Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Parityone pointed out this little gem of an app CallRec

In this Thread
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/22/2005 at 12:29 PM.
    Okay... we have the tools. Lets see who can record the funniest 30 second phone call.
    $20 is a small price to pay for a good laugh. I'm buying this app right now! But keep in mind you don't have to buy the app to play the game! You get a 7 day free trial period to come up with something good.
    Isn't it against the law (in some states) to record without informing the other party?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Isn't it against the law (in some states) to record without informing the other party?
    Wow, I hope so! That would make it even funnier. Nothing more entertaining then blantly disregaurding the Law of the land! Good call aprasad, but it doesn't count for the contest
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by illbits
    Wow, I hope so! That would make it even funnier. Nothing more entertaining then blantly disregaurding the Law of the land! Good call aprasad, but it doesn't count for the contest
    LOL
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    In my state it is legal to record a phone call as long as one of the parties to the call is aware it is being recorded. So I suppose if someone were to activate the program without me knowing it, I would have a legitiment complaint
    In most states only one person has to be aware that the call is being recorded. That includes the one doing the recording. Silly law, but that is the case in Texas.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    In most states only one person has to be aware that the call is being recorded. That includes the one doing the recording. Silly law, but that is the case in Texas.
    Seems silly but its not. You should have the right to record something you are a party to. However you shouldn't have the right to infringe on the privacy of a call that you are not a party to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Seems silly but its not. You should have the right to record something you are a party to. However you shouldn't have the right to infringe on the privacy of a call that you are not a party to.
    Man... if Linda Tripp had a Treo the world would be sooo screwed
    Federal and State Laws

The U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. 38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

A complete state-by-state set of regulations regarding telephone call recording may be obtained in the following report published by The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press...

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm
    Okay... we have the tools. Lets see who can record the funniest 30 second phone call.
    OK. I'm game. But there has to be a prize of some sort, right?

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.
    So...who's got the keg?
    Either way its a great tool....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ This looks like a GREAT tool. I can not even being to tell you how many support/billing calls I have been on that I wish I recorded. For some reason, I ALWAYS get lied to or my account is never notated when an agreement is reached. Cingular is usually the predominant culprit.

...I'm going to go download it right now...
    Does it record when using a Bluetooth headset too?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Does it record when using a Bluetooth headset too?
    I had no luck with BT, but BT headsets suck anyway so it was a non issue for me.
    It's probably more Palm's implementation of BT then the headsets themselves
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    It's probably more Palm's implementation of BT then the headsets themselves
    that and they aren't full duplex. Its a mariage of suckery
    Do any of you guys get inconsistant reactions when pressing the button to record while on a call? If i hold the button in, which would be really nice actually, it creates a new file every second. I have to hit the button 2 or 3 times to get the orange led to blink. And the same to turn it off. Not ready for prime time if this is how it works.

Derek
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast