range, all incoming or outgoing calls now instantly get routed to the headset, even if I don't push the button.

It's very annoying, especially when I'm driving and my headset is somewhere in my briefcase. I consider it a bug. Is there a new setting somewhere to disable this?

Are other people noticing this with their BT headsets? Is it just a Moto thing?
    Now, I consider this to be seamless pickup and an improvement! One man's poison is another man's pleasure.
    i just bought a plantronics discovery 640 because i got frustrated with the jabra 250 and 1.17 update. the 640 is working very well. It is much clearer than the 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    Now, I consider this to be seamless pickup and an improvement! One man's poison is another man's pleasure.
    I agree this could be a useful feature, if it was an OPTION! It makes me angry that they would change a fundamental behavior like this, and force it on us without any way to disable it.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I've also upgraded my 650 to 1.17CNG and noticed a vast improvement with BT range with my Motorola HS820, it seems like I can get at least 30ft without a problem. Unfortunately, the headset ALWAYS answers the call now, even though in preferences it's set to off. Volume also seems to be slightly affected in a negative way, even with the latest version of VC.

I'm beginning to wish I had a different BT headset.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    I have also noticed that the volume level on my Treo headset is quite a bit lower (I also use VolumeCare). Has anyone else noticed this - either with or without VC?
    VolumeCare completely detaches itself when a BT headset is being used. I really wish I could claim to be able to change the volume either up or down on BT headsets! I have tried in my developement lab for months to make this happen. I would *love* it if this report was true! It would mean that I could provide a volume solution for BlueTooth headsets.

I rarely say never, but in this case I do not think VolumeCare is lowering your BT headset volume.

Jeff
  18. kgw
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    I've also upgraded my 650 to 1.17CNG and noticed a vast improvement with BT range with my Motorola HS820, it seems like I can get at least 30ft without a problem. Unfortunately, the headset ALWAYS answers the call now, even though in preferences it's set to off. Volume also seems to be slightly affected in a negative way, even with the latest version of VC.

I'm beginning to wish I had a different BT headset.

David
    My volume with HBH 300 is also significantly lower after the update. I may have to change back to the wired headset.
    I cannot change the volume of the treo headset and does come across significantly lower than before the update. I'm pretty cheesed off that "progress" has affected my use of the phone negatively. And for the price paid for the treo smartphone.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My volume with my HBH-662 went down to the point I could not use it in the car. Also my reception on my phone actually went down to the point it would drop calls in areas it worked fine before the update. I use VC as well but it has nothing to do with my headset problem. 1.15 was stable for me so I just decided instead of getting new bluetooth headset, I would downgrade to 1.15 again, and I have been happy so far.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast