Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've had one reset so far... Running for 2 hours..

Looks like it was caused by Verichat. (2.86)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I started a thread already with the download link and instructions for FW 1.51 upgrade for Unlocked GSM.
    So darklord was apparently misinformed when he asserted that we would be getting version 1.71... Odd. He seemed to be the genuine article and had 1.71 on his device.
  3.    #23  
    Headset volume is louder.

I have disabled VC for now and may delete in a week or so it if I don't miss it ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I believe he had the ROW version which will be a differrent version than the Cingular versioni.
    Help, please help.
    I placed a copy of my c:\prg files\palm\600T folder on my desktop first (though its is a 600T folder it acutally has my 650 data files in it; I simply sync'd the new 650 to my old 600t name when I got the phone a while back.

Tried to do the cingular 1.71 update just now and got an the message:
    Error update ROM and pressed the OK button on the phone to accept the message.
    My phone still says it is at 1.51

My log indicated the following info:

HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)
    PalmUpdate05 - HS_SYNC_FAILURE Received 11/22/05 09:20:16
    An error occurred in the previous update process. Please recalibrate your device and refer to the update wizard instructions to retry the update with a temporary Hotsync user. synchronization failed
    11/22/05 09:20:16
    PalmUpdate05 - RegWrite( NOTIFIER_STAGE = INSTALLING ) 11/22/05 09:20:16

Not sure just how one is to do this though I did try to snyce again and the desktop of course let me know the phone did not have a user name so I typed in a new one named Treo 650 and then got this error log:

PalmUpdate05 - Components of the Treo 650 updater are missing, please reinstall the upgrader if you wish to upgrade your device synchronization failed

I really don't care to screw this update up anymore then it is. Can someone point in the right direction as to what I should do at this time?

Again the treo still has the old rom update and at this time no user name appears to be assoicated to it.

Last, indeed it would be nice to get all my data back on this thing once the update runs. I don't mind if it needs a new name, Treo 650, instead of the Treo 600; I'm sure I could somenow get the data file from the 600 folder to the 650 folder once the update works.

Not now I wanted to spend my morning !!!
    thks for any help
  6.    #26  
    Try a hard reset, followed by a new Hotsync user ID. This will make yout Treo like it came from the factory. Try the ROM update with the Treo in that state.

After the update is completed, do another hard reset and this time, on Hotsync, select your original ID.

Just like I had posted earlier in this thread.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    thks, found out I had to get out of the 1.71 update/install app that was running first. was then able to do a sync with a new name. since I didn't have loads of 3rd party apps installed b4 I just ran the splashwallet suite and a few other installs then copied back over the blaser bookmark.pdb file and I now seem good to go.
  8.    #28  
    Glad things are working for you.

Come on folks .. any more revelations about new features/ideosyncracies of the new update?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I updated last night and so far the phone has been very stable with 3PA's. Volume is louder, tones are fixed, keyboard lights dim with screen, same connection speed, same download speeds, gmail support in VersaMail, are some things I've noticed.

Just so you guys lnow DO NOT use the keyshade hack with this FW. It brought my speed test with from a 110 to 3000 with PalmInternals, OUCH! Got rid of that real qiuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    Just so you guys lnow DO NOT use the keyshade hack with this FW. It brought my speed test with from a 110 to 3000 with PalmInternals, OUCH! Got rid of that real qiuck.
    doesn't do that on mine, I still get 8 seconds (808) as I did before.
    From a former locked 1.15/1.31 user, I'm very pleased with this update...very.

Blazer seems slightly faster and haven't noticed any annoying freezes while surfing yet. That was a huge problem i had before.

So far I've only had about 2 completely random resets but I'm still testing out different software which may explain those.

After getting used the fact that my phone would always lock up and die throughout the night, it was a pleasant surprise to have my phone just light up and work right away.

Maybe it's my imagination but the phone seems snappier...everything seems to respond a bit faster. I have no numbers to back that up, just instinct...maybe someone can verify that.

It still can't make me breakfast in the morning, but overall i'm happy with it...i'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSwank
    After getting used the fact that my phone would always lock up and die throughout the night, it was a pleasant surprise to have my phone just light up and work right away.
    Max,
    do you mean that you frequently had the FREEZE problem ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95122 ) and that now it has gone? Please say yes.

