Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I noticed that when i went back to 1.15-CNG the graphics in "holdemhigh" game where nice, but when using 1.14 or 1.17 they are messed up. i see blanks instead of pictures.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

2.    #62  
    The default home page in Blazer is some Cingular WAP site. Used to be a Google page for Palm...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #63  
    DBCache handling is DEFINITELY improved.

Despite running Xpress Mail, Blazer, 2day, 4cast, Versamail, DTG the total free NVFS cache is 5965 KB and largest free is 4911 KB. Much higher than in the past. I don't use any DBCache manager ...
    Last edited by aprasad; 11/22/2005 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Does anyone have GoodLink with the new fw update? That app is the only reason I had to use dbCacheTool+Resco Locker and I'd love to hear that P1 finally got the cache manager working right. aprasad has given me hope again

Now, I just need to wait my turn for the Sprint update...
    Also the Bluetooth update is much better. Supertooth II connects faster and now works with 2Dial perfectly holding the connection where before it was hit or miss. Also if you use voicemail a lot check out www.shsh.com and the 2dial program - extremely helpful in general and especially in the car.
  6.    #66  
    Gosh dagnabbit!! The auto-off after 30 sec is still happening. After a phone call longer than 30 sec (resulting in a screen blanking), the treo powers off after 30 sec. This is despite the Prefs-Power showing an auto-off time of 1 minute.

Back to AutoOff (at least ver 1.3 is free and small application)..

http://home.vr-web.de/~jSwi/SoftPalm/AutoOff.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I have installed 1.17G/1.51 and have a new issue since the update.

When I turn the screen off it flickers. I get a flash on the entire screen at random intervals ranging from 2 seconds to about 35 seconds. By flicker, I mean that the screen is entirely dark and then the entire screen goes white for a small fraction of a second.

Anybody else having this issue?

I have installed:

Docs to Go
    Keyboard (the utility to use the bluetooth keyboard)
    Keycaps (Disabled)
    PXA Clocker (Disabled)
    TCPMP
    VeriChat (off)
    Volumecare (Enabled)

I also have the network hack installed, but the flicker began before the install.

Just did a soft reset, left the radio off, and turned the screen off. Still flickers.
    Last edited by WMILLER64111; 11/22/2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Edit
  8.    #68  
    No screen flicker here. What about trying a hard reset (after copying the contents of the backup folder etc etc.)? You know the drill .... I hope.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by clintfisher
    BTW, my performance boost was almost identical when I deleted keyshadehack.

from 3000+ to 111. Big performance boost in moving around.

Never having tried to delete keyshadehack prior to the upgrade, I wonder how many other problems it has caused...

-C
    I'm guessing you, and anyone else who's experiencing a slowdown running keyshades hack, are running a very old version. I fixed the slowdown problem way back in July, and the impact of the current version is quite minimal, about 1 second/10 ticks. Try grabbing the latest version from my website.

Also, as aprasad points out you can use the 'light' version. But the one that hooks HEDE works far better!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Also, as aprasad points out you can use the 'light' version. But the one that hooks HEDE works far better!
    Not to argue with you on your creations .. but why is KS better than KSLight?

KSLight is perfect, IMO. People with Butler can map a keypress to launch KSLight which does it's job and quits cleanly..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Any random crashing or resets with anyone?
    Hard Reset did the trick. Now I just need to figure out which program is the offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    KSLight is perfect, IMO. People with Butler can map a keypress to launch KSLight which does it's job and quits cleanly..
    Ideally, kslight would work as well as keyshades, but a lot of Palm applications don't behave correctly when terminated and relaunched. For instance, Blazer doesn't always properly reload the previous web page - even if it does, it does so slowly. pssh likewise loses its state when it terminates. If I find myself needing the keyboard lights for whatever reason, I'd have to put up with restarting the application in order to get them.

With keyshades as I originally designed it, I can turn the keyboard lights on and off without worrying about the application restarting and losing its state. For me this works a lot better. But, hey, it's your Treo, not mine.
  14.    #74  
    Could someone else verify that despite the blurb on the firmware update site, the Treo will still Auto-off after 30 seconds once a phone call of greater than 30 sec is made?

Thet long phone call ends up blanking the screen and changing the auto-off setting internally. Just like the buggy previous formware...

:-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Unfortunately an italian guy posted above some FREEZE events (with 1.51 fw only update on an unbranded GSM).

What about you?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  16.    #76  
    I have had no freezes on my Cingular phone .. But I didn't used to with the previous ROM either.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    aprasad - Dangit, you're right. The 30-second-off bug has returned.

The really odd thing is, I had it when I initially ran the 1.15 upgrade. I was developing an app to fix it, and the bug spontaneously went away on my phone so I never finished the near-completed app (because I couldn't test it anymore).

Back to the drawing board. <sigh>

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    I'm on CNB. Auto off feature seems to be working properly here. I did have to go back to my power setting initially to change it to 2 minutes (after restore it was set to 30 seconds).

Have had 3 or so random crashes since the update, 2 after exiting blazer and dialin voicemail from the favorite on the phone screen, 1 from "Web" when the screen was off (spontaneous) and one more just before midnight.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    aprasad - Dangit, you're right. The 30-second-off bug has returned.

The really odd thing is, I had it when I initially ran the 1.15 upgrade. I was developing an app to fix it, and the bug spontaneously went away on my phone so I never finished the near-completed app (because I couldn't test it anymore).

Back to the drawing board. <sigh>
    I have gone back to AutoOff (in my post # 66) a workaround to this bug.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    aprasad - The 30-second-off bug has returned.
    +1

Thanks for the workaround in post #66
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast