1.    #1  
    Hello...

Here are the programs that are on my Treo 650 (above the normal ones):
    Epocrates (a medical/drug data base)
    Documents to go
    Navigation (TomTom with maps on the Card)

the last few times that i have hotsync'ed, everything would get updated, and then the hot sync freezes during hot sync'ing the maps on the card (which does not really need to be hot sync'ed)

lately, i simply disconnect the treo, and check the computer and treo for status: programs have downloaded well, and calendar and contacts update, but when i check the log- there is no evidence that there was even a hot sync.

What to do?
    Post your HotSync log - the log should state where it "stopped". That'll help tell us something as I suspect that the it's not really stopping there but that's just what you see on the Treo's screen.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    the Hot sync Log does not mention my most recent hot sync.... The Hot sync manager goes "non-responsive" and I have to go to my task manager to "end program..." (I did that twice this morning 11/22/05) The funny thing is that everything seems to get updated.

My most recent "retrievable" HOTSYNC log reads as follows:

HotSync operation started for Kevin on 11/16/05 11:54:25

OK Adobe Reader
    OK Quick Install
    OK AutoUpdate
    Outlook Calendar
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    -- Backing up ePInventory to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\ePInventory.PDB
    -- Backing up Rx-IntlPrefs-nc-2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Rx-IntlPrefs-nc-2.PDB
    -- Backing up SMS 6465304542BF30A18C to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\SMS_6465304542BF30A18C.PDB
    -- Backing up SMS Msg Database to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\SMS_Msg_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up AutoUpdate to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\AutoUpdate.PRC
    -- Backing up OnBoardAU to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\OnBoardAU.PRC
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Config-ObAU to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Config-ObAU.PDB
    -- Backing up GW-Msg-ep25 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\GW-Msg-ep25.PDB
    -- Backing up libaupd to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\libaupd.PRC
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up version-AUpd to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\version-AUpd.PDB
    -- Backing up version-ObAU to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\version-ObAU.PDB
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    -- The database for EULAText-nc-2.PDB was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 11/16/05 11:56:49
    See if you can turn off the TomTom map sync (set to do nothing) and see if you can get a complete sync. The reason I say this - their not in the above log. So where's the conduit? It should show in the log.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I agree with RSGMOOSE, get rid of TOM TOM or at least remove the SD card while you sync. If HotSync fails, the log never gets written. It is one of the last steps of the HotSync manager to do that.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I tried sync-ing with the card removed.... i still get a "complete" hot sync, but it still freezes in the end.

The last Log I have is from the day I downloaded TomTom 5 on my home computer (the log above is from my office computer) (By the way, TomTom works fine!)

This is the log from that day:

HotSync operation started for Kevin on 11/16/05 15:11:51

- Installed Application navigator: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\TomTomMaps\navigator.cab to PALM\Launcher
    - Installed Voice usaf3: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\TomTomMaps\usaf3.cab to TomTom
    OK Install TomTom Maps 1.66
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Install\cn.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Install\start.prc
    OK Install
    OK Install To Card
    Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    OK Memos
    OK Media
    OK Calendar
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Install TomTom Maps 1.66
    -- Backing up SMS 6465304542BF30A18C to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\SMS_6465304542BF30A18C.PDB
    -- Backing up SMS Msg Database to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\SMS_Msg_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Kevin\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 11/16/05 15:12:22
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys have some ideas....

THanks,
    Kevin
    Go to HotSync setting and see what command follows immediately after "Install to Card" and advise. There should be something between Install to Card and Quick Install.
    Moose Man
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Same problem here, but think I solved it. Go to HotSync "custom" and set backup to "do nothing"...seemsto have worked for me.
    Good luck
  9.    #9  
    After install to card I have "Backup"

On my office computer:
    I changed to "do nothing," and now when i try to hot-sync, i get a new error message:

"the connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your set up and try again."

Well, I checked, and tried again a few times.

I even reset the computer- no luck.

I will try the home computer next....
    Last edited by supey1; 12/05/2005 at 05:13 PM.