Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's start a thread on discussing this update.

I had to resort to a hard reset and a new temporary hotsync name to update.

The keyboard brightness changes with screen brightness.

What other obvious improvements (besides more stability etc. and the jury is out on that one) do you see?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    WHy did you 'have to resort;?
    Cool! Hadn't noticed the keyboard dimming!
  4.    #4  
    If I tried to go through the process (I have lots of installed applications, conduits drom DTG, Movie Guide etc), the process would stop after the initial Hotsync.

The installer is a 3 step process. The install came to a halt after step 1 was completed. The firmware installer files did not get installed.

I did the following:

1. Move items out of my Backup folder to a temporary backup location)
    2. Switched off my Radio
    3. Did a hotsync. This copied the latest files into the now empty Backup directory for my user ID.
    4. Hard reset
    5. Hotsync. Create a new user ID (called it TEMPORARY)
    6. Run firmware installer. It ran correctly, backed up a few files to the Backup folder of TEMPORARY user ID, copied the firmware installer, ran the installer and restored the Treo with the few files belonging to TEMPORARY user.
    7. Hard reset
    8. Hotsync, this time choosing my original User ID. All files got restored (except Voicedial).
    9. Installed voicedial.

Everything seems fine .. so far. I have gained about 1 MB of memory, but that could be temporary. I did not save a good record of my RAM contents size before upgrading.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The keyboard brightness changes with screen brightness.
    Yup! Just what I always wanted. They ported the obnoxious keypad-lights-don't-stay-off bug, too.

6.    #6  
    What bug is that?

KSLight seems to work ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    they'll go on if you change the screen brightness. you'll have to toggle twice to turn them back off, because the turned-on state isn't properly reflected in the OS.
  8.    #8  
    Ah. I see...

You'll just have to fix your applications to account for this "feature"

:-)

Please.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Yahoo! Unlocked GSM users can firmware upgrade
    How?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Ah. I see...

You'll just have to fix your applications to account for this "feature"

:-)

Please.
    heh. yeah, I know.

It's not really possible to fix KSLight. I'll look at doing something to keyshades, though. I think I know how to approach it, but it's annoying and I am not sure when I'll have time to work through all the details.
    Has anyone tried BT DUN on the Cingular software/firmware?

It didn't work very well on the previous version.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Also, turning the device off and back on restores the keyboard lights to their prior status.
  14.    #14  
    Cool. That helps users of KSlight. I don't change the screen brightness very often. When I will, I'll switch the Treo off-on to get back the status of the keyboard light.

I can live with that.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Wow I picked up 3 megs went from 8.5 to 11.6 megs, not bad.
    i seemed to pick up some more memory too..

I use docstogo.. ran the DataViz Tech Tool and moved the apps back on the
    SD card to save some more memory.. (the update seems to reinstall the soft on
    the treo..)
    Pocket Protector no longer seems to work........

Edit - now it's working.
    hmmm it seems to handle DBCache a little differently...I see the number jumping around a little, but I think its better.

Every little bit helps since I have Goodlink, TomTom and Realplayer going at the same time

ps...I also had problems with the install...ended up having to hardreset, sync with a bogus user than do it again to restore my backup
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Yup! Just what I always wanted. They ported the obnoxious keypad-lights-don't-stay-off bug, too.

Does ProfileCare's keyboard dimming feature still work with this new ROM? I don't have a Cingular device to test with.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    How?
    I started a thread already with the download link and instructions for FW 1.51 upgrade for Unlocked GSM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast