1.    #1  
    This is really 2 questions, and I wasn't sure if it should be in Synchronization or Multimedia...

1 - Can you sync MP3's through Palm Desktop to get them on the Treo? If so, I haven't found how to do that.

2 - Do you use sync to get pictures, videos, & sounds on your Treo? I see pros and cons of doing this, unless I am missing something... An advantage is that Palm Desktop will convert video clips and resize images for you - and you aren't putting any wear on the SD connector by pulling the card in and out all the time. A disadvantage is that it takes forever compared to using a normal SD card reader, and I haven't found how to get MP3s to sync to the Treo.
    You can sync, but most people use a card reader for multimedia files.
  3.    #3  
    You mean with "Media" disabled in the sync manager? I found out the hard way that if you use a card reader to put files on the SD card, the next time you sync, it will take about a month while it syncs all of them to the desktop.

It looks like you HAVE to use a card reader for MP3s...

After using it for a few days, I am pretty happy with sync-ing video clips, since I don't have to worry about converting them from wmv first - I will admit that Palm Desktop converting them for you is pretty sweet.

Also, from the durability standpoint, how sturdy is the SD card slot on the Treo? I don't want to have problems with it from inserting/removing the card on a regular basis --- any long time users have any thoughts on that?
    Why exactly does it take so long to transfer files through Hotsync?
    It's using USB 2.0, so what is actually causing the holdup?
    Imagine if hotsync worked as fast as a card reader......
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Also, from the durability standpoint, how sturdy is the SD card slot on the Treo? I don't want to have problems with it from inserting/removing the card on a regular basis --- any long time users have any thoughts on that?
    Never had one nor heard of one "wearing out." Longtime user.