Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I unlocked my phone using unlockcellular.com. If I run the updater will my phone become locked again or will it remain unlocked? I kept the codes that originally unlocked it just in case. Any help wold be appreciated before I update my Treo.
    Updating your phone will not effect the unlock state of your phone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    shouldn't have to remove it, but it couldnt hurt. I would do it to be safe.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytk36
    shouldn't have to remove it, but it couldnt hurt. I would do it to be safe.
    Which file should I delete? I'm using FileZ and I see:

Phone_CNGW 80 k
    Phone_CNGW_enUS 698 B
    Phone_enUS 78 k
    Phone_enUS 85 k

Is it one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu
    I have this network hack installed with 1.15 and I'm about to update to 1.17. Do I need to remove this before I run the install or will it just overwrite it with the 1.17 version?

It will overwrite the file. Just make sure not to bring it back when you restore from your backup. Doing so will lead to a "localization error" and you will not be able to boot the phone completely.

Learned it the hard way.
    Phone_enus should do it. But you can delete them all if you wanted. The treo would replace them from a copy from the rom.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    It will overwrite the file. Just make sure not to bring it back when you restore from your backup. Doing so will lead to a "localization error" and you will not be able to boot the phone completely.

Learned it the hard way.
    I'm backing up by performing a hotsync. How can I make sure it doesn't copy the hacked version back over after I update and perform another hotsync?
    Go into your Documents/Palm/Users/username/backups folder on your computer (at least thats where its located on my Mac, don't know about PC). Delete the file phone_enUS.prc. Thats all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Updating your phone will not effect the unlock state of your phone.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question....but I just want to verify this since my phone was locked and I had to get the code myself from the website to unlock it.

Thanks!
    To install the 1.17 update do I just do a hotsync to create a backup, then run the update and follow the instructions? I thought back when I did the 1.15 update there was something about creating a new blank profile, and then after the update I switched it back to my normal profile. Is that required with this update? I definitely don't want to lose what I have backed up.
    Please keep your comments to the other thread.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    3 Hours and no crash's yet.... And another plus, i'm getting better reception in my dorm room, where I barely have enough to make or recieve a call....But this could just be luck
    That was scary.

I got an error message -- ROM not updated, and went to Phone Info, and sure enough it wasn't -- but followed the directions on the InstallShield Wizard screen, and it updated now. Currently hotsyncing to get my data back.
    To install the 1.17 update do I just do a hotsync to create a backup, then run the update and follow the instructions? I thought back when I did the 1.15 update there was something about creating a new blank profile, and then after the update I switched it back to my normal profile. Is that required with this update? I definitely don't want to lose what I have backed up.

When you start the install it will have you do a hotsync as the first step where it backs up your files and then sends the update program over to the Treo

but for safety, I would do a hotsync before you start that and Go into your Hotsync folder on your drive and make a copy of the entire folder.

That advice is based on the fact that my install initially failed and left some of the incomplete update files in the hotsync folder...I ended up doing a Hard Reset, sync'd to a bogus user so I could redo the software update and then having to weed out those update files before I resync'd with my original backup (If I had an extra offline copy I could have just replaced the folder and sync'd that)
    I just ran the update, and I did the first step by hotsyncing. That went through fine. Now it's at Step 2, and it says:

Congratulations! Your device has been successfully backed up.

The updater will copy all required files to your device. This step will take approximately 2 minutes.

Static

Don't disconnect your device, or touch the screen until you're directed to do so.

The installer just stopped here and the treo is also doing nothing. Should I kill the task and try again? It's been several minutes with no visual indication that anything is happening at all.
    Same thing happened to me...I exited out of the update and started it again...no problem and it ran perfectly. Also, I noticed that Versamail works great! The signature problem with activesync is fixed and shows up in the right place now. Also the 0006 error message when you send e-mails is gone. Additionally the bluetooth pairs much better and the dialing is much quicker when entering tones to access voice mail. Very happy with this update!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Same thing happened to me...I exited out of the update and started it again...no problem and it ran perfectly. Also, I noticed that Versamail works great! The signature problem with activesync is fixed and shows up in the right place now. Also the 0006 error message when you send e-mails is gone. Additionally the bluetooth pairs much better and the dialing is much quicker when entering tones to access voice mail. Very happy with this update!

Also...the attachment problem with activesync and DTG is fixed.
    I've got everything synced back, the bluetooth working again, and so far everything looks okay!

That error message WAS scary though.
    I have this network hack installed with 1.15 and I'm about to update to 1.17. Do I need to remove this before I run the install or will it just overwrite it with the 1.17 version?
    EDIT:
    I've posted the new 1.17-CNG 'network select' hack:
    http://www.hively.com/selectnetworkhack/
    Go ahead and download it, 3 people have already tested it and say it works.
    Last edited by taylorh; 11/22/2005 at 06:43 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    SWEET!!! Just finished pillaging the 1.51 firmware update from the CNG-1.17 installer. Now running ROW-1.13 with 1.51 firmware. Haven't made any calls yet, but expecting nice improvements.