Thanks for your feed back.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Max,
    do you mean that you frequently had the FREEZE problem ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95122 ) and that now it has gone? Please say yes.

Thanks for your feed back.

I' think this is an hopeless situation, I'm now waiting for the 3rd treo 650.

The first was unstable, the second (exchanged by Palm), was with a broken connector (no cable hotsynk) and crashy too.

I'm using cellular phones since the '90, in this time I'm changed about 40 phones from various brands, and I've never seen a crappy device like the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    I' think this is an hopeless situation, I'm now waiting for the 3rd treo 650.

The first was unstable, the second (exchanged by Palm), was with a broken connector (no cable hotsynk) and crashy too.

I'm using cellular phones since the '90, in this time I'm changed about 40 phones from various brands, and I've never seen a crappy device like the treo.
    I agree with you unfortunately, I had quite a lot hw issue too.

My question is purely sw as we understood that FREEZE is a sw (better fw) issue and 1.43 seems to sort FREEZE issue out.
    Do you mean that you had a FREEZE event with 1.51?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Do you mean that you had a FREEZE event with 1.51?
    Yes, the very first after about 5 min, with no sw installed, and w/o any operation on the phone, no calls, no internet browsing.

Simply the phone reboot istself w/o any good reason.

In the last week I've tryed alomost all I can do, all the known sw/fw, and I've tried with all the Italian operators (Wind/Vodafone/TIM) and with various kind of SIMs 32/64/128 KB.

No matter the treo freezes, hangs, or reboots sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after a couple of hours.

The most schocking thing is that the treo sometimes hangs but if I' call it from another phone I can ear the ringhing tone, but nothing happen in the treo side.

This scenario is completely new for me I've never heard of a crashed phone that "accept" calls.

Is This a "business terminal" ?

The only business is on the palm side that make (a lot of ) money selling a joke as a advanced terminal.
    Just anothet thing.

I live in Italy, the palm call center is in Dublin (Ireland), but the Palm repair center is in Prague (Czech Repubblic) .

Obviously the call center has nothing to do with the repair center and is impossible to have any "reliable" info about the repair status from the call center, and obviously is impossible to comunicate directly with the repair center.

Very very disappointing.
    Last edited by The Solutor; 11/22/2005 at 01:36 PM.
    I have lost memory. I've gone from 6.9 to 3.6.

There is a new file called. Treo650-palmos.zip.a on my Treo. Think this might be the update, from when I had to restart with a temp hotsync name. How can I delete and , better yet, should I?
    There is another file called Treo650-palmos.zip.d on there as well.

a is 2112k
    d is 756k

Same question: can I safely delete them?
    Yes, the very first after about 5 min, with no sw installed, and w/o any operation on the phone, no calls, no internet browsing.

Is that a freeze event, or a spontaneous reset?

I too am curious if anyone has any freezing with this firmware.

In the last week I've tryed alomost all I can do, all the known sw/fw, and I've tried with all the Italian operators (Wind/Vodafone/TIM) and with various kind of SIMs 32/64/128 KB.

No matter the treo freezes, hangs, or reboots sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after a couple of hours.

The most schocking thing is that the treo sometimes hangs but if I' call it from another phone I can ear the ringhing tone, but nothing happen in the treo side.

This scenario is completely new for me I've never heard of a crashed phone that "accept" calls.

Is This a "business terminal" ?

The only business is on the palm side that make (a lot of ) money selling a joke as a advanced terminal.
    Ciao Solutor,
    what you described is the well known FREEZE problem that affect the 80% of GSM user (see my poll, link above, that explains everything). I noticed it on 5 Treos replaced for this reason.
    1.43 fw update has been reported, by several GSM user, to fix it. 1.51 fw update (and upcoming official release) should be based on 1.43 for what radio is concerned.

Are you saying that you had a freeze with 1.43 or 1.51 fw version? I hope and think no, as you are talking about last week and this release (1.51 extracted from 1.51-1.17 CNG) has been posted on Monday.
    I hope you still are on 1.28 or at least 1.31.

Waiting for your feed back.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast