Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    All,

I'm looking for a Bluetooth single ear headset that supports the A2DP high quality audio profile in addition to the normal headset/handsfree profiles. So basically a normal phone headset profile and the capability to redirect PDA audio to it. I nrelize it would be mono but it would be nice for streaming TV/audio (talk shows), etc.

This is for an HP6515 which i just purchased.

But since I kept my Treo650 (Cingular so I can swap SIM from device to device) I thought i'd post here as well as over in the PPC forums.

Thanks, and happy turkey day.

-bostonGuy
    Try a search on I Tech S35 Clip. It is not a headset, but you can use either stereo or mono earbud.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. I have seen that clip device but I'm really looking for a single in ear all in one device.

I've searched the web, and posted on a few other forums to no avail. I'm guessing that nobody makes one since few people would want to listen to high quality audio with one ear. And as I mentioned I really want it for discretely listening to audio streams, Audible content, maybe a movie here and there. Having both ears "engaged" is just not desirable in many situations.

Thanks again for trying.

-bostonGuy
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

YES! I too am dying to find a single ear A2DP bluetooth 1.2 unit. Anybody have any luck?

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz

YES! I too am dying to find a single ear A2DP bluetooth 1.2 unit. Anybody have any luck?

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    If you are just looking for higher quality audio for phone conversations, you will probably start to see better and better mono headsets out there that use the enhanced audio capabilities of 1.2 and 2.0+EDR Bluetooth radios. This may be referred to as eSCO in the documentation. Of course, the phone will need to support those kinds of links. While the 650 does not support 1.2 or 2.0+EDR, most likely future Treos will.
    Also keep an eye on updates to the Softick Audio Gateway - they are working on a mono solution which could work with existing headsets.