Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I just tried Callrec and while I agree it is nice, there is one thing that I absolutely HATE about it...

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE SIDE BUTTON SETTING PREFERENCE!!

This is really a PITA if you use the side button for something else like quick launch as I do for zlauncher! If Callrec allowed a customizable activation setting instead of the hard coded side button, then it would be a winner imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    In new 1.2 version you can start app with single or double click on the side button
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Deco
    In new 1.2 version you can start app with single or double click on the side button

Yeah, but I would like the option to specify a different button for activation besides the side button...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Where did you get version 1.2 I have 1.1.5 ??

Where did you get 1.2 ??
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Where did you get version 1.2 I have 1.1.5 ??

Where did you get 1.2 ??
    go to www.mytreo.net
    There's 1.2.1 now...
    I "install" it by copying it on to the SD card. The side button is unresponsive to CallRec. The side button did what it used to do.

Sounds like a nice little app, but can't seem to be able to try it.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLaw
    I "install" it by copying it on to the SD card. The side button is unresponsive to CallRec. The side button did what it used to do.

Sounds like a nice little app, but can't seem to be able to try it.
    did you enable the app?
  8.    #69  
    The new version at Handango is actually 1.2.1 (it says 1.2 until you download it)
    It resolves a minor issue with holding the side button to launch VoiceSignal, when double click is selected.
    Good developer, two of the biggest problems with this app have already been addressed (to a degree):

- SOME control over configuring which/what button (you can now keep your side button preference, as long as you don't also have a "doubleclick" preference already set (just those 2 options).

- Sample rate is now adjustable, perhaps solving the problems of skipping and missing parts of the conversation.

More work needed, but excellent progress!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "More work needed, but excellent progress!"

Yep. 1) Incorporate the option to record to mp3 2) increase the stability, and (if not currently implemented) 3) make it possible to set it and forget about it and have it record all calls or (even better) all calls from from selected contacts.

These shouldn't be too hard. I'll pay $30 if they can pull this off.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_treo
    (even better) all calls from from selected contacts.
    I like CallRec, but I could get behind this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Good developer, two of the biggest problems with this app have already been addressed (to a degree):

- SOME control over configuring which/what button (you can now keep your side button preference, as long as you don't also have a "doubleclick" preference already set (just those 2 options).

- Sample rate is now adjustable, perhaps solving the problems of skipping and missing parts of the conversation.

More work needed, but excellent progress!
    What sample rate I need to set for best quality of the conversation
    Yeah, CallRec 1.2.1 seems stable and works as intended. Using best quality which yields best results. Recording to a 1GB card gives hours of recording.

Tech support from mVoice 4.0 sent a message saying they can't reproduce the resets and problems reported. Go figure...

Will use CallRec until mVoice (mApps) puts their show together.
    mApps released mVoice 4.2 today. It seems stable and doing what is supposed to do. Will try it further.
  15.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilNuts
    mApps released mVoice 4.2 today. It seems stable and doing what is supposed to do. Will try it further.
    can you see if it works with BT headsets?
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/22/2005 at 12:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I have one feature request which I submitted to Motion Apps:
    I wish they would bring back the ability of the "one button recording" action to start recording and keep recording without the need to hold the button... If you agree this is a useful function please submit your request to Motion Apps...
    Fantastic! 4.2 now provides this feature as an option!
    I'll have to send mApps a "Thank You' note...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    can you see if it works with BT headsets?
    Yes, I started mVoice recorder after starting the phone call through the Palm BT headset. It worked fine, it recorded both my voice and the other party.
  18.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilNuts
    Yes, I started mVoice recorder after starting the phone call through the Palm BT headset. It worked fine, it recorded both my voice and the other party.
    Interesting. It doesn't work on mine with either the TWH or the Voyager. I who is your carier? I wonder if there is a setting that makes this work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Interesting. It doesn't work on mine with either the TWH or the Voyager. I who is your carier? I wonder if there is a setting that makes this work.
    Treo 650 unlocked unbranded on Cingular. I don't believe this is a carrier issue though.

BTW, I got a continous reboot (loop reset) while testing mVoice. I would only regain control of the system after doing a hard reset (rocker up + reset button). The phone radio would not turn back on. Decided to delete mVoice and got the system back to a stable state including the radio.

Back to MotionApps tech support and CallRec.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast