Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is the download link containing the 1.51 firmware upgrade files.

*Ensure that you have at least 5mb of ram free. Battery power should be full and Treo is plugged when updating.

1.If you have handzipper or resco explorer, unzip all files to ram.
    2. If not, just unzip and install via hotsync to ram
    3. Go to applications or refresh your 3rd party launcher. You will then see the GSM updater icon.
    4. Tap on the update button. If your radio is on, it will automatically turn off.
    5. Once the update is done, your Treo will automatically reset.
    6. Go to phone, menu, options, Phone info. Firmware is now 1.51

Warning: Do not customize this with other ROW updaters. Use this seperately or you may risk bricking your Treo.
    Is the echo problem fixed?
  3.    #3  
    Yes
    Pulled my trigger and did the upgrade. Yes, the echo problem disappeared, but the headset phone volume is too low now, I didn't hear any difference between this version and the old 1.31. I may remember wrong, can anybody confirm it? I need my VC back to boost the volume. Not good.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Is this Firmware 1.51 extracted from the Cingular Update ?
    Will i have the Cingular splash screen or unlocked GSM after it ?

Calico
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Pulled my trigger and did the upgrade. Yes, the echo problem disappeared, but the headset phone volume is too low now, I didn't hear any difference between this version and the old 1.31. I may remember wrong, can anybody confirm it? I need my VC back to boost the volume. Not good.
    Headset volume did decrease a bit but it doesnt matter since VC is there. However, volume without VC is still ok but not as loud as 1.43 when it caused echoing.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    Is this Firmware 1.51 extracted from the Cingular Update ?
    Will i have the Cingular splash screen or unlocked GSM after it ?

Calico
    Yes its from the latest Cingular update.

Nope, only the firmware is updated.
    Ok, thanks. I extracted it myself with all languages (11 files) and will
    give it a try later today.
    Yeah, I was gonna say... all one need do is post the instructions on how to extract the necessary files from the already published update... no need to host a separate copy. :-)

So... for those of us English speakers, the files from the Cingular update to copy to RAM (by your favorite method.. mine is WebDAV or SD) are:

• FirmwareFlasher.pdb
    • FirmwareParamInd.pdb
    • FirmwarePatch.pdb
    • FirmwarePatch2.pdb
    • FirmwareStackRel.pdb
    • FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc (addl language files are present)
    • FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc

Once these are copied to RAM, you'll see a "GSM Updater" application. Launch it... hit the big button, and watch it go. If your battery charge isn't high, I'd suggest an A/C connection. And I might also suggest shutting down your background apps and turning off the radio first. :-) I also take the (perhaps unneccessary) precaution of removing my SD and SIM cards, too.
    Dont know about anything else but I can confirm that sound volume decreases
    Just did the update by copying the files to the SD card /palm/launcher and starting the update directly from the card. All is happy and well.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    Dont know about anything else but I can confirm that sound volume decreases
    Decreses from what? 1.43? Hopefully not from the last official Palm release.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Updated my unbranded European T650 from FW 1.28.

Went well BUT I coudn't place any phoe calls anymore!! Had to restore the last official Palm update again to have a phone again.

Beware!
    --
    Manfred
    Wow....seems much faster for edge...now instead 0f 80kbps i am steadily getting 130+ maybe the network is doing better today. Anyone else notice an increase in edge related speeds?
    Can anyone who does NOT use Volumecare confirm that the handset volume is lower than 1.31?
    that is a needle in a haystack...we all need volumecare....
    but I did one call after the update..which I did after a hard reset.....still too quiet...so then restored my backup etc and am still using volumecare
    I found the handset volume is lower than 1.31. I am back to use FW 1.43.
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    Is the echo problem fixed?
    I upgraded to this new firmware and it still has an echo problem when using the speakerphone. That's disappointing.
    It may be that some of the fixes reside in the Cingular-specific firmware. I much prefer this upgrade method (via SD card), but it may be worth waiting until the official 1.51 for unlocked phones is out, and then applying this upgrade method.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I found no improvement in 1.51 and volume is definitively lower so I want to go back to 1.43, to do so, do I simply re-flash with the 1.43 or do I need to do something special before ?

Thanks,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast