Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilNuts
    Treo 650 unlocked unbranded on Cingular. I don't believe this is a carrier issue though.

BTW, I got a continous reboot (loop reset) while testing mVoice. I would only regain control of the system after doing a hard reset (rocker up + reset button). The phone radio would not turn back on. Decided to delete mVoice and got the system back to a stable state including the radio.

Back to MotionApps tech support and CallRec.
    This is the message I received when I asked tech support about BT headsets

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately there is no way to use BlueTooth headsets with mVoice. Our development team has been working on this particular problem, but since this is a hardware limitation in Treo there is very little we can do about it. BlueTooth headsets can only be used for calls, and the device does not allow the diversion of sound streams between third-party applications and these headsets. However, as you have experienced regular headsets will work fine with mVoice, although they may be an inconvenience in your case.

Best Regards,
    Nebojsa

I wonder why it works for you. I really need this ability
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    This is the message I received when I asked tech support about BT headsets

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately there is no way to use BlueTooth headsets with mVoice. Our development team has been working on this particular problem, but since this is a hardware limitation in Treo there is very little we can do about it. BlueTooth headsets can only be used for calls, and the device does not allow the diversion of sound streams between third-party applications and these headsets. However, as you have experienced regular headsets will work fine with mVoice, although they may be an inconvenience in your case.

Best Regards,
    Nebojsa

I wonder why it works for you. I really need this ability
    The crash I reported ealier happened while the call was being transferred to the Treo BT and while mVoice was already recording. I wanted to be sure it was recording properly using BT.
    The only way I could recover from the system crash, radio off and loop resets was deleting mVoice. Hence, the BT radio was already off when I tried to recover from the crash and I do not believe BT is the culprit. mVoice did record the rings before crashing.
    Will have to wait for tech support on this.
    Let me check if CallRec works with BT on my setup...
    Has anybody tried newest CallRec 2.0.

Answer for the problem about BT headset is: with some headset you can record both side of conversation but with some other yon can not.
    Have been using both CallRec 2.0 and it works OK. It has a small footprint comparing to mVoice. It is more limited in features than mVoice, though.
    Tried also reinstalling mVoice 4.2 on a clean install after upgrading to 1.20 ENA and did not have any problems yet. Still not sure to give it a go, but so far so good.
    I downloaded Callrec 2.0 and it's much better then earlier. I like new user interface
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrej
    Answer for the problem about BT headset is: with some headset you can record both side of conversation but with some other yon can not.
    I've tried a Jabra BT250 and Motorolla HS810 without success with mVoice 4.5 on my Sprint Treo 650. Can anyone state what headset they have had success with?

I saw someone post that the Palm headset works - is this the Palm Wireless Headset? And can anyone confirm that it is truly recording the other party, or is it just picking up 'bleed' from the earpiece speaker in it's own microphone? A quick test would be to playback a two-party recording with the slider all the way towards phone...

Rich
    I tried with my Morotola HS805 BT Headset...It recorded my voice, but it did not record the person on the other end. I am assuming it was picking up my voice from the internal mic, not the headset, as it sounded distant. Probably could live with that limitation if it recorded the other end of the conversation.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  8.    #88  
    It will not record the call over bluetooth. Its same hardware problem that makes is so you cant initiate a call with VoiceSignal over BT.
    Sounds like a great app!

But can't you do this with Voice Memo which you can get from ShadowMites site or any palm device.

It comes built in with other Palm devices and just wasn't included with the Treo but you can obtain this from else where and just install it on your Treo.

Did anyone test it out for phone call recording. I just tried it and it does look like it does it. However, I just wasn't sure since I was testing talking to myself.

Oh my, am I going nut, talking to myself.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I have been using Par Pro and started playing with CallRec 2.0 - easier to launch, less steps to start recording, et cetera. What I do not like is the multiple step approach to selecting those files for deletion. Also using ZLauncher, I have CallRec on the SD card and when launched with Zlauncher, it still continues to record, which the others do not do. The quality is ok, the volume a bit low, but still ok. As for Bluetooth - not at all. Ben
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345