1.    #1  
    I have had problems with my phone from the beginning but have lived with them. I haven't been able to sync for a few months because it freezes everytime I try to sync it.

However, today my phone froze. I took out the battery, did a soft reset (dozens of times) and it gets to the time screen. I can turn on the phone and it occasionally will show an incoming call but when I push the phone button, calendar button or e-mail button, the screen goes blank (lit up) and stays there. No calls can come in.

However, if I push the home button, I can see all my icons and scroll through them. I can even open some of the applications.

Also, the touch-screen doesn't work.

Any ideas? I can't do a hard-reset since I haven't been able to sync it. I never upgraded the firmware because I couldn't sync it either...

Thanks.
    If you have a card, use a backup program to save your data, then hard reset.

You can use a program like Pilot Install (PINSTALL) to only synch the new app to the phone (a backup program, such as backup buddy). Hopefully that will work.

If after a hard reset you still have issues, exchange the phone.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Sounds like you've got a sofware conflict. What programs have you installed on your Treo?
  4.    #4  
    I called Cingular and the guy told me to try to Hotsync the phone. I did that and now it is in a constant reset loop. I've had the phone for about 8 months and never had this problem. They have now sent me a new phone but I want to get the old data from the phone since I haven't been able to hotsync for a while. Any ideas?

Thanks for the responses so far but I can't even get the phone to turn on now...
    I would delete 3rd party applications until I found the one causing the problem. And don't listen to the Cingular support person. . .

Either way, you need to hard reset. You have already let this continue too long and now you will lose your data.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    If that's the case, there is no need to do that since they already sent me another phone. I was just hoping to recover my data...