Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Reboots every third or fourth Blazer launch--but no more freezes! Anyone else having Blazer problems?
    Since updating, I have several issues that I never experienced.
    1. When activating Treo from one of the Hard Buttons, the Keyguard can not be deactivated until after several attempts. The app shuts off before I can try again. I usually have success on the 5th or 6th try. I finally disabled the keyguard all together to get past this.
    2. The 5 way D-Pad does not seem to work in making selections from any app. For example, in Contacts I can not scroll down the list with the D-Pad nor dial a number by pressing the center. It works fine with the stylus though.
    3. Switching apps has become very slow.
    4. System Resets launching Blazer (only some times)

I am ready to perform another Hard Reset and reinstall all my apps 1 by 1 to try and solve the issues. Before I do, where can I get a list of the files that belong in my backup folder after I've set my preferences but before installing new apps.

I want to restore my User Preferences, Speed Dial buttons, Blazer Bookmarks page, Downloaded Midi Ringtones, Call History Database, SMS History & Templates. Which files belong with these items. Is there a list of files and the programs they are associated with? I am afraid that I may have orphaned files that may be conflicting with my programs.

Until now, I have had almost no issue with my Treo 650 that I couldn't easily solve myself or with the right utility (like Volume Care).

I am a Cingular (former ATT) customer with a locked (ATT) Treo 650. Firmware: 01.51 Software: Treo650-1.17-CNB Hardware: A

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I don't believe the Blazer app is 100% stable on the Treo anyway.
    I make this observation while using Blazer on 7 Treos, 3 firmwares.
    Someone pointed out that the Palm driver causes a screen flicker. I am using the ThinkOutside driver for the BT keyboard and it is causing the same problem. I am using an Cingular GSM with the 1.17 update. No flicker before the update.
    I've noticed two things since updating.

1) I get white screens for a lot longer between launching apps or the device restarting

2) Keyshades hack does not work all the time. If I turn up the brightness on the screen the keys back light comes on. I have to turn off the Treo and then turn it back on for the keys to go back to being off.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmunch
    2) Keyshades hack does not work all the time. If I turn up the brightness on the screen the keys back light comes on. I have to turn off the Treo and then turn it back on for the keys to go back to being off.
    I put up an update to keyshades - 1.3b1 - that should work around this problem. It'll detect when you change the screen brightness and turn the keyboard lights back off.

It appears to work for me but it might conflict with other applications or cause weird problems; I don't know. Let me know how it works out.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456