Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out a way to print their boarding pass from Southwest or any airline (which does not fax) to an IR printer?

I'd love to leave the laptop at home if I can.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i would love to see an app that would print via fax machine. as in dial a fax machine number and print what you want thus turning any fax into a printer away from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    i would love to see an app that would print via fax machine. as in dial a fax machine number and print what you want thus turning any fax into a printer away from home.
    I 2nd this request. Any developers wanna try?
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
  4.    #4  
    well, actually, you can kind of do that now.

I use send2fax.com and I can send any document to FAX#@send2fax.com and it gets faxed. If you send it to your own machine # (a virtual # they give you. does not ring) then you get it in your email as a PDF.

I want to really know how to print out of Blazer or, save a web page (on the Treo using only the Treo 650) so that you can print it.

It seems all of the printing software only prints from built in apps like momo pad, etc.

Is there a work around so that you can save a web page into an app like memo pad then print it out <WITH> graphics?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    My old VoiceStream phone would do this. I used it all the time. It was a feature provided by VoiceStream though, and independent of the phone hardware. You were issued a Fax # (which I used as my only fax # allowing me to get my faxes anywhere I happened to be) along with your cell #. You would get a text message that you had a fax, then you called in, it would tell you the # it came from and ask what # to send it to.

If a carrier would offer that today, I would switch in a second.
  6.    #6  
    Cool. Send2fax is cheap though.

But, to stay on topic. Does anyone know how to print a boarding pass using only their Treo 650 and an IR printer?
    I don't print mine. I check in online. Then when I get to the Southwest counter, I tell them that I am already checked in and they print it for me. Not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps.
  8.    #8  
    oh, thank you!

So, do you still keep an A slot?
  9.    #9  
    to be more clear,

Do you still get to keep the slot that you checked in at? Or, do they give you what's available at the time like a B or C slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    to be more clear,

Do you still get to keep the slot that you checked in at? Or, do they give you what's available at the time like a B or C slot?
    Currently Southwest will print you another boarding pass that has the group on that you would have gotten when you initially checked in. I can see them perhaps eventually changing this but as of right now they will just reprint the boarding pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    Currently Southwest will print you another boarding pass that has the group on that you would have gotten when you initially checked in. I can see them perhaps eventually changing this but as of right now they will just reprint the boarding pass.

I also do this all the time. Hope they don't change it!
    to be more clear,

Yes you keep your slot.

You don't have to print the boarding pass you're assigned when you check in online. I've checked in online 24 hours before my flight but printed nothing. Then arrived at the airport the next day and printed my boarding pass from the machines and always keep the group (A, B or C) I got when I checked in the previous day.
    And when you say "check in online", I assume you mean with the Blazer browser (no java or anything that fails on Blazer)? If so, that's awesome, I gotta try it!
  14. LGA
    On Southwest, you can check in and not print. When you go back to print your boarding pass, you'll have the same number with an "r" by it.

I checked in using my 650 last night and was an A, #18. When I got to the office this morning to print it, I am 18r - still an A.
  15.    #15  
    This was well worth the post. Thanks everyone!
    printme prints to a FAX and I beleive to compatible IR printers. check it out at printme.com. This program is installed on my Treo, anyone else have it?

I am really not too sure how it got on my treo, it must have been installed with another program.
    Cool. Send2fax is cheap though.

But, to stay on topic. Does anyone know how to print a boarding pass using only their Treo 650 and an IR printer?
    Steal the printer from the rent-a-car return guy and I will try and kludge it together.
    Let me ask a dumb question. When would you have a printer that doesn't also have a computer that you could use for printing boarding passes?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Does Southwest have a mobile site?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Pheath,

I've had to use the printers at office depot, staples etc. when I needed to print something out and didn't have a computer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast