Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know what the link is for that pops up at the end of the install? Its for the program splashshopper. I forgot to download it for my wife and there is no easy way to find the link again without reflashing my treo.
    Sorry... for some reason, the song Brick House jumped into my mind. But I started huming it to "Brick Treo". ... "It's a brick... Treo"

You might try a PIN reset. But if the bugger won't boot....
    I do get the prompt to erase data, I pushed the up button as directed to erase and then it reboots, again, and again.....
    Thanks for the BRICK reply....what is a pin reset?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I downloaded the CNG updater because that's what I'm currently running, even though my 650 is supposed to be CNB (AT&T). It worked fine. I did the hard reset, install as new user method. No problems seen so far.
    Taroliw's suggestion worked the second time, it looks like it may be back from the dead...... wish me luck!
    This may be my imagination but has anyone experienced an increase in free memory after the update?

I've got 4mb of freed up memory after the update. I have moved some data to the SD card but no where near 4mb.
    ok, it is back from the dead and working, how can I tel if the firmware update took?
    Menu-I while in the Phone application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    splashshopper web page is...
    http://web.palm.com/support/cingular_treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by jowille
    Thanks for the BRICK reply....what is a pin reset?
    Hold UP arrow instead of power key during reset.
    I guess the firmware did not get installed, it is showing ver. 1.51.... here goes nuthin again!
    ran the updater again, created a new user profile, worked like a charm....no more brick! Thanks,

Bill
    I guess the firmware did not get installed, it is showing ver. 1.51.... here goes nuthin again!
    Uh, you do know that this updater comes with FW 1.51? :-) It was updated. Did your CN[G,B,A] version go to 1.17?
    ran the updater again, created a new user profile, worked like a charm....no more brick! Thanks,

Bill
    Yay!! Welcome to the land of the upgraded.
  16.    #176  
    I had to sit back stunned after reading this one
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    This may be my imagination but has anyone experienced an increase in free memory after the update?

I've got 4mb of freed up memory after the update. I have moved some data to the SD card but no where near 4mb.
    I got about 4mb as well. Nice side benefit.
    elbastardocalvo
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    My only problem so far with the update is that I can't copy over the Piscel browser to the RAM.

Anyone else?
  19. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Another thing: I have a CNB phone. The Select Network option is there in the Phone app. I specifically excluded Phone_enUS from my Backupman restore so that I wouldn't get the localization issues and reset loop; but the option is still there.
    Thanks for the link to Splashshopper!!
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast