Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You can now record phone calls with the new mVoice 4.0. There is an upgrade price from prior versions (unless you bought with the last 30 days), of $9.99.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghuber
    You can now record phone calls with the new mVoice 4.0. There is an upgrade price from prior versions (unless you bought with the last 30 days), of $9.99.
    FWIW I tried it. It wasnt as easy to record the call with and my recording was extremly garbled.
    Upgraded to mVoice 4.0 and happy with it. One has to lower the recording volume though. Very good results recording to SD card. Made several test for tweaking the recording volume and in my case had to leave it less than half the slide to the left (low). It really gets garbled if the recording volume is high (default).
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I upgraded and am happy with it.
    Audio quality (when set to "Pro") for recording telephone conversations to SD card is very good. Playback using the slider is quite a useful feature.

I have one feature request which I submitted to Motion Apps:
    I wish they would bring back the ability of the "one button recording" action to start recording and keep recording without the need to hold the button. The recording can be stopped by manual interaction or when the telephone call is disconnected. This is very useful when you want to record a conference call when using the speakerphone and resting the Treo in the middle of the conference table. If you agree this is a useful function please submit your request to Motion Apps...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Seems silly but its not. You should have the right to record something you are a party to. However you shouldn't have the right to infringe on the privacy of a call that you are not a party to.
    I disagree. Anyone who wants to talk to me has to deal with the fact that I might bear witness to what they say. That includes me telling someone what they said or recording it. If they're going to say something they don't want anyone to hear, tough luck. Then they should keep quiet.

JC
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cioffij
    I disagree. Anyone who wants to talk to me has to deal with the fact that I might bear witness to what they say. That includes me telling someone what they said or recording it. If they're going to say something they don't want anyone to hear, tough luck. Then they should keep quiet.

JC
    Clearly you didn't read my post that you quoted
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I have one feature request which I submitted to Motion Apps:
    I wish they would bring back the ability of the "one button recording" action to start recording and keep recording without the need to hold the button. ...
    This is why MVoice was promptly deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Do any of you guys get inconsistant reactions when pressing the button to record while on a call? If i hold the button in, which would be really nice actually, it creates a new file every second. I have to hit the button 2 or 3 times to get the orange led to blink. And the same to turn it off. Not ready for prime time if this is how it works.

Derek
    Works great on this end. Once touch on and off.
    I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    This is why MVoice was promptly deleted.
    I concur. But I have installed CallRec again, the updated version and it works fantastic. I think it is ready for prime time now! I will continue to evaluate it for the next seven days. But I foresee me plunking my cash down to purchase it.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Does it record when using a Bluetooth headset too?
    yes, it works fine. Sometimes on playback there is a little skip though, although not related to bluetooth, but perhaps the faster sd cards.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    What if you're in one of the 38 "one party" states talking to a person in one of the 12 "all party" states? How does the law work there?
    That was the issue with the Tripp Lewinsky recordings if I recall correctly, Tripp lived in MD which requires both parties to be notified.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    What if you're in one of the 38 "one party" states talking to a person in one of the 12 "all party" states? How does the law work there?
    I'm an attorney... you're belaboring a point that will never be tried.

Step back... think about it... how many other means are there to record a phone conversation? Many. In addition, this software is NOT a new concept. Many other phones have the ability to record conversations.

Have fun with it.
    I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary.
    Although it does record thru BT, beware because the handset still records also. I noticed a lot of background and rustling noise when I was making recordings, all from holding the phone while recording thru BT.
    I mentioned in the other CallRec thread that my friend and I have preliminarily confirmed that the fast recordings are occurring with high speed SD cards (like Sandisk Ultra II cards) and not standard cards.

I am getting fast, clipped audio with CallRec 1.1.5 on my Sandisk Ultra II card as well. Perhaps a simple (?) workaround is to check for the presence of a high speed SD card and then record slower to it. I have no idea if this is even possible. I also agree with everyone else that the activation key must be allowed to be configured to another key or key combination.

Damon
  15.    #55  
    I have an ultra II card and my recordings are fine
    Back to mVoice 4.0, when doing "real life" tests, found out it is very unstable. Recordings of more than 2 minutes to SD will freeze the Treo. Tried using the side button and starting the app before and after starting/receiving the call. Treo will also reboot most of the time when ending recording and after freezing. Waiting for reply from tech support @ MotionApps.
    MVoice earlier versions were very stable just for voice recordings.
    Last edited by BrazilNuts; 12/03/2005 at 05:59 PM.
    Thats unforatunate about mvoice 4.0. I think they rushed it out after seeing this Callrec app come out. mVoice 2.x and 3.x worked great for me.
    MotionApps support isn't very reliable. They do sometimes ignore important issues.
    I also don't want to be obliged to hold the butto for recording.

On the other hand, CallRec support isn't also responsive. I asked a question to the developer about using another button for one-button recording. No reply in one week yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfart
    I'm an attorney... you're belaboring a point that will never be tried.

Step back... think about it... how many other means are there to record a phone conversation? Many. In addition, this software is NOT a new concept. Many other phones have the ability to record conversations.
    Actually, I have no interest in this software... I was just curious what the answer would be. Could charges be brought against someone who, in a state where only the caller need know, recorded a conversation with another person who was in a state where all parties must know? I realize there's nothing Treo-specific about this, and the dubious nature of legal advice given by anonymous people on internet message boards. If you don't know the answer, that's fine; but implying my question is irrelevant by saying you're an attorney or pointing out it's a hypothetical doesn't answer the question or add much to the thread.
  20. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Warning!!!!!!!!
    I have never had a reset loop until I installed this little baby.
    Hard re-set,reload everything ,but this,and bingo no more reset loop.
    Don't bother!!
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast