Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great program, its just it saves as WAV. Unless you guys all got 2gig cards... I dont think you'll be recording very long.
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Do any of you guys get inconsistant reactions when pressing the button to record while on a call? If i hold the button in, which would be really nice actually, it creates a new file every second. I have to hit the button 2 or 3 times to get the orange led to blink. And the same to turn it off. Not ready for prime time if this is how it works.

Derek
    I don't get this behavior, it works with one quick button press and release and shuts off the same way.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I launch the program press the side button and it starts recording but my treo grinds to a halt.... I can't even dial because when I press the phone button it takes so long for my treo to respond has anyone encountered this problem? I've removed all my hacks and the only one I was using is keyshades that allows you to turn your keyboard light on and off...
    it would be pretty interesting if the program had a little function that when u hit the record button it told the other party :
    "All calls may be monitored for security purposes."
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    I would like to see the app include the ability to play back the conversations that were recorded over the phone. That way if you're on the phone and need to remind someone what the last 5 customer reps told you before being transfered, you can just hit play.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Anybody play around with this and see what size file a, say, 30 minute covernsation would generate?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    it would be pretty interesting if the program had a little function that when u hit the record button it told the other party :
    "All calls may be monitored for security purposes."
    Regarding the issue of legality, the "may" here is crucial. I think most people interpret this statement as alerting one to the fact that the recipient of the call is possibly going to record it. An equally correct interpretation, however, is that the caller is granting you permission to record the call on your own (implying "You may monitor all calls for security purposes."). Since it's in the passive voice, it's hard to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_treo
    Anybody play around with this and see what size file a, say, 30 minute covernsation would generate?
    It seems to be about 4-5mb for every minute of conversation
    This looked like a really great idea, but took it off for the following reasons:

1) Hijacks the side button, no other option available. Beyond losing a button, it accidentally activated too many times (you just have to touch it- coming in and out of case is enough!).

2) Volume was miserably low on my Sprint unit - could barely hear myself, and the other party was completely illegible.

The program needs a *lot* of improvement to be charging in the $20 range. Still, neat idea.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Just in case you haven't noticed... You can use Callrec any time to record a message not just when there is a phone call happening.

I bought it and use it to dictate notes to myself.

Now if it only had an alarm function.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "It seems to be about 4-5mb for every minute of conversation"

Thanks.

That's really lousy. Too bad they didn't bother to incorporate an mp3 option.

That and Joad's comments send this application off to the trash bin.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Anyone else getting resets during recording?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Parityone pointed out this little gem of an app CallRec

In this Thread
    Does this record from the speakerphone option or how does it actually record the conversation? How is the recorded sound quality? If it records from the actual speakerphone then it is prone to other noises that may be in the area when you are recording unles you are in a very quiet environment...
    Last edited by JetJockeyJ; 11/25/2005 at 12:48 AM.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Installing Voice Memo worked for me. Yet my recordings are broken, and possibly speedy.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I haven't had any resets. I had nothing but resets with soundrec.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Maxy makes an excellent point of distinction, not that anyone will ever be caught and even fewer prosecuted.

Regardless, I now answer every single one of my calls "Hi, this call may be recorded for quality control purposes. What's up?"
    This is really a great utility but it's not very configurable.
    As stated earlier, it hijacks the side button and does not allow any selection on which button to be used.
    It also is activated accidentally.
    Besides, I would love to have an "enable/disable" button on it. Now, it's enabled right after the installation. That's not good.
    Just so you guys know, the program will work fine if you send it to RAM from you card WHILE on the call.

That's the only way I can use the program without worrying about resets etc.
    NRG,I have had same problem with version 1.1, but with new 1.1.5 everything is OK
    Quote Originally Posted by illbits
    Federal and State Laws

38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.
    12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation.
    What if you're in one of the 38 "one party" states talking to a person in one of the 12 "all party" states? How does the law work there?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast