1.    #1  
    can someone help.. my phone hangs and it also turns off very qucikly when i check for contacts. my friend told me to upgrade the firmware but i dont know how. i have an unlocked treo 650 from cingular, it is blue with the cingular logo. firmware is 01.31. how do i install the new firmware to fix this and which firmware do i use.. assistance is needed urgently.

Duonger
    You could update to software version 1.17 and see if that helps...
    go to
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(38344)

look for cingular..
    and follow the instructions...
  3.    #3  
    nope still the same...
    Sounds like you need to hard reset.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    tI just ran the update, and I did the first step by hotsyncing. That went through fine. Now it's at Step 2, and it says:

Congratulations! Your device has been successfully backed up.

The updater will copy all required files to your device. This step will take approximately 2 minutes.

Static

Don't disconnect your device, or touch the screen until you're directed to do so.

The installer just stopped here and the treo is also doing nothing. Should I kill the task and try again? when i check the update it is still the old one.

how do i do a hard reset?

Duonger
    kill the install app and try again... make sure your sd card is removed..
    you can get more help reading through the following link/thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100442