Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I bought a GPS bundle from Semsons that included TomTom Navigator 5.12, a Holux GPSlim236, an Arkon CM700 powered mount and a special Semsons serial cable. You're supposed to be able to connect both the Treo 650 and the GPSlim236 to the powered mount and tell the Navigator software that the GPS is connected via "other cable NMEA GPS" at 38400 baud and it will use the cable connection instead of Bluetooth, keeping the Treo's Bluetooth connection free for other things.

Although Bluetooth works fine, Navigator never sees the GPS using the cable connection, no matter what order I make the connections in.

Any advice?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'd been testing it out in my living room and the mount wasn't powered. Once I plugged it in to the car's power it worked fine.
    I'm looking into this same setup. Where did you get that miniUSB<->RJ11 cable, and does it provide both connectivity AND power in that single cable? IN other words, can it function with the phone, using this cable, without its battery, and without bluetooth enabled? Making this cable shouldn't be all too difficult. I just have to figure out what the pin-outs are... Any leads would be great!

Thanks!