1.    #1  
    Trying to sync for the first time. System error message "free data storage too low, delete applications or data." Phone is frozen off and data can't be delete because Treo goes into palm/palm powered loop. Talked with Treo tech who said that the only possibility is a hard reset. I have a lot of data I don't want to lose? Are there any other posibilities?

-- Help 1st Time Syncer
    Warm reboot. Hit the reset pin and hold down on the up button portion of the dpad until the Palm grey screen shows up then release.

Details here: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(887)

But how can this be the first sync if you've got that much stuff on it that it's out of memory?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Took pictures, recorded video without adding a memeory card and beamed contacts from another phone and did not take the time to sync.

I have tried the warm reboot and I get the same message.
    Hard Reset if you can't get to the Palm Launcher - that's the only option.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    If your using Treo 650... try zero out reset

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...SE=887#zeroout
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    Do not do a Zero Out reset...... a hard reset will solve the issue. A Zero out is more radical then a hard as noted here:

Zero Out Reset

Tungsten T5; Treo 650 only
    A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy).

Tungsten E2 note: a hard reset (above) produces the same results as a zero out reset - completely rewrites data on internal memory. No need to perform the steps below.

Warning: A zero out reset will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a zero out reset unless you want to eradicate everyting.

HotSync note: If you wish to continue using your handheld after a zero out reset, please be aware that some third-party applications change the way your handheld backs up data. Other third-party applications do not back up data. If you have third-party software on your device, please contact the developer to learn what components are backed up during a HotSync operation, and if HotSync conduits are altered. Any data not backed up will be permanently deleted.

There are two ways to perform a zero out reset.
    Moose Man